Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    My PS2 actually..never broke.

Neither did my PS3.

I had the original model of both and they never once broke.

I'm sorry Garian, but there's two flaws in your entire post:

1. It's your opinion.

2. You're making assumptions, especially with something personal to me.

If you want to discuss this logically instead of letting your malformed biased hate for Blizzard cloud your judgment, I'll do so.
    You are just as guilty at allowing your judgement to be clouded its just your bias is Pro Blizzard. It is his opinion as most things said on a forum are but with regard to Blizzard releasing sub standard content not entirely without merit.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Interesting. Got any numbers to back that up?
    Blizzard stated in an interview that they have been hiring new developers and artists for Wow but I'm sure you will accuse them of lying despite the fact they have nothing to gain by doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    ''this is the type of content players can expect year after year.”
    raid, do LFR, log out till reset. no dungeons, just dailies.
    If this is the content your are talking about...Not interested, Thanks you
    Last edited by Malkazam; 2013-03-16 at 02:07 AM.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    A monopoly implies other companies aren't able to develop their own mmos. Blizzard isn't responsible for the ineptitude of other companies.
    If a monopoly exists it dosent matter why it exists it is still bad for the consumer. Who said Blizzard are responsible for the competance of any other company?

Why do i always get suprised when i see people not realizing that making computer games is big buisiness. Ofcourse its about money, to a point. And ofcourse are they going to do everything in their power to get more money out of the ppl playing it. Not only so they can get salarys, buy expensive cars and whatnot but also to continue to make games which they love. I mean are people really so naive to think that just beacuse its a "game" they shouldnt milk every cent out of it? Get real!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    It is not an opinion that WoW has practically monopolized the MMO market and stagnated it as a whole due to the only true advancements being made by Blizzard itself. Any new ideas in other newer MMO's are quickly shot down because they can't fathom competing with WoW.
    The reason other mmos fail is because the people developing them have no fucking clue what they are doing and think making Wow clones is enough to be successful. I love how Blizzard is held to this impossible standard of revolutionizing mmos with every patch yet every other mmo gets a free pass to keep churning out Wow clones.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 10:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Did they keep all their promises before? No, so why expect them to do so now?
    So 5.1 didn't come out 3 months after Mop release and 5.2 didnt come out 3 months after that? You mean I imagined all that content that was delivered exactly when Blizzard said it would be over a year ago?

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Meh. If they continue to not add dungeons after the initial xpac release, this game won't survive past the next xpac.
    Oh right because everyone loved running the same 3 dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over for nearly a year during 4.3.

Deleted
    Blizzard stated in an interview that they have been hiring new developers and artists for Wow but I'm sure you will accuse them of lying despite the fact they have nothing to gain by doing so.
    Cut the dumb BS? You will not find a single post where I accused Blizzard of lying. I asked for numbers, haven't seen any, but somebody linked an interview where a developer confirmed that the team indeed is bigger now. Good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    If a monopoly exists it dosent matter why it exists it is still bad for the consumer. Who said Blizzard are responsible for the competance of any other company?
    I don't think monopoly means what you think it means. My entire point is that Blizzard has NOTHING to do with other mmos failing. They had their chance to do well and blew it all entirely on their own without any help from anyone else including Blizzard. Case in point look at Swtor. They dumped far too much money into voice acting and other fluff at the expense of content and especially end game content. Not to mention all the other serious flaws about the game when it was released. Too many companies rely on players jumping ship to their mmos simply because it isn't Wow. That is a terrible strategy and sadly it seems like it won't be stopping anytime soon.

Deleted
    The reason other mmos fail is because the people developing them have no fucking clue what they are doing and think making Wow clones is enough to be successful. I love how Blizzard is held to this impossible standard of revolutionizing mmos with every patch yet every other mmo gets a free pass to keep churning out Wow clones.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 10:11 PM ----------

So 5.1 didn't come out 3 months after Mop release and 5.2 didnt come out 3 months after that? You mean I imagined all that content that was delivered exactly when Blizzard said it would be over a year ago?

