Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soul leech...what were they thinking?

The other day i was a bit conflicted on the soul leech change as affliction.

Then i switched to destruction.

Try it out.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    im in love with the new soul leech. on tortos, i dont even need to dodge turtles cos my shield just soaks it

Deleted
    shhhh !
    The first rule about broken mechanics of your own class is that you never talk about them !

This talent seems fine to me, might need a little buff.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-03-15 at 03:43 PM.

It's getting to the point now where I can take 1-2 hits from a boss THEN dark bargain if I'm stuck with aggro for whatever reason. It's kinda comical actually.

It's rare when I'm not at soul leech cap at least once on a boss. I literally take no damage from Quake Stomp. Ever (counting Sac Pact).

I wish they'd put Soul Leech on a lower absorb priority than Sac Pact.

I don't know what you are talking about. It is a horrible talent and absolutely need buffing.

< <

> >

Deleted
    Yeah it should cap at twice your health, I don't like wasting Chaos bolts when I am already capped at 500kish.

This talent seems fine to me.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-03-15 at 03:43 PM.

umm.....maybe we should take this thread down now...
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2013-03-15 at 03:53 PM. Reason: nothing to see here, move along

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    umm.....maybe we should take this thread down now...
    They're reading this forum all the time. The Blood Horror change was a pretty obvious clue after everyone had suggested that change here for a few days and then it suddenly magically happens.

Chaosbolt Damage nerf inc to balance the soul leech scaling :P

I love it in the raid, everyone around me is dying and i am on full health wondering what they are doing.

My raid leader asked last night why I seem to take so little damage.

"ummm...skillful use of cool downs and raid awareness."

"mhmm"

Deleted
    I don't think it's too bad, even on fights with inflated Chaos Bolts my HPS is still behind hybrids, they didn't nerf DPS Shaman offhealing for example. it's too restrictive to ever work well in PvP either so I don't think we should worry too badly about it.

I like kittens.

Deleted
    It's a shitty talent. I swear only by Harvest Life. Way too OP, that's what I like. >_>

Soul Leech could stack twice as quickly, I'd still not take it. <_<

Really, Harvest Life with the Glyph is pretty awesome.

Look over there!

Not tested much in raiding yet, but in the daily quest environment, this is a nice way to make yourself and your pet invulnerable to well... almost everything.

I've inadvertently taken one of those random lightning bolts on the Isle of Thunder, didn't even break my shield.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Does harvest life work with the drain life glyph? It did not on the PTR when I tried it, only with drain life, but was a while ago and haven't looked at it again. Nice if they fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    Does harvest life work with the drain life glyph? It did not on the PTR when I tried it, only with drain life, but was a while ago and haven't looked at it again. Nice if they fixed it.
    I just assumed. I might not have noticed because of the 15 or so other ways I have to heal myself.

I just looked at that Pit Lord and said, "Deoinic Siphon? I am unimpressed. Look at this..."
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2013-03-15 at 04:09 PM.

It's not OP or gamebreaking or anything. Warlocks really lack a reliable defensive CD for a PvE environment. Yeah, Dark Bargain/Sac Pact, but one is a 3 min CD and one sacrifices health (either yours or your demons). UR is a garbage PvP CD that barely does anything. I would seriously have to waste embers tapping on Wind Lord to even stay alive while the rest of my raid hovered around 30-50%. With Soul Leech, at least we can preemptively prepare for high damage phases.

It is very nice on some fights, and some others might not be as good.