Poll: Was this guide useful to you?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Could you mention the Glyph of Holy Fire (increased reache for atonement), please?

From Darkness Comes Light works well together with Atonement if you want to keep an eye and Grace on the tank.
    Interaction of Twist of Fate and Atonement is very strong and makes it more interesting as well; it double dips and you get an incentive to pick targets for your dps spells. On most fights where it is a good talent for Shadow it is good for Disc as well.

Could you mention Borrowed Time in your description of Power Word: Shield (you do later on but I think since it only affects this spell and always this spell it could as well be part of the spell as disc and you put rapture up there so why not mention both and put rapture where it belongs), maybe even hint that it is a good idea to cast penance or instants (especially Holy Fire/Solace) after it if you want to use those spells anyways.
    The strength of atonement is that while it has a cast time the target of the smartheal is choosen when the cast is complete.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by platzman View Post
    Nochannel macro only allows you to "mash" (fast click) smite button near the end of penance-channeling safely, so that last tick of penance is not wasted but smite spell is queued as soon as possible. It actually fights against latency spikes.

+ I think you are mostly just trolling.

This is incorrect. Nochannel macros do delay your next cast until the cast is finished on the client, while the ticks are generated on the server, thus your nonchannel macro will start the spell cast after (cast time of pennance) + 2*(latency), but with a castbar that shows latency you could have started the cast after (cast time of pennance) + (reaction time).
    Since you have a visual help and can guess when the cast time is up in advance that reaction time can be quite short and will be shorter than twice the latencey for those areas where latency is an issue.

It is twice the latency (plus server reaction time) since the castbar of the client starts only after the server got the information that you started to cast pennance and replied to the server that the spell is registered as being casted.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    Glyph of Levitate is pretty useful for the timed chest run.
    Glyph of Inner Sanctum provides 16% speed with Inner Will active. So if you want to run slower, then by all means use it.

This is incorrect. Nochannel macros do delay your next cast until the cast is finished on the client, while the ticks are generated on the server, thus your nonchannel macro will start the spell cast after (cast time of pennance) + 2*(latency), but with a castbar that shows latency you could have started the cast after (cast time of pennance) + (reaction time).
    Since you have a visual help and can guess when the cast time is up in advance that reaction time can be quite short and will be shorter than twice the latencey for those areas where latency is an issue.

It is twice the latency (plus server reaction time) since the castbar of the client starts only after the server got the information that you started to cast pennance and replied to the server that the spell is registered as being casted.
    Interesting, I don't use a lot of macros I only added that one because it was a suggestion. Going to go ahead and remove that if this is all true!

Honestly I don't mind waiting another split second to cast my smite, if I'm doing it it means that no one is in great danger, I do hate it when I click on that key and I cut my Penance short, it doesn't happen all the time but it does happen and that's one larger and faster heal that was wasted.

It works fine if you have no latency and its great in combination with MC to use certain abilites only when you are channeling MC. Last time that was relevant was in Ulduar though. ^^

@ Erquonter

The macro you suggested does allow me to target someone else and cast Smite at their target only while Penance is not being channeled but it doesn't let me target an enemy myself and attack them, so I can't use it while doing dailies or if for some reason I need to target something myself. So what I did was was remove the " ,harm" part and put it in the beginning like my old one.

#showtooltip
    /stopmacro [channeling:Penance]
    /cast [harm] [@targettarget] Smite

Now it works perfectly, thank you very much

Added some detail into multiple sections!

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 06:04 PM ----------

Added numbers for you theory crafting folks :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 02:18 AM ----------

Added tons of theorycrafting for you math folks in the mana regen section.

Looks a good guide to me.

For every 600 Mastery Rating, our healing increases by 0.80% and Absorbs increase by 1.60

Rating Absorb % Healing % <-----------
    600 .80% 1.60%
    1,200 1.60% 3.20%
    2,400 3.20% 6.40%
    3,800 6.40% 12.80%
    6,600 12.80% 25.60%
    13,200 25.60% 51.2%
    Think you mixed up the two stats up there

Think you mixed up the two stats up there
    lol thanks, i got the column names mixed up ;P fixed.

Your table 'Calculating Required haste based on cast times' could use some more entries to make it easier to combine its contents with the one directly above it. It uses 'Haste%' including buffs, but doesn't outright say so. Giving the ratings needed for that would be great otherwise its disconnected to the rest of the haste part of your guide. (I'll see if I find time to pull those up shortly.) Also, an additinal row with 'cast time' '2.5' and 'Haste%' '0' would do well to show the base cast time (of PoH, which is what that table uses but doesn't say).

The renew haste was from Derevkas website, I personally could not find forumulas based on renew for haste unfortunatly.

I did add another section based on a 2.0 casting time however. The haste% is actually not including the buff, added text to reflect that.

Thanks noradin.

No sticky for this guide? oO

Way to copy all of my styles and overall layout... :X
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

O.o I didn't copy your layout? All I did was shift things from center to left justified >.>

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 02:48 PM ----------

Would you like it better if I went to right justified? O.o

Imitation is the best form of flattery

I posted my first draft before you >.> therefore you copied me!!

I posted my guide in 4.2, it's the same guide with a few modifications on text based on updates for 5.2 - I never even read yours lol

I never even read your 4.1 guide lol (No offense just didn't play holy then :P)

Why must people go around accusing nonsense -.-

Take a chill pill. It was an observation. But you can clearly see the similarities when you go back and forth between them and I don't recall yours being formatted that way before I posted mine (when yours was centered). It's not a big deal. RELAAAAAAAAAAX. You always think everyone is attacking you and out to get you and we're not.