10+ Year Old Account

Shadowrun Returns; Just a few days left to support.

Shadowrun is coming back and they've been doing a fund raiser with benefits to those who support the funds. Their goal was $400,000 in 30 days or so. They've made $1,400,000 with 4 days to go. If they get $100,000 more in these next 4 days, they will be creating a whole new city and story line (they'll do both, but I think one was the 1mil mark and the other is the 1.5m mark.

Anyways, if you haven't heard, and this is something you'd like to support, then BOOYAH.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dowrun-returns

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, bringing it back to roleplaying. That would be nice. I have some fond memories of Shadowrun on sega genesis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sega Genesis was definitely my favorite version. SNES was alright, although kind of linear in the things you need to do. Also, the mouse cursor on the D-pad was pretty lame, but overall a sweet storyline. Xbox was an interesting concept, but when they took the RP out of it, they kind of took the ShadowRun out of it.

Though not really my favored kind of cyberpunk (I'm definitely more of a gritty Cyberpunk 2020 kinda guy), Shadowrun is extremely cool... already 'kicked' some money towards this, hope they hit that final goal!

I so wish I had $15 for this. The Genesis version was one of the best 2D games I ever played. Such an amazing world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardlust View Post
    Shadowrun is coming back and they've been doing a fund raiser with benefits to those who support the funds. Their goal was $400,000 in 30 days or so. They've made $1,400,000 with 4 days to go. If they get $100,000 more in these next 4 days, they will be creating a whole new city and story line (they'll do both, but I think one was the 1mil mark and the other is the 1.5m mark.

Anyways, if you haven't heard, and this is something you'd like to support, then BOOYAH.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...dowrun-returns
    I pledged some dough a few days ago and then upped my pledge a couple of days later.

If I recall correctly, that page doesn't count paypal pledges so they may already be over one and a half million. I really am crossing my fingers for a good game but we'll have to wait and see. I never did much with the PnP but I loved the books.

Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-04-24 at 06:02 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Ah 80k more to go for the 1.5m mark. It's some pretty cool cyberpunk, really deep and complex universe. It's kind of old school and hardcore, we don't see those too often in the last years.

I hope they make it.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    What other goal are they trying to meet? They're already funded at 355%.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    What other goal are they trying to meet? They're already funded at 355%.
    Pretty much just adding more and more stuff. If I recall 1.5 was the sort of goal to tie the old snes game in somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Update #9: The Music of the Night

There are only 4 days left in our Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter! 4 days!!!

The outpouring of support for this project has been phenomenal and we deeply appreciate all of your comments, suggestions, stories and encouragement.

One of the recurring themes in the stories we hear is how the music of the Sega and SNES Shadowrun games stays with you after all this time. Whenever we read your comments and whenever the team talks about it, the conversation always comes back to, “Wouldn’t it be cool if we could get the guys who wrote the original music?”

So we did.

Today, we’re incredibly excited to announce that Marshall Parker, who wrote the music for the Super Nintendo game and Sam Powell, who wrote the music for the Sega Genesis game, have agreed to COLLABORATE on the music for Shadowrun Returns.

Not only are we excited to have these two talented people working on the project, (we still can’t believe we got them!) we’re impressed by the spirit of cooperation they both expressed. Marshall and Sam really understand what we’re trying to do here and it was a pleasure to hear how happy they would be to work together to bring you the Shadowrun music your generous support deserves.

Speaking of what your support deserves, let’s talk about Rewards!

• Check out the tasty DocWagon card concept art we added today!
    • We’re sweetening the deal for our $30 Reward Level backers! In addition to everything they already get, they’ll also get the IN-GAME DocWagon benefit too!
    • A Reminder: Every backer at the $50 level and above gets their own copy of the SOUNDTRACK!
    • Reading through the comments about the Backer T-shirts, we see lots of fans for all three designs, so we’ve decided NOT to survey backers about which shirt back you want most. INSTEAD, backers at the $60.00 level and above get to choose which shirt they want!
    But what if you still can’t decide? What if you want ALL 3 SHIRTS???

Then our NEW $175 Reward Level is for you! At $175, you get all previous rewards (excluding the All-Digital Bundle) + all 3 Shadowrun Returns Backer T-Shirts.

Did we mention that there are only 4 days left?!

That’s 4 days for you to help the Cause by spreading the word. There are still Shadowrun fans out there who don’t know about our Kickstarter. There are still gamers out there who would LOVE Shadowrun if only they knew about it! There are still people out there that don’t know we changed our $7,500 Reward Level to include a game of tabletop Shadowrun in our studio with Jordan and Mike Mulvihill!!!

This is a call to action, Chummer. Spread the word. Every dollar YOU bring in goes into making a better, richer, and deeper Shadowrun experience.

Share the link to our Kickstarter page via Facebook, Google +, Twitter, secret courier. . . Pinterest, whatever.
    Share the link to the Shadowrun Primer and bring new people into the fold.
    Use the “Shadowrun Kickstarter Backer” images on your blog, use them as your Facebook cover image, and share them on the internets. (You can find more images here.)
    Tweet and RT your love. Use #shadowrunreturns so everyone can participate.
    Use peer pressure (for the right reasons this time) to get your friends involved.
    What’s in it for you? You’ll make Shadowrun Return.

Go, go, go!

And thanks,

HBS
    Source: http://harebrained-schemes.com/post/...-of-the-night/

---------- Post added 2012-04-25 at 12:22 PM ----------

Its up to $1,476,260...

Three days to go.

Will it make it?
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-04-24 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if there is a megathread or not (according to the search button there's not), so posting here.

Gameplay footage was added a few weeks ago and I just got around to watching it. I'm getting really excited for this game and looking forward to it coming out. I especially like how there appears to be multiple ways to play the game, not just talk-talk-talk-FIGHT-talk-FIGHT-FIGHT-talk-talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MiMjQwd2VE

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, really looking forward to thsi game.