[Resto] What is the current state of resto druids? (pve)

Hey, as tittle says. Im currently considerering comming back to wow. Either going rdruid or some priest healing spec. What is best?

Even after a pretty large buff. Druids are still near the bottom. For the current tier of raiding at least, this is how it plays out. Paladin > Priest > Monk > Druid > shaman.

If you care about numbers, i'd go for a priest right now.

This tier in general is very well balance healer wise, with the exception of Shaman being a tad behind. If you want to talk pure numbers if played at their very maximum than Priest will pull ahead, but all healers are so close this tier it honestly doesn't matter unless you are raiding top 20 world.

Generic answer here but play what you think you can play the best, I can assure you that you will do the best with that.

Balance between the healers definitely seems a lot closer than last tier (with the exception of shamans). Paladins and priests are still above us, though the gap is definitely smaller.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...00000000111111

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 04:36 PM ----------

We actually might be a bit low atm due to resto's learning where best to put their mushrooms. On certain fights, they add up to a lot of healing, right underneath our wild growth.

Druids are really performing extremely well in 10man and would rate them equal to Paladins & Priests. 25man is a different story though.
    Just my opinion though

In my 25 man guild which is 12/12 normal I find that I am almost always first/second on the heal meter on fights which actually have decent amounts of incoming damage. Alot of the normal modes there just really isn't enough damage to break through the absorbs from priests/pallas, but on the few which there is resto druids really shine, especially when the raid is semi spread out. I wouldn't trust raidbot that much.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g8qlj88hgfemch1x/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hrqukupyj3utdt0l/

Deleted
    The changes made to druid this patch are greatly undervalued by people. My personal theory is that latest change (mainly the mushrooms) made the class so much more complex, as opposed to what it was for the last god knows how many expansions. People are just way too used to 2 button healing and cannot use the class to it's full potential.

Resto can be very powerful, but it takes a good player to understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heal a 10 man with a resto shaman and a disc/holy priest, our numbers are all relatively the same with the shaman lagging behind on some fights. We are considerably better off than we were prior to 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankzu View Post
    I heal a 10 man with a resto shaman and a disc/holy priest, our numbers are all relatively the same with the shaman lagging behind on some fights. We are considerably better off than we were prior to 5.2.
    How much was overhealing? cuz im curious if druid hots are still getting sniped

a lot of overhealing for me. hots still get sniped. 10% healing doesnt change that

Deleted
    in 10 man im out performing our priest and shaman by a lot... some fights its as bad as 90k druid, 70k priest, 50k shaman

in most 2 man healin fights its 90k me and 70k priest

i feel the priest could use his SS a lot better tho, and he does mainly smite heal, so i dont know, but i think druids are a lot better now than in previous teirs

I am most often number one on meters when I heal in guild raids. My partners are either disc priest, shaman or paladin. Only the disc priest can beat me. It is of course difficult to say wether I heal more than them because druids are great or because I'm just a better player or better geared.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    a lot of overhealing for me. hots still get sniped. 10% healing doesnt change that
    Yah that was what i was afraid of. So essentially, dependingon how much overhealing is caused, you really dont need the druid healer...

Quote Originally Posted by newjackcity View Post
    Yah that was what i was afraid of. So essentially, dependingon how much overhealing is caused, you really dont need the druid healer...
    What are you talking about? If you are doing content with too many healers, it doesn't matter which heals get snipered, just drop one (any) healer. I never understand this fuss about hot overhealing.
    Most bosses in ToT should be 2-healed, and for the few where you need 2.5 healers, our shadow goes disc to smite-heal. My druid feels extremely strong right now in 10 man, always topping meter (not because of skill but because that's how the class is designed), and a bunch of utility.

If you have problems with snipering / overheal, drop a healer. Resto druids are very strong atm.

I didn't find my performance in ten man to be lacking at all. 25 mans are a still a different story. It would be nice to see another reduction in mana cost to rejuv. It wouldn't affect ten man that much as I found I can rejuv blanket in ten often enough for inc dmg but I'm stricted in covering the raid in that manner on 25s.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Druids are garbage, so save yourself the headache of those damned mushrooms and play a priest or paladin. Resto druids aren't needed for anything.

Deleted
    Guys while we can help a raid alot people prefer to take 2 discs (or 1 holy 1 disc) 2 hpaladins 1 shaman (for cds) and 1 monk rather than taking 1 druid . If they had a choice between having all players equal they would't never take a rdruid now simply because not only disc are performing better (hpalas as well) but because of all the hype and dissapointment that exist about rdruids.

I was benched for first time ever since bringing 2 priests 2 hpalas seemed to make raid life easier. Truth is that 10man the distance was not that huge like 25man. Even if you have 11k spirit and blanket the raid or use your cds in best way it only takes one spirit shell or revival to mess your traq . Mushrooms while buffed has not solved anything else especially since design and implementation is slow and time wasting (3gcd and 1 gcd to activate??) . Yes it helps if you are low on mana esp if they are fully buffed or even if you use them to top 3 -4 targets but on 25man you need to care for more . We have been suggesting for ages (8 months or more) to blizzard to change the range/area to 40 yards radius or with one click to be applied in a triangle or circle area of effect .

I dont agree with further rejuv mana cost its good with tier bonus etc like it is now . Perhaps take care of healing touch and nourish and some glyphs could change our rotation of how we heal. I also keep saying change priority of seeds over illuminated healing and disc's bubble etc.. but nothing.

Our main issue is and will continue to be the fact that illuminated healing from hpalas and disc healing comes before our hots making our hots and healing looking bad. Not to mention the fact that disc can dps and still pull 50k hps.

Also to people saying they are doing well and topping meters plz mention what raids are you doing and what size (10 or 25man) before just post we are fine because i top meters. LFR also is consider meter but topping it does't mean anything!

Thank you.
    Last edited by mmoc09a309d1ff; 2013-03-19 at 08:45 PM.

Holy pala and disc priest are by far the best comp. Some fights are close to not killable without a priest atm. Resto druids are ahead of palas on some fights, but most not. Monks i got no clue, but shamans are pretty lackluster atm.