Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I wonder why people are so serious about this anyway, felt like it was meant to start out on a tongue-in-cheek tone. Then again...

10+ Year Old Account
    No offence but you kinda sound like a loser. I left my parents house at 19. i was going to college and a job i played my cards right and got a car. I also can afford all the essentials and the new laptop im using right know

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    No offence but you kinda sound like a loser. I left my parents house at 19. i was going to college and a job i played my cards right and got a car. I also can afford all the essentials and the new laptop im using right know
    Sounds like OP is in a better spot than you if all you can do is "afford the essentials and my new laptop". Moving out early without graduating or having a GOOD paying job (18~ dollars/euros an hour) is a very poor choice.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Living at home and had everything taken cared of?

When I lived with my mom, I had to do my own laundry. I often cooked my own food. Housework? Well, she let me off by only letting me be responsible for my own room.

I approve, this is win.

Kinda funny seeing the jealous hater as well, made my day! =)

Really, there are both Con's and Pro's but in the end of the day it's damn comfortable. I've never done laundry in my live, I'll be getting a car from my parents once I cba to get my license, I don't work and I get food brought to me while raiding some times. Does this make me a looser? Hilarious misconception. Reason I don't do these things is because I don't have to, why should I make my life harder? Doing the laundry is probably extremely straight forward and just because I haven't done it doesn't make me retarded ^^

Was offered 2 jobs, declined both because I don't want to, nor do I have to. Ended school with lowest possible grades with some planning on my side to get away with least possible work, does this makes me stupid? No. (Hey, I got offered 2 jobs \o/) If I wanted the highest grades I would've done it, but I didn't feel like it so I choose not to. Of course, I respect the ones who are doing the (to me) boring grown up stuff but I choose not to.

Main reason I do this is, because of WoW. When I do stuff, I want to give it all. Playing WoW half-arsed and having a job at the same time which I don't put 100% dedication to isn't my way. Call it extreme, sure, but I am not going to live anyone else life because they would feel good about it. This is the way I've choose and I don't regret anything, at all. (And I'm extremely happy to have to opportunity to do so as well.) Once I quit this game I'll probably be on my way out towards something completely different, but until then, I'm staying right here.
    Last edited by Lulleh; 2013-03-17 at 07:24 PM.

it all comes down to $$$$$ thats all. I am 22, in college and I live with my parents because I don't want to put more stress on them than I need to. They already pay for my college tuition and provide a lot for my daily expenses. Why would I force them to pay the rent for an apartment, it seems like an extra unnecessary burden on them. If your parents can easily provide for you then Im happy for you. Unfortunately being in college full time, it is very very hard to find a part time (unskilled) job that will pay for tuition, living expenses and rent....
    I will live at my parents house probably until graduation and then move out, it seems to be the most sensible choice.

sorry bad english but its not my main language

This post has so much preconceived nonsense, it hurts. Movie logic much? Large portion of people my ass, more like one in a million lol.

I know people like you, they constantly brag on how they achieved everything themselves when its nowhere near that, in fact, they are in more debt than everyone else and their lifes usually hang on a string. Its common for them to commit suicide once their prozac runs out
    Movie logic? No, try real world experience. If anything, your logic is the movie logic. Thinking that it's cool to live off of other people. If everyone followed your logic humanity as we know it wouldn't exist. And you know people like me? You obviously don't know anyone like me. I don't brag and boast about the things I've done or what I own; my achievements speak for themselves. And if I did, it simply goes to show that I have done things worth being proud of and have made something of myself just like hundreds of thousands of other people in the US. One in a million my ass...

Anyways, enjoy your life being a parasitic nobody. If you ever decide to grow up and be a man, then congrats for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    being a parasitic nobody.
    aka banker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juubo View Post
    Living at home and had everything taken cared of?

When I lived with my mom, I had to do my own laundry. I often cooked my own food. Housework? Well, she let me off by only letting me be responsible for my own room.
    oh man, do your own laundry AND cook your own food? Living with parents sure is hard.

