Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Golforth View Post
    I believe that they'll put the new Zandalari Skins over the old troll models which will get a better animation structure, similar with orcs, humans, etc.
    This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    And every druid quits the game as most non-pvp'ers unite to chant- "Who the hell are these changes even for?"

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 07:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    This doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
    Yeah, everytime the game updates a texture for an NPC race, there's this small, non-subtle community that believes its the path-paver to new models. Been happening ever since they cleaned up Kalecgos' face in TBC.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    They don't exist yet. There's nothing to discuss.

And, just to be randomly unreasonable, I'll say this: I'll hate the new player models, the decision to make them is wrong and they will be ugly.
    According to Blizzard they were working on them at some point and just to point it out, most of the current models are horrible and can't get any worse than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    According to Blizzard they were working on them at some point and just to point it out, most of the current models are horrible and can't get any worse than they are.
    When you want to play as a common frog because their models are better than the characters you're playing as... you know there's a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I highly doubt we will see it before the next expansion since it is a fairly good incentive to buy it. 5.5 at the earliest if anything since they said they were going to do a small patch after 5.4
    New character models won't be a feature of the next expansion, having a new class / continent / race covers that. They will do what they said and release them staggered, it makes more financial sense that way.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    When you want to play as a common frog because their models are better than the characters you're playing as... you know there's a problem.
    Hah! Well said. I'm just waiting to come back until the models do get updated.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Revealed at the end of the Expansion V trailer, added in 6.0. No, they won't require Expansion V.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deex View Post
    Adding new models to a selling concept for a expansion would make no sense.
    Player models are among the (if not, the) most visible things in the game though. Updating them could be a major selling point, and a way to show the competition that WoW is capable of moving with the times too.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I forgot. If nothing is said by the end of Blizzcon, file this with the Dance Studio, Path of the Titans, and Proving Grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    One thing I forgot. If nothing is said by the end of Blizzcon, file this with the Dance Studio, Path of the Titans, and Proving Grounds.

Pretty much this is the same way I think about it.
    Last edited by Yogg-Saron, God of Death; 2013-03-16 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    I expect to see atleast some of them on Blizzcon this year.
    truf. mos def 6.0 they will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    truf. mos def 6.0 they will come out.

Maybe not released by 6.0, but at least previewed -- if not, and this is personally, for me -- something I promised myself out of principle, I'll quit WoW -- until they update them.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Deleted
    I agree with the people sayingit will be a selling point for next expansion. Just like with cata the whole 'redoing old azeroth' was and that was free, it was just a PART of the new expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    It's a sad day, since the new models outshine anything but goblins/Pandaren (Worgen are a mess so they don't count). Hell a single piece of armor often has more polygons and animations than many of the older races.

Brought a friend to WoW and while she likes the game she loathes the races because they are extremly ugly and look like from a game from the 90's (which for all purposes the classic races are).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It's a sad day, since the new models outshine anything but goblins/Pandaren (Worgen are a mess so they don't count). Hell a single piece of armor often has more polygons and animations than many of the older races.

Brought a friend to WoW and while she likes the game she loathes the races because they are extremly ugly and look like from a game from the 90's (which for all purposes the classic races are).
    Male Worgen are fine, female are a disaster.

I think it's safe to say that that won't be happening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Male Worgen are fine, female are a disaster.
    They are both fine.

Whatever they do, I hope they make more cute troll lady faces. Or take the one cute face there is away. Either, or. Just change the status quo of every troll female looking identical with the same face model because women don't want to be ugly and never pick the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueektheWeek View Post
    you think character model updates would be expansion exclusive? water update wasnt...
    Yes it was. It was a feature of Cataclysm, as were sun shafts.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    I don't know if new player models could necessarily be used as an incentive to purchase a given expansion seeing as how they'd be applied regardless of whether you had the new expansion or not.
    Never thought about this until I read it, but I agree totally.
    That being said, I can still imagine Blizzard using this on their Expansion trailer, if indeed it is next expansion content.