Mastery or Crit when soft-capped on Haste?

My monk is sitting at around 6100 haste unbuffed. I'm pretty comfortable with this amount of haste (would even be okay with a little less given that I do get energy capped during Lust) so I'm looking to start reforging into other stats. My question is this: everywhere I look is telling me to go into Mastery over Crit except SimCraft, which is telling me that in my current gear Crit is king.

http://i.imgur.com/k5ZL0VX.png is the plot for the 3 secondary stats I'm concerned with but I'm a bit confused as to how to read the plot. Is 0 "now" and any positive numbers are additions to the rating? Also, when I plug into AskMrRobot to get my reforges and set 14% haste as the softcap it still bumps me up to 25% - is that because the 25% is with raid buffs factored in?

Deleted
    Go back a page and look up WindWalker-confusion-WW-trainee-seeks-wise-WW-master

Intresting things happen when you use the search feature or go back a few pages and see if the question has been answered (several) times before...

Quote Originally Posted by Avengex View Post
    Go back a page and look up WindWalker-confusion-WW-trainee-seeks-wise-WW-master

Intresting things happen when you use the search feature or go back a few pages and see if the question has been answered (several) times before...

2nd time ive seen you give someone shit for this, dont post if you have nothing worth a shit to say

Quote Originally Posted by bustinarse View Post
    2nd time ive seen you give someone shit for this, dont post if you have nothing worth a shit to say
    He has a good point, so he does have something worth a shit to say. In fact, if you used the search feature you probably would have known that.

People get tired or repeating the exact same advice over and over and over again because other people don't want to take the time to find out whether or not the question has been answered already.

You cant deny that he posted you a title of the thread which is on 2 subforum page and from what it looks when i skimmed throu, it actually answered your question.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...wise-WW-master

If he wasn't as sweet as honey is entirely different thing, but on the other hand, to quote a movie ive seen: "do you only get tought democracy in your schools"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bustinarse View Post
    Read again what I wrote. I was referring to a thread one page back. And I never flame a thread just writing "USE SEARCH".
    I always try to answer the OP. I'm just tired people not even trying to find the answer.

Simc

I believe simcraft is favoring crit because it's using chi wave off CD more often, which some are saying is a dps increase stacking crit over mastery depending on the encounter. Personally I find more mastery favorable to have higher burst on those pesky add phases if you play your cards right and chaining TEB at 20 stacks.

Also as time goes on and we are generally in 522+ our secondary stats will increase making higher levels of mastery a big portion of our damage, with the right trinkets and itemization I could see us hitting 80% TEB "including procs ofc". which by then I forsee us receiving some adjustments to mastery. This is just speculation.

Overall from personal experience crit and mastery come pretty damn close and would suggest do whatever meets your playstyle. I have dumped 30k if not more reforging trying to find the perfect sweetspot and it's really not worth wasting time for unless you're a hardcore min/max enthusiast.

Hope this helps
    Mike
    Last edited by HitPoint; 2013-03-16 at 08:40 AM.

This post is based off of several simulations I ran shortly before the patch came out. Values may not actually reflect live due to adjustments made to the spec between then and now on PTR and various bug fixes.

Crit and mastery are neck and neck in normal gear right now. Personally, I'd go for mastery for its utility in burst phases.

If you add in T15 4-piece, mastery creeps ahead of crit by a bit.

If you use even an LFR version of Rune of Re-Origination, you'll want to organize your stats such that haste is around 5k, mastery is higher than that, and crit is as close to 1 point under mastery as possible. This yields the highest possible conversion to mastery when the trinket procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    This post is based off of several simulations I ran shortly before the patch came out. Values may not actually reflect live due to adjustments made to the spec between then and now on PTR and various bug fixes.

Crit and mastery are neck and neck in normal gear right now. Personally, I'd go for mastery for its utility in burst phases.

If you add in T15 4-piece, mastery creeps ahead of crit by a bit.

If you use even an LFR version of Rune of Re-Origination, you'll want to organize your stats such that haste is around 5k, mastery is higher than that, and crit is as close to 1 point under mastery as possible. This yields the highest possible conversion to mastery when the trinket procs.
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks. SimCraft told me to drop my unbuffed haste to around 3200 and stack crit in my current gear (I'm only 482 item level so I'm not even current content geared) so I'm going to try it out in a raid today. It feels like I'm doing more DPS, but short dungeon runs and dummy test are such small sample sizes that I can't be sure.