I still live at home.
    Not becuase I don't have a choice. But it's pretty nice to be able to put my entire salary into a savings account. It's actually a lot of money now. And I've only been working for about 6 months.
    I'll be able to buy my own appartment without taking a loan pretty soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why people get bent out of shape. It's "normal" until the age of ~24, slightly odd from 24 - 28, and only really odd after 28 (unless you're caring for your parents and not just bumming free rent off them).

With how expensive housing is (speaking in US terms right now) and the job market just picking back up, I wouldn't judge anyone for living with their parents
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I don't see why people get bent out of shape. It's "normal" until the age of ~24, slightly odd from 24 - 28, and only really odd after 28 (unless you're caring for your parents and not just bumming free rent off them).

With how expensive housing is (speaking in US terms right now) and the job market just picking back up, I wouldn't judge anyone for living with their parents
    Same thing that I said earlier on in this thread. IF there's a legitimate reason, then sure. I know people that have done it too and there's nothing wrong with that. And those that I do know, do everything they can to be their own person still the only reliance they place on their parents is a place to sleep. They still cook and clean after themselves, work jobs, go to school, and are making strides to becoming independent and able to live on their own. But if you do it just because you're lazy, unmotivated, and afraid of the real world then that's when it should become problematic and viewed as unacceptable behavior (especially some of the comments as to why people in this thread stay at home).
    Last edited by jettzypher; 2013-03-18 at 10:46 PM.

Is this some American thing that you "need" to live on yourself when you're 20?
    I hardly know anyone that does and the few that do live on themselves already mostly had problems at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    yes.
    some would say 18

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 22 and living at home, just started University so I won't be moving out anytime soon (3 years of Uni so I'd estimate I'll be living here another 3 or 4 years)

But the only thing in the OP that is true is I get to game a lot, which I feel would be true no matter where I lived xD
    But I do my laundry, load the dishwasher, buy and cook my food (or sometimes everyone's food) etc

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I think so yes, no one really talks about it like this here either.

I live with my grandparents. I don't have a car. I go to college. I do my own laundry.

difference?

I drive them place to place, ie shopping n shit. I take them to their doctors appts. I do their laundry. I do yard work, take out the trash, and feed the three dogs.

they are old and helpless. grandpa is very hefty and can't walk. grandma has arthritis.

in return they give me a home and food.

there's a difference between us both. we both live at home. you're there cause you're too lazy to leave, do something with your life or take on any kind of responsibility. I'm here cause they are in a time of need and I want to be there for them.

all I can say is you're a waste of space. stop mooching off your parents and do something with your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    do something with your life
    you're an in-home nurse that works overtime and doesn't get paid

just thought i'd join in on the fun

Deleted
    I live at home with my mother and step dad and i'm 25.

Whilst I enjoy living with my family and been able to see them I wouldn't mind living on my own.

I can look after myself and tend to buy most of my own stuff anyway (apart from major meals which we eat as a family.).

To be honest I have spent alot of my life with it been just me and my mother against the world and I like having that bond, it is part of the reason I would find it hard to leave.

Deleted
    Dude... OP... I think you should grow up. I also live with my mother, and I'm 23, and currently I don't have a job, but I do try to help around the house as much as I can. Cleaning, gardening, making the house warm for when she comes, helping her with groceries, paying some bills... and to be honest sometimes I still feel like a leech. But you, you are one 100%! So grow up and try getting a job or at least start helping around the house, your mother isn't getting younger and she's worked a lot for you, time to at least help her out too. Seriously, stop being so damn lazy.

You shouldn't move out if you can't afford it, but do some damn stuff around the house to help your parents and try to get a job.

What's the big deal?

Honestly, it just makes economic sense to live at home unless you have some other reason you want to move out. I have a good relationship with both my parents, I help around the house if needed (although, honestly..I could and should do more), and I'm just saving up as much money as I can.

I'm in my mid-20s, I got a job straight out of college and I've been working ever since. I make a decent salary, but if I were to move out, the amount of money I could save would dip drastically. I did some calculating and after rent + utilities + food + bills + misc. costs, I would basically be spending a paycheck and a half a month to survive.

I plan on staying at home for a few more years and then maybe find a place with a roommate or two. Unless someone just refuses to move out because they enjoy being babied and spoiled by their parents, I don't see why this is even a big deal.