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 10:13 PM ----------

Oh right because everyone loved running the same 3 dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over for nearly a year during 4.3.
    The idea that the people developing mmo's having "no fucking clue" is just speculation on your part. Surely even you must conceed that the hold Blizzard have on the market place would make starting a new MMO much harder?

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 02:29 AM ----------

I don't think monopoly means what you think it means. My entire point is that Blizzard has NOTHING to do with other mmos failing. They had their chance to do well and blew it all entirely on their own without any help from anyone else including Blizzard. Case in point look at Swtor. They dumped far too much money into voice acting and other fluff at the expense of content and especially end game content. Not to mention all the other serious flaws about the game when it was released. Too many companies rely on players jumping ship to their mmos simply because it isn't Wow. That is a terrible strategy and sadly it seems like it won't be stopping anytime soon.
    To suggest that Blizzard are not in any part responsible for the failure of rival MMO's is ridiculous. They will aggresively defend thier market share as they are entitled to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    They milked WoW when they decided to not update Cataclysm for a year while having a second team making another expansion.

GW2 is terrible, sorry. Rift is different, and TOR was a failure. Honestly with the budget TOR had they could have made a better WoW.

I guess they had a lot of over-paid devs there.

Your PS3 finished third place this generation after the brand monopolized the market for two console cycles.

Monopolies are bad for gamers unless you are a fanboy.

Did you enjoy your PS2 breaking down all the time?
    My ps2 still runs like brand new, I thin your confusing the console breaking with the xbox garbage, but on topic I think blizz will continue to put out great content and the game will be very strong for another several years minimum.

You are just as guilty at allowing your judgement to be clouded its just your bias is Pro Blizzard. It is his opinion as most things said on a forum are but with regard to Blizzard releasing sub standard content not entirely without merit.
    Actually, and I know you won't, if you look at my other posts here, I'm pretty neutral about it.

The unfortunate fact is that both sides, fans and people such as yourself, can't find middle ground, and usually don't understand one side's view point, thus making themself into a sort of "brick wall" and being insanely stubborn, not to mention not listening.

I have my gripes with Blizzard.

I've been extremely annoyed with a good amount of their decisions, along with some of the directions they've taken with the game, such as my class' balancing and what not.

The thing is though by using logic from both sides, and thinking about it from every perspective, Blizzard isn't the Evil Villain who Stole Your Puppy.

You can criticize me further on this if you want just because you can't understand the other side's POV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is assuming that Blizzard has a monopoly on MMO's. In fact, they don't. At this point they have a massive head start but Blizzard isn't really doing anything to restrain other companies from giving it their best shot. Which they--other companies--have been doing.

- Rift, pretty good swing at it but didn't make much headway.

- SW:TOR was a problem all the way around but that's on them. Perhaps they'll fight their way back with F2P. Perhaps.

- TES Online: Time will tell.

- Secret World and others. Maybe too soon to tell but not really happening except as F2P/B2P.

No one is forcing anyone to try and attempt to replicate what Blizzard has done with WoW. If a 90-pound-weakling wants to take on the 500-pound gorilla in the room, it's not the gorilla's problem that they may not be up to the task.

Anyway, the classic definition of a company engaging in restraint of trade causing a monopoly doesn't really apply here. Blizzard is doing what they do and everyone else has to make their own way, one way or another. I tend to agree with others that thinking you can put something very much like WoW out there and expect it to do well at this point in time is to be highly oblivious of the truth of the matter and not rational business sense. This gets back to one of my favorite arguments that World of Warcraft was in exactly the right place at exactly the right time and is more a freak of nature than anything else. Expecting lightning to strike twice like that within a niche genre is expecting quite a bit.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    The problem is assuming that Blizzard has a monopoly on MMO's. In fact, they don't. At this point they have a massive head start but Blizzard isn't really doing anything to restrain other companies from giving it their best shot. Which they--other companies--have been doing.

- Rift, pretty good swing at it but didn't make much headway.

- SW:TOR was a problem all the way around but that's on them. Perhaps they'll fight their way back with F2P. Perhaps.

- TES Online: Time will tell.

