Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Resto] Resto 25m shaman builds

Hellow fellow shammy healers;

3 days ago I changed from 10 man raiding to 25 man, and have now had my first 2 raiding nights (6/12 normal) - struggeling to keep up with some of the others healers, and trying to perform as good as I can. I am not cutting-edge raider, but know my class fairly well - right now in 503 gear.

I am in general wondering how other shamans would advice how to gear for 25m TOT (normal) raiding, in order to maximise raid performance?

Currently I am considering the following;

#1 Max. spirit, max. crit - around 48-50% mastery and minimum haste: I started out in this, but my heals seems quite slow, and think so far I experience that I get a lot of interrupted casts and probably my cooldowns dont give full value.

#2 Max. spirit, haste until 5200 (incl. AS), around 48% mastery, and rest on crit; I then also use the glyph of riptide to get that extra tick, and HTT/HST (should) also give an extra tick. Tried this on boss #6 and #7 yesterday, and the result was better I feel, although not top notch. Not sure I really get the full value of riptide, and also hard to compare boss #1-5 to boss #6-7. Not really a fan of spamming riptide though, playstylewise.

#3 Max. spirit, max. crit, min haste, and even spec out of AS and use EM instead (for Ascendance and HTT); I am currently considering this as I rarely use the AS cooldown on 25 man and thinking of EM to give some extra boost to the cooldowns. It dident match my reforge well during yesterday raid, but was thinking of using it next time on boss #7, although that fight might actually more need the riptide spam.

Comments, suggestion - and especially practical 25m resto experience in ToT - is very welcome. I am not really so interested in the theoretical max. output (standing still patchwerk fights), but more what works for the rest of you in an actual raid-enviroment.

Have a nice weekend
    Last edited by yopax; 2013-03-15 at 09:48 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be prepared to be dominated by other healers, 25man is in a weaker position then 10man. Option 2 is what I'm going for, but I'm on 7683 haste and I am wondering about the 5100 haste, that does not give the extra riptide tick, that is 5676. Riptide glyph is weak, you are unable to hot the whole raid, leave that to the druids.

Take a look at my armory if you want, I raid 25man primarly (also on 6/12). http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Disq/advanced
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

* Typo; obviously 5200 haste (5199) - and that is as a Goblin.

Thank you for your opinion; Others?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am switching spec depending on fight. If there is a big burst of incoming damage every 1-2mins, I am using elemental mastery (e.g. on Jin'rokh, Megaera (so far 9/12 normal down) and maybe even Dark Animus). On other fights, I use AS because it's really a life saver. I can't count how many times did I save someone with it. It's also pretty nice if there is huge unexpected damage coming (e.g. Durumu, when someone messes up the laser), you can drop instantly healing rain if you didn't have time to drop it (tank was dying or something)
    And reforges....again, depending on fight. If there are a lot of healing intensive phases (jin'rokh, sometimes council, tortos, megaera), I am going for ~1000-1500 haste (personal feeling), full spirit (14k wth flask and food) and rest to crit. Mastery untouched, because we have 2 disc priests :P
    Almost every piece of my gear has spirit + crit, so my stats (unbuffed, from armory) right now:
    4759 mastery - 47.8%
    6298 crit rating - 18.95%
    1024 haste - 7.53%
    12602 spirit

and talents:
    15 - I am using stone bulwark here, I like it much more than astral shift. I can use it while I'm almost dead to get maximum usage from it, but astral shift needs to be pre-activated. Also the absorb over 30sec seems much better to me than 6sec of 40% reduction. Yes, it is on GCD and costs some mana (can be recalled), but it saved my life many times
    30 - doesn't matter, I'm using earthgrab totem if there are some adds to kite
    45 - Totemic projection, I love this talent. I am at range, but see that tank is getting gibbed? No problem! Drop spirit link and relocate it to melee. Or mana tide so that all healers are in range of it. Same applies for healing tide, stormlash totem, fire elemental totem, ....
    60 - Already talked about it
    75 - HTT - obvious choice here, it can heal even over 3 millions and that is huge amount of healing.
    90 - PE - I use fire elemental on pull (for damage, it is quite good), recall it 2 seconds before expiration and then using EET when I need that boost to healing (it also reduces damage taken)

and glyphs - again, depends on fight. I never change totemic recall, it can give hundreds of thousands mana back. And depending on fight, I use a combination of these: SWG, HST, Riptide (almost never on 25), Telluric Currents (only sometimes, if I have time to cast less than 10 lightning bolts per fight, I generally don't use this.

