Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Might be a stupid question now but.. Why wouldn't a Titan be a good choice for me since I only use 1 monitor? As far as I understand, the Titan / 690 seems equal, while it seems that the Titan should be better in time with proper drivers and not just beta drivers. That being said, the titan should be able to run all new games the upcoming year and ahead, right? - All I want is to be able to run them on 1920x1200 on max / ultra spec with all eye candy on. And no SLI / CF for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    titan is about 10% behind the 690, it's not going to get better than that with time, it's physically short on cores

a 690 doesn't really count as SLI because it has active internal bridging

both will run all games at 1920, between the two the titan has the most potential, but the 690 has actual performance

10+ Year Old Account
    At your resolution a Titan is wasted money you're better off getting a 7970 and with the left over monye a new seris 8xxx card something like a 8970 later on I'd say.

Titan will run everything for sure, it might seem like a waste for 1920*1200 now, but in 6 months time you might have gotten a higher res monitor etc. You never know what the future brings so no point in planning too much for it. Especially when it comes to graphic cards. Just get what you want tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    You should treat yourself if you can, don't listen to people that are most likely jealous they aren't in your economical situation telling you this and this is better value for money. Yes! We know that, but we don't care. I'd say, if you want something really luxurious and powerful, get a Titan.
    A Titan is a waste of money, no matter what. It's performance/price is the lowest in the list of all card combination.

If you want to blow your money on something more powerful 660Ti/670/680 sli or a 690.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRloMkcVeus

550 $ for 2 cards that performs better, pathetic.

Also http://www.legionhardware.com/articl...x_titan,4.html
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-03-15 at 09:54 PM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Titan is a waste of money imo. $1,000 for a video card that you're not using for CAD, intense graphics programs ect? Waste. Be better off with a different, cheaper card. Hell, 2 660 Ti's in SLI is still cheaper than a Titan and will cost prolly $600 for both cards and out perform the Titan.

Now, yes, it will "outperform" Titan in terms of FPS. What the more enlightened computer geeks know is: Frame latency, mark those words, are crucial to your actual gaming experience. If a GPU produces high fps (like 7970, I own one and I don't use it due to this) it will seemingly be better than a card that produces 10% less fps. If both fps'es are playable (40+avg over 30min) then what will determine the quality of your gaming experience is the frame latency. If you look behind the numbers, you will notice that the GTX Titan has the lowest frame latencies of all cards, that makes it defacto the best graphics card you can own. It has playable framerates in a single card setup and the best frame latencies.

In my opinion that is well worth 7000NOK or 900euros/1000dollars. I want the best experience and price doesn't really concern me. I could buy a second GTX680 and have the best dual card setup available and completely destroy the Titans fps, but it will have significantly higher frame latency than my single GTX680 thus being a huge turn-off for me. Let's not forget that the Titan performance we see now is on beta drivers more or less. Expect the difference between 660ti and Titan to be gone within 2-3 months, heck by August the Titan might even beat a 690. It hasn't even started receiving tweaks. We don't know yet how good it will be, all we know is it will get much better with time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it isn't, notice the link i posted. Exactly the same frame latence as the 660 sli. Yes, the titan will get slighty better in the future, but that is still 1000 $ your paying for something that will get beaten by the time 8970/780 is out - for much less.
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-03-15 at 11:59 PM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    How will it get much better with time ?Its limited by the number of cores which obviously wont grow, and software wise there's just so much you can do, I doubt the performance will go up by much and soon enough the new gen cards will come out and probably make the gap in power bigger on dual card setups like the 660 sli vs the titan.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I want to know is how come AMD doesn't have a proper 7990 and I know there is 1-2 out there but how come I don't ever see any benchmarks for it.

anything above a 660ti or a 7850 is overkill for a single monitor set up right now, and for the foreseeable future. now when you get into triple monitor setups, or stereoscopic 3d that's a different story. still even then two 660ti's in SLI or two 7850's in crossfire would still be more than enough and cost half as much as a titan or gtx 690.

