Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Arrow Why do people think a third faction is viable?

Blizzard have enough much trouble balancing two factions. Even now we end up with copy pasted dialog, completely mirrored quests and neutral races to save development time.

So why do players think blizz are going to make an entire third faction, with it's own land and races and buttload of quests? With the clusterfuck it would be for pvp? Its like everything they did wrong with cata all over again.

Surely im not the only one who thinks a third faction is a ridiculous idea?

I don't even know how they'd balance Battlegrounds with 3 factions. And it'd just make queue longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    I don't even know how they'd balance Battlegrounds with 3 factions. And it'd just make queue longer.
    This is correct. BGs and Arenas are set up for two factions. BGs either have to be a 3-way, or you have to put X against Alliance OR Horde one at a time and redesign the BGs. Also, the queues would DOUBLE for everyone but the 3rd faction since most people would want to try it out. DPS would go from 30 mins to an hour +. Not that I care either way since I only ever tank, but I am sure it would bend some noses.

Also, there is the whole writing in rep with all 72 factions to allow for a 3rd faction, giving them major hub cities, writing the code to outlaw them in Ally and Horde cities, and adding them to neutral quest hubs. Adding a 3rd faction is a HUGE undertaking and would require TONS of resources that are better spent fixing and balancing the two factions we have now, and bringing us new content. I would not oppose it, but they would have to FIX / UPDATE all existing content first to keep from ticking off the majority of players who want their main factions balanced already.

It is Orcs vs Humans. Horde vs Alliance. It is just that way. There is no need for a 3rd or 4th faction in that way. Would also mean even a smaller pool of players to recruit from. GG

People who suggest this.... I shiver how they can even remember to breathe...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want 3 factions/2 front war, go play Star Craft (2).. I hear, it have a minor PvP element too...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Blizzard have enough much trouble balancing two factions. Even now we end up with copy pasted dialog, completely mirrored quests and neutral races to save development time.

So why do players think blizz are going to make an entire third faction, with it's own land and races and buttload of quests? With the clusterfuck it would be for pvp? Its like everything they did wrong with cata all over again.

OK. Imo, it is not possible to create 3rd faction now, in this time of WoW. But it is possible if Blizz makes next expansions about far future when situation has changed a lot! And I dont think it will make any significant changes in game. In old BG-s nothing will change, they are 2 faction bg-s and Blizz for sure will leave them like that. (it will be Horde Vs Alliance, Alliance Vs 3rd faction, etc.) Blizz for sure will add new 3 faction BG-s that will take slightly more to enter. In PVE, dungeons nothing will happen, because it is based only on single faction and doesn't depends how many factions are in game. Fewer dps is more demanded it becomes and queue is shorter, am i wrong?

Though it will be hard to make reputation issue work properly. 3rd faction wont have to farm reputation like: Alliance Vanguard, The Hand of Vengeance, Warsong offensive, Etc. They will just have to farm ones who are Neutrals to all factions. It will be problem though for achievements. Or they might add 3rd faction reputation to all expansions that will take lot of time and afford so its less likely to expect.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Since when has there ever been an issue with balancing factions? Are you referring to racials or quest zones/areas?

A third faction would certainly add new flavor to the game. It would, of course, require a new leveling experience, but it would also reintroduce the original excitement from back in vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a third faction! Think of the new types of battlegrounds we would see.... ooohhhh It would be cool to have a third faction at war with both the Horde and Alliance.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy?

I wouldn't mind a third faction, I just don't think its inception would go well this late into the game.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What if the third faction was a neutral faction that couldn't pvp at all?

you seem to also forget this is a pve game first with pvp added for those that like it.

Deleted
    A third faction would be impossible to implement now.

The game is old redesigning classic in Cata was too big to finish and yet the whole 1-90 levelling path would need to be changed to include a third faction if one was ever implemented.

You also have population to consider. Who would play the new faction? Wow lacks new players with so many expansions. Guilds and friendships are already established on existing factions.
    Then there's the BG issues others have mentioned of existing ones built around 2 factions.

Maybe they could do it for a WoW 2 but right now? No chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    What if the third faction was a neutral faction that couldn't pvp at all?

you seem to also forget this is a pve game first with pvp added for those that like it.
    Blizz would never offer an option that did not allow RP / PvP / PvE (any or all). They would be crucified by their fanbase for make a "useless" faction.

A 3-faction BG would be hilarious to watch. As both Alliance and Horde temporarily team up to curb stomp the new faction before fighting each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be very tiring to bring new faction in WoW only in one expansion. They should introduce 6 other races in WoW write their unity lore! Then focus of expansion itself write new raids, lands etc. It takes 2 years and sometimes more for normal expansion to be ready and This expansion will take LOOOT of time. Blizz also must change wh Leveling system.
    Or another more simple but disappointing way to introduce 3rd faction is to divide classes from both factions and give them to 3rd faction.

A third faction IS possible, however improbable. I personally would like to see a faction form out of some of the more cool-headed races, but I doubt it will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had my theory about next expansion of wow of next version of Wow called WoW 2 but people just focused on the single word "wow 2" and most of them criticized my thread only for this word. Imo, no one realy read the "story"

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ht=wow+outline

IMO there should be one faction, removes the balancing problems, besides half of the realms are already living this way anyway. You already fight same faction in arenas and I see no reason it won't work in BGs. Not being able to kill your own faction jerks is also annoying. Horde and alliance help each other recently.
    Blizz could just as well unite horde and alliance against some common enemy next expansion, implement GvG wars and solve that never ending problem with realm population balance. Loved playing on Magtheridon on LK launch, having 5 alliance vs 100 horde in a zone... and I was relatively safe playing as rogue, my other friends not so much.

If they made a 3rd faction that you chose to abandon horde or alliance for at max level, they wouldn't need new leveling content or additional playable races. Battlegrounds already need a solution to deal with bloat, so it could be time to eliminate some and turn others into 3 faction fights.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Works fine in other MMOs. Dark Age of Camelot, Elder Scrolls Online

nobody i know with any shred of common sense think this is feasible so dunno who those ppl are