In a 25 man, you want to go max Spirit almost no matter what, and then find a way to do more output with the excess regen that gives you. The reason why is Mana Tide Totem is the primary reason to even bring a Resto Shaman on most fights, and we are so weak that what Spirit does for the rest of the healers through MTT is superior to anything we can do with maxing our personal throughput stats.

After Spirit, I am going for 3764 Haste > Crit > Mastery > Haste. You need to do some testing yourself to make sure the 3764 haste breakpoint works (with Ancestral Swiftness), because totem breakpoints were bugged before. I did test it, and it seems to be working reliably for me, and I did notice that all of Exodus and Blood Legion's resto shaman are going to about that breakpoint (which after seeing was what triggered me to think it might have been fixed in the first place). However, other people tell me they still are getting inconsistent breakpoint levels on totems, so test it for yourself. Mastery is heavily devalued in 25 man, with the amount of absorb mechanics, as well as the general lack of tools to hit people with this tier.

Talents:
    15 - Stone Bulwark Totem - I have Nature's Guardian specced now because I need to use Earthbind to slow turtles on Tortos, but Stone Bulwark seems to be superior to Astral Shift for most fights this tier. If you have issues surviving big raid damage hits, obviously switch to Astral Shift for those fights.
    30 - Really doesn't at all matter unless you need one option or the other for utility.
    45 - Totemic Projection - With the amount of spreading and moving, I find that you need this talent more than ever this tier, especially for placing SLT.
    60 - Ancestral Swiftness - Required to make the 3764 haste breakpoint work without having to pull a lot more stats out of Crit and Mastery. I also find the instant cast to be something that is a life saver on heroic encounters (or even to place a Healing Rain during Ascendance).
    75 - Healing Tide Totem - Pretty much a straight up no brainer. Even with the buffs, the other 2 talents are not viable for Resto, and this talent is 10-25% of your total output.
    90 - Unleashed Fury - Primal Elementals are pretty buggy this tier (buff beams coming off constantly on some fights, so much movement that they despawn if you don't remember to move the totem, etc), and they benefit AoE healing the most (and the mechanics mean our AOE healing kind of sucks this tier). I prefer Unleashed Fury as a default talent because it is less frustrating, but switch the two quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    In a 25 man, you want to go max Spirit almost no matter what, and then find a way to do more output with the excess regen that gives you. The reason why is Mana Tide Totem is the primary reason to even bring a Resto Shaman on most fights, and we are so weak that what Spirit does for the rest of the healers through MTT is superior to anything we can do with maxing our personal throughput stats.

After Spirit, I am going for 3764 Haste > Crit > Mastery > Haste. You need to do some testing yourself to make sure the 3764 haste breakpoint works (with Ancestral Swiftness), because totem breakpoints were bugged before. I did test it, and it seems to be working reliably for me, and I did notice that all of Exodus and Blood Legion's resto shaman are going to about that breakpoint (which after seeing was what triggered me to think it might have been fixed in the first place). However, other people tell me they still are getting inconsistent breakpoint levels on totems, so test it for yourself. Mastery is heavily devalued in 25 man, with the amount of absorb mechanics, as well as the general lack of tools to hit people with this tier.

Talents:
    15 - Stone Bulwark Totem - I have Nature's Guardian specced now because I need to use Earthbind to slow turtles on Tortos, but Stone Bulwark seems to be superior to Astral Shift for most fights this tier. If you have issues surviving big raid damage hits, obviously switch to Astral Shift for those fights.
    30 - Really doesn't at all matter unless you need one option or the other for utility.
    45 - Totemic Projection - With the amount of spreading and moving, I find that you need this talent more than ever this tier, especially for placing SLT.
    60 - Ancestral Swiftness - Required to make the 3764 haste breakpoint work without having to pull a lot more stats out of Crit and Mastery. I also find the instant cast to be something that is a life saver on heroic encounters (or even to place a Healing Rain during Ascendance).
    75 - Healing Tide Totem - Pretty much a straight up no brainer. Even with the buffs, the other 2 talents are not viable for Resto, and this talent is 10-25% of your total output.
    90 - Unleashed Fury - Primal Elementals are pretty buggy this tier (buff beams coming off constantly on some fights, so much movement that they despawn if you don't remember to move the totem, etc), and they benefit AoE healing the most (and the mechanics mean our AOE healing kind of sucks this tier). I prefer Unleashed Fury as a default talent because it is less frustrating, but switch the two quite a bit.
    I was reading that because of latency, the ticks might not be added if your right on the 3764 mark. So being at 3900 haste wouldn't be a bad thing cause it fixed
    that.

