Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New Character Models

I decided to open this thread for us to discuss the new character models.

Though there's no projected dated, does anyone have any guesses?

I highly doubt we will see it before the next expansion since it is a fairly good incentive to buy it. 5.5 at the earliest if anything since they said they were going to do a small patch after 5.4

you think character model updates would be expansion exclusive? water update wasnt...

Character models are a much much larger job than updating the water engine. I wouldn't be surprised if updated models is a selling point for the next expansion.

I think they already experiment with new character models/skins. I believe that they'll put the new Zandalari Skins over the old troll models which will get a better animation structure, similar with orcs, humans, etc. But EST release is somewhere in the next Expansion or patch 5.5

I expect to see atleast some of them on Blizzcon this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueektheWeek View Post
    you think character model updates would be expansion exclusive? water update wasnt...
    Character models are highly anticipated and therefore a great way to get people to try the game. Water graphics not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I highly doubt we will see it before the next expansion since it is a fairly good incentive to buy it. 5.5 at the earliest if anything since they said they were going to do a small patch after 5.4
    I don't know if new player models could necessarily be used as an incentive to purchase a given expansion seeing as how they'd be applied regardless of whether you had the new expansion or not.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Character models are highly anticipated and therefore a great way to get people to try the game. Water graphics not so much.
    Then people that didn't buy the expansion would use old models? I don't think so.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    I don't know if new player models could necessarily be used as an incentive to purchase a given expansion seeing as how they'd be applied regardless of whether you had the new expansion or not.
    Maybe, though it would be pretty cool to add to the list of things they already may be adding.

Deleted
    Adding new models to a selling concept for a expansion would make no sense. Models are for all Players Starter..10..85 or Highlevel.
    New Players which could come to azeroth shouldn't think all that they get is a old game because the player models had a refresh after nine years. Show him some nice pictures but don't tell them.

There is much more to add than Models for a whole expansion. It would be better if the new models come earlyer.
    Last edited by mmocb4d5413dc4; 2013-03-16 at 05:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Then people that didn't buy the expansion would use old models? I don't think so.
    of course people will have new models without buying new expansion (just like old world remodel in Cata), but are you able to play without paying subscription? - didn't tthink so.
    We will see new character models at this year Blizzcon, and it will be one of biggest features of new expansion, I could bet my money on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greektoast View Post
    I decided to open this thread for us to discuss the new character models.
    They don't exist yet. There's nothing to discuss.

And, just to be randomly unreasonable, I'll say this: I'll hate the new player models, the decision to make them is wrong and they will be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post

And, just to be randomly unreasonable, I'll say this: I'll hate the new player models, the decision to make them is wrong and they will be ugly.
    So let's keep the 8 year old models?

You have an amazingly open mind.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You have an amazingly open mind.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but having a GIF of MLP going from portal to portal is kind of odd.

I need to open my mind no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes then my troll will keep the pixel for each toe because they look amazing.... How do you hate something that isn't even out yet?
    Aye mate

This again? They'll likely be mentioned at Blizzcon, whether they'll come as launch in the next expansion I have no idea.

And the current ones aren't ugly? Sure, I like that my Tauren and Orc has grass growing out of their chin and the top of their head, I guess. Well, no, the current models are very hideous compared to the current standard of graphics, I'm not one of those that think that new models is the most important thing for the game right now, but an update is due, they can't just keep the same models for over a decade. Whatever they do with the new models it can't turn out as bad as they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    This again? They'll likely be mentioned at Blizzcon, whether they'll come as launch in the next expansion I have no idea.

And the current ones aren't ugly? Sure, I like that my Tauren and Orc has grass growing out of their chin and the top of their head, I guess. Well, no, the current models are very hideous compared to the current standard of graphics, I'm not one of those that think that new models is the most important thing for the game right now, but an update is due, they can't just keep the same models for over a decade. Whatever they do with the new models it can't turn out as bad as they currently are.
    I think you missed the "And, just to be randomly unreasonable" part