Question Guardian and 15% Expertise

Hello everyone, so I have been looking through posts to try and find a answer on this and I just can't seem to find one. Why is it beneficial to go for the 15% expertise hard cap as a Guardian? I understand 7.5% hit/exp, but why hard cap expertise? Is it fight specific or just all around the best thing to do once your gear reaches that point?

link to armory -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ADz/simple

Thanks everyone

Hit and Expertise below 7.5% as well as Expertise above 7.5% all does the exact same thing when you're in front of the target. The only reasons you would stop at 7.5% are either you feel you have enough combined Hit and Expertise and would prefer to focus on something else, OR you spend a significant enough portion of your time behind the mobs and you feel that's enough to warrant going for something else.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I hate being parried.

And there's basically no reason to not do it in 522+ gear. It makes for the most consistent RPS, and being able to count on getting a certain amount of Rage at a certain time is very important for tanking. I always recommend that people start with it, and then change later if they feel they want to.

Plus it's the single best DPS stat until cap anyway, and tank DPS is incredibly important in 10m.

Deleted
    OR you spend a significant enough portion of your time behind the mobs and you feel that's enough to warrant going for something else.
    Considering that the majority of the fights in tot have a tankswap mechanic (where you can dps from behind while not tanking) that's a fair point though, and does make exp past the softcap a bit less valuable. That said, I'd still aim for it if you are at a decent gear level (not struggling heavily with surviving, it's still a trade-off).
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-20 at 07:14 AM.

Thanks for the info all, appreciate it!

Going for hard exp cap is all about rage and damage. Like Arielle said, tank damage is extremely important in 10 mans, so when you're going hit cap/hard exp cap w/ the crit build as a Druid, you're more or less another DPS and you don't sacrifice any survivability for it. It also makes it to where you don't have to run behind bosses on tank swaps, for added laziness. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathCalls View Post
    It also makes it to where you don't have to run behind bosses on tank swaps, for added laziness. :P
    Nah, more vengeance (my healers luckily don't hate me for this (yet)) if it is a mild frontal attack . I personally wouldn't imagine going with out a full exp cap. As I've tried it last tier and felt that the rage regen was not for me with lower exp then 15%.