I've done 12/12 on normal atleast and with all the spread healing, it hurts resto alot especially in 25s. My advice would be to try and get your teir set bonuses ASAP. They do help a little but its still not enough to fully bridge that gap. It only helps.

The build I always ran was max spirit and crit, haste at about 1050 (couldnt reforge anymore then that off) and at about 52% mastery. I had AS/PE as my talent choices. With the mana reduction on HR as well you can almost drop it on CD (with unleash elements of course) and still maintain decent mana.

15+ Year Old Account
    You simply will not keep up on the meters. It just ain't gonna happen.

Your strength is in your raid cooldowns. Use them efficiently.

If the raid lives, you're making progress, and people are calling you out for "meter performance," simply direct them to this article: http://manaflask.com/en/article/2318...er-evaluations

Luumis is a member of Exodus, currently competing for World Firsts.

highlight the following:
    Luumis’ Healing Manifesto

Consider the following a guideline on how to to successfully heal in a raid. This is a summation of my experience as a healer since the Vanilla WoW days.

1. Do whatever you can to keep your raid alive.
    2. You heal as a team.
    3. Be vocal.
    4. Understand what is going on with each encounter.
    5. Healers carry raids, so play like it.
    6. Be efficient with mana and activity.
    7. I don’t care about your hps, don’t let your raiders die.

I could go into more details such as how HPS meters don’t matter but adhering to those 6 rules will give you better perspective and performance in raids. I’ll probably further elaborate since this is a work in progress. I mean come on, manifestos usually are pretty detailed and long.
    Shaman are amazing at not letting raiders die. We get the least glory, but the most "carry potential" with strong play.

IDK why I've got such a hard-on for Luumis this days, but he seems to be favoring mastery. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Luumis/simple

60%? Damn.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-03-15 at 04:56 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Makes sense to me. Pushing for world 1sts in gear probably 20 ilvls below what the content is designed for is going to equal a lot of almost dead people throughout most of the fight. I'm sure his idea is let the other healers pump out huge hps to everyone with their smart heals and I'll balance it out/save people's lives with big twitch heals. Taking it out a little further, I do the same on a lesser scale and honestly feel like the class has been turned into a big spirit link totem that is best used to even people out so the big hps guys can bring everyone up evenly.
    Last edited by Dunkman; 2013-03-15 at 06:04 PM.

Keep in mind that he has also been benched and they haven't used Resto Shaman at all on 3 of their kills, so this doesn't at all speak well to the viability of the spec on a lot of fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that he has also been benched and they haven't used Resto Shaman at all on 3 of their kills, so this doesn't at all speak well to the viability of the spec on a lot of fights.
    Really? That's quite shocking. World First-level progression never has any sort of class stacking.

Taking it out a little further, I do the same on a lesser scale and honestly feel like the class has been turned into a big spirit link totem that is best used to even people out so the big hps guys can bring everyone up evenly.
    That's a good way to put it. Mastery is put to full use, you exist as the clutch life-saver (in both twitch heals and raid cooldowns), and let the big guns do the grunt work. It doesn't look pretty from a data standpoint, but as the article says, you don't let raiders die.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Really? That's quite shocking. World First-level progression never has any sort of class stacking.
    Remember firelands?

I am a 25 men hc raider we are 1/13 HC and the state of resto shamans in this tier reminds me of Ulduar and Firelands all over again.

I feel close to useless in most fights. Just useful in Iron Qoon and Durumu for SLT and HTT, most likely nothing else cos during most of the fights raid is scattered all over the place.

This reset i have tried out the 7613 haste breakpoint for that tick in healing rain and it worked good for certain fights, and ofc to spot heal when someone is about to die, cos it is certain now while progressing that if a raider stays in some shit on the floor he/she drops in hp dramatically.

