Delayed Tax Return Build

So, after H & R Block made an error filing our taxes (Software Error!) we're finally getting our return in on Monday. I'm in NYC and basically need everything. I'd be upgrading from a 24" Imac with HD 2600 graphics and a 2.8ghz Core 2 Duo. My only real requirements are that I want an SSD and I want to build in a Bitfenix Prodigy. I'll pick up a cheap 1080p monitor (plan on buying a Korean IPS off of Ebay later on) and a copy of Win8 64 too. I only play WoW, but plan on diving into PC gaming now that I'm ditching the mac. So, I've cooked up the following build with the cpu as a placeholder until Haswell arrives when I'd upgrade to an unlocked i5/z87 mITX mobo:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G2020 2.9GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.93 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus P8H77-I Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card ($229.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case ($101.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($38.05 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $685.91
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-03-21 11:08 EDT-0400)

I went with the EVGA card because it's a reference design and will exhaust out of the back of the case; however, I plan on removing all of the HDD cages and throwing a 230mm fan in the front of the case. Would that make something like a Gigabyte 7850 suitable instead? I'd love to save the money and get the free games, but I don't want my video card "hotboxing" in my case.

Is the Pentium a huge mistake? I'd just be playing WoW and trying out some other MMOs that weren't available on OSX. The benchmarks for the similar SB G860 suggest it handles WoW relatively well - comparable to the FX8350. I just don't see the point of spending more money on an I3 when I'm just going to replace it in 2 or 3 months.

Thanks all for your time. Love the community on the computer forums here!

Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Right, but that's the White version. I prefer the Black for the color and cooling (Mesh front panel). After shipping Newegg is actually cheaper because they have a promo with the mobo ($20 off).

15+ Year Old Account
    get an i3 or i5 processor. the one you chose is crap for gaming

also get a 660ti or 7850/7870 for the graphics card
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    get an i3 or i5 processor. the one you chose is crap for gaming

also get a 660ti or 7850/7870 for the graphics card
    I chose the Pentium because I'm planning on picking up an unlocked Haswell I5 and z87 mobo when they come out in a few months. I understand an i3 or i5 is better for gaming, but does it make sense to invest the extra $ in a processor I'd be renting for a few months? From what I've read on various sites and forums the Pentium can handle WoW, etc. I understand I won't be at ultra settings in LFR...

And I'd prefer to get a 7850 and save a little bit of money, but I also want to make sure I'm not cooking everything in such a small case.

15+ Year Old Account
    ah, yea that makes sense then. as for cooking, i wouldn't worry about that. i've yet to hear of any heat issues with the bitfenix that are out-of-the-ordinary
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right