Thread: Rate my mage

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    No one taking a look at my mage ?

I have logs if needed.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'll post my mage as well just for fun, bit torn about my reforges tho
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Bossun/simple

Hey all-
    Been a little while sinse i posted in one of these rate/help ym mage threads, but i could do with a few pointers.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Agzarah/simple
    This is my mage at current (which im pretty happy with) but its more about the gear i dont have equiped that im stumped over.
    In my bags i have a few various items and playing around with AMR i cant for the life of me work out which combination of them all is best.

Bagged goodies -
    Feet
    Back
    Legs
    Trinket
    Hands (i504 8/8)

One of the major things confusing me my leg options/the Set bonuses linked to them.
    Does AMR take tier bonus into consideration? i ask this because wether i use Absolute or Relative AMR is saying the offset lfr legs are better than the Tier ones... Ignoring Set bonus and going stat for stat i can see why, but surely the weaker legs with +7% pyro dmg outweighs a few stats here and there?
    Last edited by Agzarah; 2013-03-21 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    -snip-
    If you're itemising properly on your gear, you shouldn't be reforging to crit, AT ALL. I don't think people quite get this. In an ideal world you will have crit on all the pieces of your gear because that's the way to get the most crit. Sure it doesn't always happen but hey, you yourself are claiming to itemise properly. If you itemise correctly you should have Crit/Hit on most items and then Crit/Haste on the others (ofc this doesn't always happen - I'm just using them as examples to make my point) so you shouldn't be reforging much into crit, you should be relying on the base values from gear which will ALWAYS be higher than reforged values, and as a result you reforging out of Hit will rarely result in reforging into crit and that's why I'm making the point.

Also you should be taking into account crit suppression. I don't think it changes the Maths but it does affect the numbers. Just a pointer, not saying you're wrong or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    -snip- the only real damage that can be done there is missing pyro crits during the combustion build-up. -snip-
    Or, missing the Combust itself. Combustion may not form a large portion of our overall damage (I think mine usually averages at around 12%), but without it we aren't very competitive.
    I understand the point that you and others have raised on this thread, and I can understand why you're making those arguments, I just don't agree with them personally. That's all. Based on my experience it's not worth the risk, but hey you feel differently.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2013-03-21 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agzarah View Post
    Hey all-
    Been a little while sinse i posted in one of these rate/help ym mage threads, but i could do with a few pointers.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Agzarah/simple
    This is my mage at current (which im pretty happy with) but its more about the gear i dont have equiped that im stumped over.
    In my bags i have a few various items and playing around with AMR i cant for the life of me work out which combination of them all is best.

Bagged goodies -
    Feet
    Back
    Legs
    Trinket
    Hands (i504 8/8)

One of the major things confusing me my leg options/the Set bonuses linked to them.
    Does AMR take tier bonus into consideration? i ask this because wether i use Absolute or Relative AMR is saying the offset lfr legs are better than the Tier ones... Ignoring Set bonus and going stat for stat i can see why, but surely the weaker legs with +7% pyro dmg outweighs a few stats here and there?
    I am doing all of this in relative comparison, as I only use absolute if I'm looking to ignore or do not have a set bonus to worry about.

AMR is ranking the unbidden boots higher because I think it is more crit taking into account the gem and socket bonus add up to more crit overall, even if it is not more crit on the individual piece. The crit you can get from reforging mastery, the gem, and the freeing up the need to forge as much hit on another piece means more crit. For fire, you will lose some int (if you do a 320 crit gem) but crit is valued more.

The cloak is easy. The crit on your current cloak outweighs the shimmershell.

The dreadwoven are not better than your tier legs in a relative comparison, which is where AMR makes use of assessing tier bonuses. Maybe in an absolute comparison, the gems on the LFR legs will push it above the tier, but you shouldn't mix the two. Stick with relative, imho, and don't try to mix in absolute picks with relative, as you will through the latter off.

The gloves, even upgrades, don't rank better than the hydra gloves. Maybe, if you were not fire and had another tier piece to couple with the gloves for an overall 4 piece, then the gloves would certainly rank higher.

Finally, the essence of terror ranks lower than the relic simply because on a point per point basis the stats add up to more equivalent int on the relic than the haste and int proc do on the EoT. If you had the normal EoT, then it would be slightly better. You have to remember, EoT has a long ICD, and RoY has a shorter one, so its average int is higher.

Final assessment, replace the boots, gem the unbidden with a 320 crit gem, and reforge mastery to crit.

______________________________________________________________________________________

For my own assessment, I'm really just concerned AMR took me out of 4 piece tier 14 kind of early. I still have the 2 piece bonus, but I have gotten some 522 upgrades, and could use some clarity on whether to climb back into 4 pc or keep true to AMR. I know the raw stat values are better, but I am not sure how efficacious AMR is with valuing our set bonus.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Raves/advanced

I'm about to swap RoY with 1/2 LotC as well, and pick up the valor bracers today or tomorrow.

Here's my mage.

us.bat tle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Meowmers/advanced (space in battle included due to link prohibition for noobs)

I've been having some issues getting quality ignites (70-80k+) especially on pull. I think my issue might be that when i'm rolling through the Hot Streak + PoM + AT rotation for 4+ instant pyros, i'm doing it too slowly. I tried using the /pom /AT /pyro! macro, but either i have a latency issue (which i don't think is the problem) or something is wrong with my macro because I start hardcasting Pyro! more often than not.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Is there a re-tooled macro that i can use, or should i just jump while spamming the macro?

I though we were past the "youmustbeathitcap" mentality in Cataclysm.

Bingo! Would you rather guarantee you never miss a spell (particularly one as important as combustion), or that extra 12 crit/haste/mastery rating?