Hope we will get better next patch -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daehin View Post
    Hope we will get better next patch -.-
    If history repeats itself, it'll be like going from Ulduar into TotC and like going from Firelands into DS. People will moan about boring encounter design, but Healing Rain and SLT on a huddled-up raid will make us seem extremely viable and at least competitive while still not the best in our niche.

Know your fights! Luumis' healer evaluation on manaflask is pretty spot on

This tier it's all about abusing your spiritwalker's grace and CD's at the right time.

AS vs EM is situational but I have been going with EM and primal elementalist for use during burst phases which is where we can shine.

Some quick tips:
    1. Jin'rohk - the raid should be stacked for when the puddle is on the ground and for his lightning storm. Abuse healing rain in the puddle as it increases healing taken when people are standing in it. Cds during storm. Remember to max your ascendance, Unleash life + rain before you pop it. Bonus points if you have HST down as well.

2. Horridon - this one sucks. I've been keeping rain on the tank with the adds since the melee tend to be around them the most and you can usually get a good chunk of people with this. HST down on cd, spot healing with riptide and chain heals. HTT early and often. You can get it down on 1st and 3rd wave of adds. Spirit link on poison clouds on melee and I personally prefer to run with totemic projection for quick moving of SLT to hit multiple groups.

3. Council - Rain on active boss since the melee chill there. HST on cd. riptides rolling on tanks, spirit links on sandstorm when all the adds pop.

4. Tortos - HTT & spirit link work well on his quake stomp. Drop HTT 1sec before this hits to top people off and get great healing returns. Spirit link on tank with bats and melee or right before a quake. Rain on melee/add tank and then chain heal/healing wave spot heals. Ascendance + EM + ele channel are great for after a quake when HTT on cd. Pop Spiritwalkers here to avoid rockfalls/turtles and max your heals.

5. Meg - your big heals will be after the acid rain - have rain on melee before this explodes - and the rampages. Spirit link will be your top mitigation/heal here. Due to timing, having HTT on 1st rampage will allow you to have it up again for 7th head for a last minute heal cd when people are running low on mana. Spirit link 2, ascendance 3rd. Rinse & repeat.

6. Ji-Kun - if you're flying, deal with your group first. Quills is again your big saving point. Rain on melee, HTT is better because of the spread. Spirit link be ready to move it around during quills. Tank healing here is easier since everyone is all over the place. make sure HST is down before you ascendance, try and have a rain on melee as well so you can benefit from some of the extra procs.

7. Durumu - Depending on if you are in a beam or not, i tend to just CH spam that phase. I'll use HTT if groups are getting too low. As the maze phase starts - spirit link the group to make sure people dont get clipped at the beginning. I'll use spiritwalkers to drop a rain in front of the kite path then ascendance + earth ele channel to heal the group up during the run. Another one where we are good tank heals.

8. Primordius - This one is actually awesome. If your tanks are kiting in a circle, i actually prefer to trail along the outer edge of melee. This way I can get my 5 buffs quick and just trail behind without getting any "bad" debuffs and most of the other heals sit central and have to dodge each other for Acidic Spines. I drop rain in front of the tanks kite path and keep that down constantly with my HST. Abuse your cd's when you are mutated - you can get 2 HTTs off if you time things well. Spirit link before a caustic gas - use projection to move the totem to melee.

9. Dark animus - HTT a couple seconds after start to keep your group topped. I've been running dispel duty on this so most of my heals are just from smart totem usage and keeping my tank/side alive. To be lazy i'll put a rain on 3 on one side and chain heal a second group of 3 until we get the adds a bit lower and everyone groups on the bigger constructs. Rain will then shine as well as riptide +healing wave/surge to top the people with dark matter and the tanks.

10. Iron Qon - this is all about CD usage. Use HTT early on the first guy - I will try and use it before the 3rd group gets their 3 stacks. Spirit link melee group when they are taking stacks. After 1st tornado phase ascendance + ele channel, after 2nd - HTT. Then its just using CDs as they become available and keeping rain down during the last 2 guys when everyone stacks back up.

11.Twins - use your cd's early and often. HTT/HST are great as smart heals. Watch for the Ice Comet and put a rain down there before the tanks/melee arrive.

12. Lei Shen - Save cd's for quadrent phases. A static shock/blue puddles/static shock sucks but a HTT can keep your corner up.

~Elektrical - US-Skullcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by vuur View Post
    8. Primordius - This one is actually awesome. If your tanks are kiting in a circle, i actually prefer to trail along the outer edge of melee. This way I can get my 5 buffs quick and just trail behind without getting any "bad" debuffs and most of the other heals sit central and have to dodge each other for Acidic Spines. I drop rain in front of the tanks kite path and keep that down constantly with my HST. Abuse your cd's when you are mutated - you can get 2 HTTs off if you time things well. Spirit link before a caustic gas - use projection to move the totem to melee.
    Taking buffs quickly on Primordius as a healer is completely idiotic. The fight is not remotely healing intensive, and if you are touching buffs before your DPS is mutated, you are hurting your raid. Even if you don't get any of the buffs as a healer, it really doesn't matter.

Taking buffs quickly on Primordius as a healer is completely idiotic. The fight is not remotely healing intensive, and if you are touching buffs before your DPS is mutated, you are hurting your raid. Even if you don't get any of the buffs as a healer, it really doesn't matter.
    I agree but there's usually extras floating around after everyone has mutated so you may as well benefit from free stat increases.

25 man spec: Holy Pally.

Even using our cooldowns correctly we fall behind. Just check logs and you will see all the shamans no where in the top healing meters.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...00000000111111

reality crits you ....

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may have a hard on for Luumis, I certainly don't and although he is right in a way that healers shouldn't let people die, about 90% of the community (random number pulled out of my ass, just say majority), don't give a damn. If you're bad on meters and somebody on the bench is better, that's it, you're out, replaced. Get better, scrub.

And you can be sarcastic with class stacking, but that is true for any guild who is at least serious. And I'm sorry, but I don't wanna be in scrap bottom builds. No offense to them, but I'm tired with that.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

I've gotten a couple of requests to add onto this thread as apparently the tips section is popular.

With that said, here's my thoughts on healing all of these fights a few weeks later with slightly improved gear and some heroic comments added in.

1. Jin Rohk - Heroic mode adds some flying electric balls of badness and depending on your strat - you will be spending a lot of time running/casting on the move. If you are dispelling ionization - Run with stone bulwark and drop that before you dispel yourself. Either do a light heal on yourself (riptide or healing wave) in case the shock from the boss is coming out but get back in that puddle and stand in your rain. For lightning phase we usually designated an initial loose stack point which was great for spirit link to even everyone's health out - and then a light spread and run to the next puddle location. this is a great time for spiritwalkers grace. For best visibility on the orbs - point your camera straight down. It's much easier to see and dodge. Save bulwark here as you will need it for your ionization - use a healthstone and anything else you can do to get yourself up. If you are running primal ele - great time to channel your earth elemental. If you know where your raid is heading to (hopefully your tanks have a set order of which puddle will be down next) get a rain in the general area for people to stand in for free heals. I run AS on this fight for the instant rains because of the volume of movement.

2. Horridon - heroic mode - Dire call is the big thing to watch out for - about once a minute (can be delayed due to other abilities such as when he is charging the door - this is usually on 4th door). I tend to spirit link the first one as there are sand traps and dots to be dispelling and this can save the melee especially if another application of the dots go out immediately after dire call. 2nd dire call I tend to ignore as we are usually transitioning to poison door and just spot heal people up. 3rd direcall is during poison waves which move much faster. This is usually HTT and/or ascendance depending on how many people are standing in green or if we have dots out on everyone. If no dots, i will usually save ascendance+spiritwalkers for the next transition. Ice door I tend to stick closer to the add tank but not too close that a badly placed ice orb will kill me. On the dire call here as we are transitioning to the next door I use spirit link as there's plenty of debuffs up and the group is relatively stacked. On lightning door this is all about your positioning. KNOW where those war bears drop and do NOT be standing there! You can easily pull healing aggro and get smashed before a tank can pick them up. I will healing tide one of the 2 dire calls in this section. There is usually a call that is delayed by him smashing into the door so from a timing perspective - watch his cast bar and see what he is up to. You can see the dire call cast. For the end when the War god is up we had the melee use cd's on the war god's calls and healing cd's on every dire call. Spirit link is awesome while the god is up as you can usually have it up for a dire call and the war god's shout. When your dire beast decides to come give you a hug, I stick a searing totem on him and just shock on CD. Earth elemental doesn't seem to care about the beast but Fire tends to run off after him and keep him pinned. I found it was easier to use my fire ele early so I could keep his buff relevant as searing + shocks was usually more than sufficient to keep him away. Don't be afraid to move a few steps if you have to so he doesn't get you.

