Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Glyph of Mind Harvest

Celestalon ‏@Celestalon 44 min
    Another little birthday present for SPriests... Glyph of Mind Harvest: Your first Mind Blast against each enemy generates 3 Shadow Orbs.

Discuss.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Ah hell no that gives me shudders.

Please tell me this is actually true :O

Deleted
    <3<3<3

so much yes

If this goes live, the qq from every class/spec will be relentless until removed or nerfed.

However, it is necessary because almost every other class has on demand burst at the start, when all we get is Shadowfiend...

Now, I would like to know how this works? Because, if this means.. I cast MB, hit someone and get 3 ORBS... then I proc MB, hit a second target, get another 3 orbs, proc MB... hit my original target... and get 3 orbs again? That would be OP.

Quote Originally Posted by STOYGON View Post
    If this goes live, the qq from every class/spec will be relentless until removed or nerfed.

However, it is necessary because almost every other class has on demand burst at the start, when all we get is Shadowfiend...

Now, I would like to know how this works? Because, if this means.. I cast MB, hit someone and get 3 ORBS... then I proc MB, hit a second target, get another 3 orbs, proc MB... hit my original target... and get 3 orbs again? That would be OP.
    Once per target.

But it is going to be OP for fights with adds.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge dps boost against ANY fight with adds. This will be a must essentially for raiding Spriests.

Now, the question is, is it once/combat, or once/target period? For instance, if its once/combat, this also becomes mandatory for PvP of any form, as long as you take Spectral Guise. Heck, it essentially turns Spectral Guise into a mini-burst CD if its once/combat. On the other hand, if its once/instance, then its not as powerful for PvP or PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how will it determine the "first" hit? If it's once per entering combat then that could be really OP in PvP with Spectral Guise.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    But it is going to be OP for fights with adds.
    Shadow shining on multitarget??? Insane.

EDIT. Put it in perspective: Would it be more OP than ToT's Mannoroth's Fury + Fire and Brimstone + Rain of Fire?
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-05-01 at 03:40 AM.

Read and came. Brb changing pants..

I'm speechless.. this is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    So how will it determine the "first" hit? If it's once per entering combat then that could be really OP in PvP with Spectral Guise.
    From another Cele tweet: "As long as that [enemy] unit has been alive."
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

I hope they end up making it a draenor perk. Otherwise it would be the most mandatory glyph ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now taking bets on long before this change is altered/nerfed/removed.

The face value strength of this as a glyph is staggering.

He mentions in a later tweet it may end up being a perk instead of a glyph, depends on it "mandatoriness". Although it doesn't take a genius to know this is pretty much mandatory, even in single target fights.

Yeah not going live or they nerf DP to the ground.

Think about it, it's probably not as OP as you might think:

Single Target: It's just astral communion and a very long overdue change.
    Council fights: It activates just once per target. That's 3-4 DPs over the course of a fight. A buff, yes, but nothing gamebreaking.
    Add multidot: Here's where it could get messy... if you could MB every add, and run DP on it for its full duration, which is not always the case. And in the case of high-health adds, well that's just where shadow is supposed to shine. So no biggie. Again, nothing as stupid OP as MoP destro's AoE.
    PvP: One free DP per opponent. Might be strong for world PvP, although with WoD's health/damage adjustments it's nothing but a strong burst opener like many other classes already have. Nothing gamebreaking for BG/arena.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-05-01 at 07:17 AM.

Ok. But see, now I want a glyph to max TEB for my Monk and Fury/Embers for my lock. Hell, you can make it once per fight and keep spiest's as once per enemy, I just want to be able to unload with everyone else on fights where you lust at the start.

its a great change, but you'd still want to start a boss with 3 orbs from trash.
    so you can DP insanity -> mindblast -> DP insanity again during the opener.

Edit: well, 5 orbs with the leveling perk
    Last edited by Aere; 2014-05-01 at 07:36 AM.