Normal Horridon Help

My guild is slowly progressing on Horridon. The 15% nerf to ad health helped us a lot and we're now making it consistently to the third troll gate.
    I'm almost always the lowest DPS on this fight, while I've always been top or second-highest on all other fights.

What am I doing wrong? I know the fight is hectic, so my s&d uptime isn't ideal (I'm working on that), but I feel like I don't even know what I'm doing when it comes to AOE.
    Does anyone have any pointers?
    Here's our logs from tonight's attempt.

www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nphinx1ofe9fidyv/
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-03-16 at 05:18 PM.

I'm not going to look through you're logs in great detail (SND uptimes and that). Just make sure it doesn't drop off.

1) That DPS monk is really terrible, which doesn't help with the following points
    2) Melee aren't great on this fight, something you will have to accept
    3) Get the ranged to always target the more important adds (they are bigger and are much more resilient)
    4) Take marked for death over anticipation, then use it on the smaller adds. With my DPS they were dying after 2-3 envenoms, usually i would mut to 5cps use 1 envenom, mfd then use another envenom. Keep on these adds all the time. Keep rupture up on the big adds if possible.
    5) The last phase your DPS will skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by myran2 View Post
    My guild is slowly progressing on Horridon. The 15% nerf to ad health helped us a lot and we're now making it consistently to the third troll gate.
    I'm almost always the lowest DPS on this fight, while I've always been top or second-highest on all other fights.

What am I doing wrong? I know the fight is hectic, so my s&d uptime isn't ideal (I'm working on that), but I feel like I don't even know what I'm doing when it comes to AOE.
    Does anyone have any pointers?
    Here's our logs from tonight's attempt.

www[DOT]worldoflogs[/url][DOT]com/reports/rt-nphinx1ofe9fidyv/
    i didnt read the logs so idk but are you playing assassination ? if so do you use marked for death talent for this fight ? as for AOE situations just spamm FoK where there are like 4-5 mobs around keep rupture up on priority mobs keep S'n'D rolling sometimes its very hard to pull off dps on this fight but it is possible i managed to pull of 110k dps while add phase was active and ended the fight with around 160k dps combat is pretty bad for this fight since BF's range is too small to be efficient enough.

also mark for death priority targets and rupture them immidiatly to keep your energy high, try to rupture the smalls adds too for extra energy regen, if there are no priority adds around use mfd for small adds and rupture them and keep doing damage to horridon keep up rupture on him
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2013-03-16 at 04:53 PM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    I'm not going to look through you're logs in great detail (SND uptimes and that). Just make sure it doesn't drop off.

1) That DPS monk is really terrible, which doesn't help with the following points
    2) Melee aren't great on this fight, something you will have to accept
    3) Get the ranged to always target the more important adds (they are bigger and are much more resilient)
    4) Take marked for death over anticipation, then use it on the smaller adds. With my DPS they were dying after 2-3 envenoms, usually i would mut to 5cps use 1 envenom, mfd then use another envenom. Keep on these adds all the time. Keep rupture up on the big adds if possible.
    5) The last phase your DPS will skyrocket.

I'm going to REALLY emphasize #4 here. This should be obvious to all rogues going forward, that add fights mandate marked for death. Anticipation preserves quite a few combo points a minute single target, and mfd is less. But on a fight like horridon, mfd dominates the shit out of anticipation.

During P2, make sure that the priests are being kicked. The dps requirements are high enough that you can't screw with deadly throw.

On pretty much every phase, there's a priority of add killing. In P1, the basilisks should be priority (and mfd will help here). I normally target the skirmishers next, again using mfd to ensure that each one only takes a couple seconds to kill, and I make sure to keep rupture on whatever big add is dying.

P2 I always swap to the efflugywhatevers, the green images, using mfd and kick to ensure that they do nothing. I expend kidney and on the melee adds, and I normally burn down a couple of them before being on priests- they have a lot less health, are controllable, and they tend to stack up, but remember how important interrupting the priests are, and how they are the real threat.

P3 I am 100% on little adds until they are dead. Bat faced trolls and the other trolls, and I don't even screw with the frost orb generating guys.

P4 I normally switch between bears and the casters. The casters aren't high priority normally, but their damage is bursty, and a rogue on them essentially eliminates their contribution. The bears hit way too hard and don't have much health. The beast shaman I'm on when the other adds are far away or small in number- obviously, as the "big adds", you should rupture cleave and ensure that they are taking damage.

On progression, you will want to pool cooldowns starting around door 3, such that you have a full set for War God Jalak. Once your time on him is low enough that the tank isn't threatened (such as LFR), then you can pool them to use on Horridon himself in P6- it's number padding a bit because he has a health pool half as big as apparent, but they handled that with a damage taken debuff, so you'll make a bigger meter that way. When playing for real though, expend your cooldowns on Jalak, as he will wipe you if he doesn't die fast enough.