3. Council - Not too much to add on this one (working on this heroic in the next week so I can come back and add later) but as groups have been working on killing Sul quickly, the amount of damage taken has significantly decreased. Rain down on the melee group - either on sul or the empowered one and then just spot healing around it.
    ll
    4. Tortos Heroic -very much the same as regular from a cooldown perspective. I run with grid so I added 2 trackers for the Crystal Shell and Crystal Shell: Full Capacity! This lets me know who I need to top off fast so they can get their buffs. Big thing to note is that you really want to ensure people are as close to full as possible before they get Crystal shell as this prevents rockfall/loose bats etc right after a quake from killing them because their health was too low after the shell dropped off. On our kill we had our raid leader call out 10 seconds before quake so everyone knew to make sure they had the buff if it had fallen off. Some classes can get by without a buff if they get caught without it - mages/locks tended to just soak it in our group. Bulwark+crystal shell means you won't lose your shell debuff after a Quake. I made a macro to get the buff: /tar humming /cast flame shock and would just use this whenever i was full health.

5. Meg Heroic - similar to normal but everything hits harder. We actually divided our heals to cover right or left sides. This means you get one tank (I constantly swapped ES to whichever one was on my side) and actually went with Astral shift here for making sure I could run the ice lines over top of an existing ice line. This helped us keep the free space in the room and AShift+ghostwolf means you get through it pretty quick. CD's on each rampage as assigned and make sure the tank gets topped after a rampage quickly as they take a lot of consistent damage here. People with debuffs need heals so most of the fight is healing 1. tank 2. people with debuffs and minor spot healing. Rampages hit extra hard so make sure you are being smart and lining up all your cd's for maxxing the healing on rampages

6. Ji Kun heroic - just about everyone flies here so you will most likely be on a group on a platform somewhere when a Quills hits. Use your spirit link on your group and healing surge through it. There's not a lot of healing while flying so you can be daring and mana expensive in some places. Know when you are back on the main platform for best CD usage. Very similar to normal but as with most heroics - things hit much harder.

7. Durumu - Still on normal for this guy so the same tips as the original post stand. Be smart with totems and totem usage. Beam phase and maze phase are the 2 big things to worry about and your cd's will be up every time.

8. Iron Qon - same as above - will get edited with heroic info in a week or so. If you have warlock portals and are not certain about your tornado dodging capabilities, use them to get your rains down quick. As people tend to run through this as a group - if you are good at dodging! - spiritwalkers and some chain healing can get you through in a pinch until you are back in the free space.

9. Twins - same notes as above but I would also reference the lifeingroup5 blog post about why resto shaman are great about running the constellations.

10. Lei Shen - the more kills we have gotten on this the less damage people take. This is really about strat and execution. I have moved away from using HTT on my corner and have been saving it for the bouncing balls phase as there is more raid damage at that point to deal with. I will spirtwalkers+ ascendance a transition from corner to corner as the tanks are moving the boss around - this is usually just as I see incoming damage rather than at a pre-determined time.

Hopefully that helps. Most of our kills are up on youtube and can be found by search Reckless Resto Shaman.

As a note our healing core is a pally, a druid, a disc, a holy priest and myself.

~Elektrical - US-Skullcrusher

Deleted
    as a fellow shami who has just contrasted myself from 10 man to 25man (i raid heroic aswell) i would suggest haste. mastery is good but only for certain fights like megeara/iron qon/council as due to the number of healers u have people being low enough for a long enough duration is not likely in 25man. crit isnt as good in 25man in fact its no were near as good and i knw this because i stacked crit in 10man and basically geared myself to 520ilvl with a crit focus and honestly numbers was shocking in 10man crit is used as a subsequent for high amounts of spirit but spr is better in 25man. the thing i found is that u need haste to get spells out at a rate in which you can make them count with my crit build i found that i could really only do healing when there was aoe dmg as my spot healing was 2 slow to make up for anything and aoe healing with crit will also mean less healing.