Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guards at BMAH now.

8 (EIGHT) guards attacked me when I attempted to engage in wpvp on a pvp server. So max level wpvp is discouraged, but lowbie ganking is perfectly okay?

Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    8 (EIGHT) guards attacked me when I attempted to engage in wpvp on a pvp server. So max level wpvp is discouraged, but lowbie ganking is perfectly okay?
    Im pretty sure its a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    Im pretty sure its a bug.
    do you have a source?

I love World PVP, but I really do hope that actually turned on the guards around the BMAH, too many times have I not been able to bid because of huge groups of the opposite faction keeping everyone else out so that they can get the items cheap.

You (I) also can't Warlock fear people in half hill now without setting the guards off. I loved griefing people with fear prior to patch 5.2. But oh well.

Deleted
    There has allways been guards there to prevent from a faction allways having bmah to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Thien View Post
    There has allways been guards there to prevent from a faction allways having bmah to their own.
    Wrong. Blizzard's initial intention was for the BMAH to be a pvp hotspot. There were guards there, but they were for show only: they did not attack you if you attacked the opposite faction. If you had decided you wanted to stop the opposite faction from bidding on items (on a PvP Realm), you had the option of killing any opposite faction players on sight, and if you killed them fast enough, stopping them from bidding on items. The guards would stand there and watch you do it.

With the patch Blizzard has either changed their minds, or it is a bug.

Deleted
    aah okay then mmmmmmmmmmmmmmBacon, i paly on pve realm so i asumed they killed people who pvped against each other. I withdraw my old statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Wrong. Blizzard's initial intention was for the BMAH to be a pvp hotspot. There were guards there, but they were for show only: they did not attack you if you attacked the opposite faction.
    With the patch Blizzard has either changed their minds, or it is a bug.
    Is it possible that's the way it was on PvP servers? Guards have always been agro'd to world pvp on the PvE server I play on.
    The only difference since the patch is that their health bar tags show up now, they didn't used to before.

(I should add, the guards would only agro if you're actually in the BMAH building, now they agro throughout the whole village.)
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Normally the guards don't do anything, unless you use some form of Multi target attack. (Say, cleave, or Avenger's shield, or Frost Bomb) Because you CAN actually hit the guards like that. And that's normally what pulls them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by turboblake View Post
    I love World PVP, but I really do hope that actually turned on the guards around the BMAH, too many times have I not been able to bid because of huge groups of the opposite faction keeping everyone else out so that they can get the items cheap.
    CRZ still defeats that whole point as you can just get invited to a PvE realm to bid on stuff from your realm.

You (I) also can't Warlock fear people in half hill now without setting the guards off. I loved griefing people with fear prior to patch 5.2. But oh well.
    Not like it matters since guards hit like wet noodles.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    CRZ still defeats that whole point as you can just get invited to a PvE realm to bid on stuff from your realm.

Some people would rather take a punch than a slap from a wet noodle, such is their creepy sliminess and what not.

Perhaps to a tank spec, but they still hit for ~20k, mortal strike, and root players they attack (as well as daze), and around 4-7 of them will attack you.

It is of course still feasible for a group of players to camp the BMAH with a raid group with a tank to pick up the guards, but this effectively stops any small skirmishes in their tracks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear guards have always been there. I remember in the beginning of MOP I went to the BMAH and attacked a horde and got killed by a guard.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh poor you can't kill afk people anymore.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Oh poor you can't kill afk people anymore.
    A little bitter?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    Perhaps to a tank spec, but they still hit for ~20k, mortal strike, and root players they attack (as well as daze), and around 4-7 of them will attack you.

It is of course still feasible for a group of players to camp the BMAH with a raid group with a tank to pick up the guards, but this effectively stops any small skirmishes in their tracks.
    Was talking about the Halfhill Guards, not the BMAH guards.

Don't particularly like Halfhill all that much. Guards should either one shot people, chase people into their own phased farms, or not exist.

Was talking about the Halfhill Guards, not the BMAH guards.

Don't particularly like Halfhill all that much. Guards should either one shot people, chase people into their own phased farms, or not exist.
    Halfhill guards are just as powerful as BMAH guards, you can just evade halfhill guards with your farm.

8 (EIGHT)

Holy shit! (HOLY SHIT)

How pathetic do you even have to be to expect to be able to have the BMAH all to yourself. If you aren't the first to bid goldcap on something you like, tough luck.

Quote Originally Posted by fatal View Post
    The guards are there to keep the peace at the BMAH. Stop being so overly dramatic. Blizzard isn't trying to stop world PvP, it is merely trying to stop it occuring at that specific place to prevent people killing off their competition for items.