Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    do free transfers for a specific faction to a specific server that has this sort of issue could be a step in the right direction. Wouldn't be a silver bullet, but it's better than doing nothing.
    I remember them doing this all the time in Vanilla and BC, opening transfers to a realm for one faction only, locking the other for new character creation only for accounts already established there. Wonder why we haven't seen it in so long.

My lock hit 90 last week. Today I won 14 pieces of loot from lfr. In one day. Now my ilevel is 480 and tomorrow I'm going to run the new lfr and buy a 522 ring. And they say there are no catch ups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    My lock hit 90 last week. Today I won 14 pieces of loot from lfr. In one day. Now my ilevel is 480 and tomorrow I'm going to run the new lfr and buy a 522 ring. And they say there are no catch ups.
    Well, congratulations on your lucky streak. Meanwhile, there are plenty of others who have some real bad RNG despite the buff to the drop rates.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrouswheel View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. Consider buying lottery tickets.

I, on the other hand, went 6 weeks without a single drop from LFR, including this week after the drop rate buff. Both of our cases are extreme, and should not be the basis for balancing catch up mechanics, but it's definitely going to take a very long time because the system is purely based on luck now.