- Secret World and others. Maybe too soon to tell but not really happening except as F2P/B2P.

No one is forcing anyone to try and attempt to replicate what Blizzard has done with WoW. If a 90-pound-weakling wants to take on the 500-pound gorilla in the room, it's not the gorilla's problem that they may not be up to the task.
    I sincerely hope TES will do well, but I'm doubtful. Nothing looks appealing to me, at least, but hey, I'm not the majority.

Secret World's "flop" was kind of depressing to see.

SWTOR's shift to free to play effectively murdered the game, especially with their own version of the Free To Play subscription base.

Rift is actually pretty solid. I think they have over a million, if not 2 million, subscribers. The new expansion certainly spiked it.

And, lastly, I"ll throw in my own: DCUO. It's probably the only Free To Play game that went from a Subscription base to FTP and made massive profits from it. Their system for it is fantastic.

Deleted
    Actually, and I know you won't, if you look at my other posts here, I'm pretty neutral about it.

The unfortunate fact is that both sides, fans and people such as yourself, can't find middle ground, and usually don't understand one side's view point, thus making themself into a sort of "brick wall" and being insanely stubborn, not to mention not listening.

I have my gripes with Blizzard.

I've been extremely annoyed with a good amount of their decisions, along with some of the directions they've taken with the game, such as my class' balancing and what not.

The thing is though by using logic from both sides, and thinking about it from every perspective, Blizzard isn't the Evil Villain who Stole Your Puppy.

You can criticize me further on this if you want just because you can't understand the other side's POV.
    I actually try very hard to understand both points of view.
    Im not going to argue with you because only you know what your true agenda is. Lets just say it came as no surprise to me that you picked on the first anti Blizzard post in this thread attacked the poster ignoring the fact that he may have even a small point and started an arguement with him. Oh and thats the first time Ive seen you have a gripe with Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely hope TES will do well, but I'm doubtful. Nothing looks appealing to me, at least, but hey, I'm not the majority.

Secret World's "flop" was kind of depressing to see.

SWTOR's shift to free to play effectively murdered the game, especially with their own version of the Free To Play subscription base.

Rift is actually pretty solid. I think they have over a million, if not 2 million, subscribers. The new expansion certainly spiked it.

And, lastly, I"ll throw in my own: DCUO. It's probably the only Free To Play game that went from a Subscription base to FTP and made massive profits from it. Their system for it is fantastic.
    I think you're way off on the Rift numbers. The new "expansion" is really disappointing.

To suggest that Blizzard are not in any part responsible for the failure of rival MMO's is ridiculous. They will aggresively defend thier market share as they are entitled to do.
    They are responsible by way of having the superior product, but that's about it. They aren't actively trying to build or keep a monopoly, nor do they need to. To suggest that anybody elses failure is their fault, now that would be a ridiculous proposal.

You might want to take a look at your own bias, though. It's shining through rather heavily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    I played my PS2 regularly for 6 YEARS and it didn't break down once. And this was a first generation PS2 at that. I still have it and while I don't play it a huge amount nowadays, every time I do play it, it gives me zero problems whatsoever.

If we're going to talk about unreliable consoles that break down, then use the Xbox 360 as an example, not the PS2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift is doing great, and is still 15 bucks a month with an xpac, yet the poor game gets shoved to the side. It's unfortunate, it's made a ton of improvements and lots of people don't bother to at least read the new updates. In my opinion, it's a good competitor to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    I think you're way off on the Rift numbers. The new "expansion" is really disappointing.
    Are they? That's actually unfortunate to hear. Rift is a good game.

They milked WoW when they decided to not update Cataclysm for a year while having a second team making another expansion.

GW2 is terrible, sorry. Rift is different, and TOR was a failure. Honestly with the budget TOR had they could have made a better WoW.

I guess they had a lot of over-paid devs there.

Your PS3 finished third place this generation after the brand monopolized the market for two console cycles.

Monopolies are bad for gamers unless you are a fanboy.

My Ps2 is almost 10 years old now, and has never had a problem. Unlike the PS3 or Xbox 360... Ps2... Thats a good built system right there..