Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Be done with "Cool down Reset" spells.

I think its highly time classes have their cool down reset spells removed. Its very frustrating when fighting a Hunter to have them reset their CDs and come at you again.

Even Mages have a similar thing going on for them or not sure if they still have it.

But hunters are the worst offenders of this. Its not like they already have really shot CDs but they have Readiness which takes the cake.

I really cannot understand the existance of a cooldown which resets other cooldowns.
    Cooldownception.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're thinking of Cold Snap for mages (level 60 talent, resets cd of Cone of Cold, Ice Block, and Frost Nova).

And in regards to hunters, it's a 5-minute cooldown and doesn't even reset the biggest cooldown hunters have (Stampede). Just the talent abilities and Rapid Fire really. And traps.

Completely agree, and I say that as a hunter too. Readiness, Preparation and their ilk are terrible. They lead to horrible imbalances, and when it comes to class design and balance, they are completely revolved around the idea that they can reset all CDs so the classes overall balance is negatively affected by them.

At the very least, maybe keep them as defensive cooldown resets, not offensive.

(I also would like that as it would help get rid of my 7 billion button bloated opener in PvE)

From a PvE standpoint cooldown removing cooldowns are great!
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    Agree. These abilities can be found on three of the strongest classes in pvp. Coincidence? Hardly!

Retard-proof abilities like this doesnt belong in rated pvp. Make them 10min CD so that pve-heroes can use them atleast.

That would fix alot of imbalance in pvp right there and would make it go in the right direction for perfect balance.

Cooldowns resetting cooldowns encourages burst but it also encourages smart play. Maybe not so much for Mages, but I have definitely seen multiple Hunters have to blow readiness to deterrence a second time before they've even made proper use of their first set of cooldowns.

Personally I agree though, I'd rather all spells like Vanish/Ice Block/Deterrence incorporated the new system that Roll/Hand of Freedom use, where they store charges, and each charge has a separate cooldown, and they just got rid of cooldown resetting CDs altogether.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-03-14 at 05:32 AM.

I agree their on a CD for a reason in the first place ffs

Im going a little off topic here, but i thought i should this bring up that there needs to be less "bubbles" in this game... very annoying.

And yes cooldown removing cooldowns needs to be removed.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-03-15 at 04:31 AM.

i dislike cooldown resets, you end up with classes balanced around them ( see rogues and prep) and thats just a dumb place to be.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Removing cd resetting cds will make sure that the classes that have them will no longer have to work with a blatant crutch.

The abilities make it so that when the classes are balanced outside of them they're overpowered as fuck with them (see: rogues in 4.3, mages since 3 expansions and hunters since mop). When they're balanced with the cd resetting cd in mind, the class is obnoxiously bad and underpowered (see: s12 rogues despite it being a "choice").

By removing these abilities, Blizzard and the players will be able to more easily see the issues plaguing those classes. We'll be able to note that hunter hard cc is even more obnoxious than we thought and that the class is defensively one of the weakest in the game. We'd also make sure these 3 classes aren't able to make everyone blow their defensive cds in the openers and then have the ability to do it again while the targets can't do shit.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-03-14 at 06:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Cd reset CDs just mean some classes can chain huge damage for ridiculous amounts of time, while others can't. It's a ridiculous mechanic, and should be removed.

Deleted
    Soon we will have cooldowns to reset cooldowns to reset cooldowns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    You're thinking of Cold Snap for mages (level 60 talent, resets cd of Cone of Cold, Ice Block, and Frost Nova).

And in regards to hunters, it's a 5-minute cooldown and doesn't even reset the biggest cooldown hunters have (Stampede). Just the talent abilities and Rapid Fire really. And traps.
    It resets only non-dmg cooldowns, so your point is?
    Deterrence is pretty one-dimensional since cataclysm, wouldn't mind a rework for it.
    besides that
    Why do the classes which already have the highest amount of CC available an ability which grants them the ability to spam it even more?
    To be fair the only one of those 3 left is hunter, probably thats the point of having a 5 minute cd on it. As they already gained a baseline damagereduce on par with the hybrid caster forms, why should they still be able to keep that? Same for mages and rogues, to be fair rogues dont have the baseline -15% but, yeah, its rogue. the amount of stuns and escapeabilities justifies it.

And yes I know I play dk blabla, I hate blood presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzer View Post
    Soon we will have cooldowns to reset cooldowns to reset cooldowns.

http://i.imgur.com/nED9fqh.png

On a more serious note: I actually like readiness in pvp and pve. Adds something that you have to think about.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i quite agree its time to remove cool down's that reset cool down, it would tone down a fair bit of burst in pvp.
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Im going a little off topic here, but i thought i should bring up that there needs to be less "bubbles" in this game... very annoying.

And yes cooldown removing cooldowns needs to be removed.
    completely agree with the less "bubbles" in the game.

I think it would fix burst for a few classes if those cooldowns were removed.

the most stupidest thing about it imo is hunters reseting ALL THEYR CCs wich they already have a bijillion of i mean they have like twice the amount off cc of any other class already then giving them a chance to get twice of that again.

@Static Transit
    "You're thinking of Cold Snap for mages (level 60 talent, resets cd of Cone of Cold, Ice Block, and Frost Nova).

And in regards to hunters, it's a 5-minute cooldown and doesn't even reset the biggest cooldown hunters have (Stampede). Just the talent abilities and Rapid Fire really. And traps."

great logic right there: it only resets cooldown of abilities and talents
    "Just the talent abilities and Rapid Fire really. And traps."
    specially this part. in other words it resets all hunters cds, besides stempade?!
    It makes as much sense as saying: "I dint get anything out of 7 besides 1,2,3,4,5,6"

Wow, doesnt reset stampede, just everything else. Guess we should count ourselves lucky?