10+ Year Old Account
    im no expert but ive had no problems running everything ive thrown at my 7970s in crossfire

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WHYYYY do you have a 1200 watt PSU?

I almost want to tell you to do the most wattage-heavy solution possible just to make that PSU semi-reasonable... but even 3x Titans wouldn't really max it. =/

Imo, if I had the money for a Titan right now, I'd get it.

GK110 ftw! GK110 GOD RACE.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    WHYYYY do you have a 1200 watt PSU?

I almost want to tell you to do the most wattage-heavy solution possible just to make that PSU semi-reasonable... but even 3x Titans wouldn't really max it. =/

Imo, if I had the money for a Titan right now, I'd get it.

GK110 ftw! GK110 GOD RACE.
    there is nothing wrong really with going overkill on the PSU wattage as long as your budget can handle it. as long as it's a quality psu all that means is that it's one less thing that you will have to upgrade down the line. as good psu's can last for years.... i should say good modular psu's can last for years.

Never pick ATi

Nvidia Titan if you can afford the cooling, the power supply and a possible upgrade to your cpu.

Nvidia 680(to 660Ti) if you want a cheaper upgrade.

Deleted
    Get a 7970, save the money now and upgrade later. When the next gen comes you can get a new card that will outperform the titan.

Would give it a much longer life than just buying a titan.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Never pick ATi

Nvidia Titan if you can afford the cooling, the power supply and a possible upgrade to your cpu.

Nvidia 680(to 660Ti) if you want a cheaper upgrade.
    Bias are we. You can't pick ATI anyways since they haven't been around in years I can't remember the last time I seen an ATI. ATM the only thing Nvidia has over AMD is the Titan the 7970ghz is better then the 670/780 and the 7870 is better then the 660ti. AMD drivers have been stable for awhile now any really the only problems I have seen lately as far as driver issues go is in the green camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Bias are we. You can't pick ATI anyways since they haven't been around in years I can't remember the last time I seen an ATI. ATM the only thing Nvidia has over AMD is the Titan the 7970ghz is better then the 670/780 and the 7870 is better then the 660ti. AMD drivers have been stable for awhile now any really the only problems I have seen lately as far as driver issues go is in the green camp.
    mostly right, there are still a few differences, SLI is much better than Crossfire, but whats annoying is that CrossfirePro is better than SLI, by a huge margin, but AMD reserves that only for the workstation cards

Nvidia has SLI profiles down, and even when a game does not have an SLI profile, you would never know it because it runs fine anyway, AMD still has yet to get this nailed down in their drivers, as well the CCC seems a bit more intrusive than nvidia's, CCC opens up like a software suite while NCP opens like any settings window

but even looking at cards, if you are not on the market for a $1000 GPU, and you don't plan on using multiple cards, get a radeon, for single card performance they really are better and better for the price, but i would avoid crossfire like the plague

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    my 1200w PSU I got "free" from my dealer since my old 800w died suddenly.
    The main reason why I don't wanna go SLI / CF is because of 2 things:

1) The NOISE of 2 GFX cards during load will be extremely loud?
    2) The power consumption will be twice as high as if I were only using 1 gfx card, doh Higher electric bill :/

3) Never tried it before so.. heh.
    If you're worried about the cost SLI/CF in your electric bill, then paying $1000 for a gpu is baffling. I think it's more about you just wanting the best for the sake of having the best. It is a questionable decision. It's price/performance is extremely low, and what are you going to do in a year when something better comes out?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

680 Classified
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages..._review,1.html

Beast!

But my vote goes to 690 Signature
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages..._review,1.html

If you have the cash for it and don't care about power consumption 690 Signature beats everything, even Titan.. yes yes its a dual gpu I know but still does not count as SLI.
    Last edited by Guruftw; 2013-03-16 at 03:48 PM.
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz