Thread: Saints Row IV

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This game just looks like a bunch of shit thrown together that doesn't serve any real purpose other than to fuck around. I'm sure that's fun for some, but I see a lot of lost potential here. For example, they could probably make a REALLY good superhero game, but instead it's a Saint's Row game. Not to mention, it's a Saint's Row game that looks exactly like SR3, just with more stuff. "DLC, the Game!"

im a huge saints row fan but its hard justifying 60$ on what really looks like an expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    This game just looks like a bunch of shit thrown together that doesn't serve any real purpose other than to fuck around. I'm sure that's fun for some, but I see a lot of lost potential here. For example, they could probably make a REALLY good superhero game, but instead it's a Saint's Row game. Not to mention, it's a Saint's Row game that looks exactly like SR3, just with more stuff. "DLC, the Game!"
    Why is looking like its predecessor a problem? Its built on the same engine by the same company in the same universe. Of course it going to look similar. Hey, its even going to have some of the same characters. Still looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Why is looking like its predecessor a problem? Its built on the same engine by the same company in the same universe. Of course it going to look similar. Hey, its even going to have some of the same characters. Still looks fun.
    yeah, look at Borderlands 2. It is very similar to the first game but that didn't stop it from being awesome.

Deleted
    Time to dust off the old Xbox controller for my pc!

I love how over the top these games are, just fuck all and shoot it up

I don't understand that complaint as well. If SR3 was f'ing amazing (and it was/is) using that engine and universe, then if SR4 looks and plays the same, it'll be just as amazing.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure I like the super hero direction. Will have to wait and see if i'm going to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    How is this any different from all the Modern Warfare or Battlefield games? They all look the same, play the same, and don't really add anything new, yet they sell millions of copies.

For me, the SR games are just fun. While I enjoyed the longevity of SR2 over SR3, due to all of the side activities, and I still say that SR1 has the best vehicle camera placement, I liked how the story was presented in SR3, and I enjoyed the over the top humor. SR4 looks to continue that trend. The only thing in the SR4 clips that I haven't particularly liked is the gun the turns peoples heads into balloons and makes them pop, mainly because the effect looks kinda lame (looks like they spent 5 minutes on it). If they made them expand like Thunder in 'Big Trouble in Little China', then I'd probably enjoy it more.

The one thing from SR2 that I *really* hope they bring back is the ability to listen to a radio channel while outside of your vehicle. I loved taking strongholds while listening to classical music. Mayhem and classical music are like peanut butter and chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    How is this any different from all the Modern Warfare or Battlefield games? They all look the same, play the same, and don't really add anything new, yet they sell millions of copies.
    That doesn't make them good. That's not a very good example at all. Modern Warfare and Battlefield are definitely cashcow games. I wouldn't buy them.

There's nothing technically wrong with it. The graphics aren't bad. It just doesn't seem like they're really trying or wanting to move too far out of the box with SR4. They're just giving people more of SR3 with superhero powers. That's cool if it's your thing and all, I just wish that they would actually do something more with the talent that they clearly have.

Deleted
    wooooo awsome, its really a fun game, i used to play it with my uncle lol, had great fun.

I hope the new one can match the 3rd one.

But i have every confidence in their abillitys to make this just as good

LETS PLAY

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I don't know if I'll buy this one. Wrecking havoc as a strong superhero sounds pretty boring; it's a bit more entertaining to destroy stuff as a non-OP character.
    I felt OP by the end of each SR game, especially in SR3 after spending and buying all talents. Having Biotic type moves wont be any more broken than infinite ammo rocket launchers. Flying around might be kinda OP but I'm sure that type of shit will be end game.

Anyways, the MP in this makes it an amazing game for couples/friends who game together. My wife and I will enjoy the 40+ hours this game will give us as a game to 100% together.

10+ Year Old Account
    graphics wise it doesnt seem all that different from three

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 02:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    How is this any different from all the Modern Warfare or Battlefield games? They all look the same, play the same, and don't really add anything new,
    could say the same about the GTA games sure from 2 to 3 was a graphics change but since san andreas each game gets smaller and less impressive, the GTA 4 story was utterly dull

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    graphics wise it doesnt seem all that different from three
    Because it was originally supposed to be a DLC pack, but was expanded to be a full sequel (with the DLC bit scrapped).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Well, they bought Volition with the Saints Row property, so assuming SR4 sells reasonably well (they shouldn't need super high sales numbers given that they got to avoid a huge chunk of the development bill and picked up the game/studio AND Metro for a total of $28M) and they make a nice profit on it, I don't see why they would axe them. It's a profitable franchise, and removing the studio behind a franchise like that is rarely a good move.

redit: Also, I'm pretty amped. SR3 was spectacular and I'm looking forward to more delightfully over the top shenanigans.

I have been umming and ahh'ing about trying SR3 ... damn... I'm going to go buy it on steam now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I don't know if I'll buy this one. Wrecking havoc as a strong superhero sounds pretty boring; it's a bit more entertaining to destroy stuff as a non-OP character.
    Rent or buy Crackdown 1 or 2. It'll give you a feel of how being "super" against normal enemies can work - and work quite well. Crackdown was quite fun, especially co-op.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Dubstep gun <3

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    could say the same about the GTA games sure from 2 to 3 was a graphics change but since san andreas each game gets smaller and less impressive, the GTA 4 story was utterly dull
    Yeah I think GTA IV traded too much for gritty realism. And in many cases was a bit over stuffed with "fun extras" being a mandated part of the game. Extras like the ability to go out with people and do activities being this constant thing looming over you every time you go to do something.

As for SR4 my concern is that some of the core 'features' are a bit too ridiculous to the point it feels over bloated and stuffed. Like they turned all the cheats on at once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super powers and fighting aliens? So, it's like a comical version of Prototype (You didn't fight aliens in Prototype, but close enough). I'm not sure I like the superhero part.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I like the idea of being able to play a Modern God. It looks like a tonne of laughs.
    Yes, but I wish the SR franchise wasn't it

I enjoyed three and up to the zombies bit found it a bit more than a "little" harder to believe, then zombies onwards I was like, its enjoyable but GTAs just knocked it off and taken #1 back for gang type games

This, Im still slightly hoping is a piss take trailer along with the rest

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont see why people keep complaining about the graphics. the graphics are good, so who cares if it looks the same as the last game? the last game didnt look like crap so who cares?
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P