[HELP] TOT- Durumu the forgotten - Disintegration beam

Hello everyone,
    As the title is stating I am having some issues with Durumu's disintegration phase. I am a mage, and keep dying every single time when I am in melee. I am trying to be very careful, try to follow other people and that's when I actually die the most.
    Anybody found an easy way to do it ?

the hardest part about it is wanting to move early because the beam is coming but the path literally opens up just as the beam is about to hit you...so it's 100% about patience and watching for the path to open up.

DPS is not important at ALL during that phase and most people misunderstand that. There is also a path that will open up for ranged but the way works is as follows...

When the purple maze closes in on you it will form a free zone where you are STANDING. To my knowledge there can only be two so if someone is standing in melee and someone is standing in ranged, if you aren't in one of those groups you're going to take the aoe. Most people stack in melee but the main thing to realize is that if someone is up on the boss, most of the maze is only going to open up there.

So my advice is to stack a bit from the boss because he can be meleed pretty far back tbh and wait for the hole to open up and then move when a new path opens. just be patient. You will always get a path before you get hit, most people die because they are too nervous about getting hit and kill themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by onaprayer View Post
    Hello everyone,
    As the title is stating I am having some issues with Durumu's disintegration phase. I am a mage, and keep dying every single time when I am in melee. I am trying to be very careful, try to follow other people and that's when I actually die the most.
    Anybody found an easy way to do it ?
    Do you have to run with melee? The safe spot in melee is smaller and often hard to see as it can go right up under him and having other people standing there too certainly doesn't help. I get that you minimize movement by using the melee one, but if you're having a hard time, take one of the other ones. Also, I hear putting shadows to low helps a bit.

Deleted
    Cant really be too specific abbut at the start, have your raid stand on the beam, wherever you see the purple shit on the floor (looking like snakes) you move there. Its hardest in the beggining, once you are past the first opening in the maze it actually gets easier.

Make sure to use all CDs at the point where the purple thing covers the room completely(aura mastery, icebarrier, etc etc) except there were your raid stands. It will be really really nasty for 1-2 secs just before the beam is about to hit you there will open a path
    Be fast to find a way and after that its pretty easy!

I prefer the "ranged" way and not to sit in melee.

In our 25 man raid i'd say only maybe 6-9 people have an amazing handle on it, around 75% can sucessfully "follow the mark" and live. We had about a night of progression on it. We discovered the ranged path is easier to see/do (although requires you to constantly be running) so most of our raid goes out there. only the daring go the melee path.

im not 110% expert but after the first few seconds i can live through it rarely taking damage from eye sore. Once im in a safe spot (the squiggly lines on the floor tell the spot, but its difficult to tell sometimes) then i face the direction im going (with the beam to my back) not facing the boss (although for LoS i can still hit him, i keep attacking the entire time) and tilt my camera down about 45 degrees (beam is X, boss is Y on a grid, diagnal line from 0).

The path opens, closes, then opens again, almost instantly as the next safe spot opens the 2nd time your current one closes. It isnt a straight line, someitmes it goes in sometimes it goes out. From looking straght down (90 degrees) you dont see the hint, just the spot as it opens. from looking straight forward (0 degrees) youre just screwed.

hope some of that helps.

Oh! also turning your particle density to 0 makes it stand out more, but what actually happens is the same

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    DPS is not important at ALL during that phase and most people misunderstand that.
    We can do like 15% of the boss' hp during the shuffle, wouldn't say that it doesn't matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQGnsXiJpFo

I originally just made this for my guild, but it might be able to help you. Start at ~2:25, I made some quick writeups in MS paint (they are in the video) illustrating what to do during the disintegration beam.

ninjas have endless patience. you gotta wait and see, use healthstones/personals as soon as you take the first tick of damage if you need to do that. there are always 3 paths. I have found that the middle one is the easiest.

We had some issues with this as well, fixed it completely when we started having the raid group in the middle instead of right up on the boss. Maze is much easier to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQGnsXiJpFo

I originally just made this for my guild, but it might be able to help you. Start at ~2:25, I made some quick writeups in MS paint (they are in the video) illustrating what to do during the disintegration beam.
    your video. fucking awesome dude. simplified so much and even though I was getting it before standing in ranged I was doing melee really well tonight. we posted it to our raiders and we had 10 on tonight and went in to just get it out of the way. made it a lot easier. killed it in 4 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Areohotah View Post
    your video. fucking awesome dude. simplified so much and even though I was getting it before standing in ranged I was doing melee really well tonight. we posted it to our raiders and we had 10 on tonight and went in to just get it out of the way. made it a lot easier. killed it in 4 attempts.
    Thanks. It's an unlisted video atm but maybe I'll just make it public on the off chance it helps other people.

for us there seems to be 3 mazes, one in melee, one just out side that can dip into melee, and one in bum fuck nowhere. It seems you're likely to take the first tick, so don't panic! once you see the " clear area" go tot he middle of that, wait for the close to come close and be ready to move right away if there is one under you. Doing that helped us get our first kill.