Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tier 15: What Class/Spec's 4-piece Bonus gives them the greatest boost?

I play a warrior fury in a 25m raiding guild, and I'm curious to learn about how good all of the other bonuses are to promote the fastest raid progression.

For a 25m what classes and specs should be prioritized for gear?

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it standardly tanks > healers > DPS? That's how most guilds I've ever been in have done it.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Yeah, it's usually the case. But if you're interested in class perspective, our rogue was saying that 2p was kinda rubbish(assassination) and is actually worse than t14 4p, but ofc ilvl evens it out. DK dps was pretty excited about both of the bonuses and warrior tank was doubting value of 2p. As for priests, DPS 2p is ok, but you really need all 4 pieces to benefit from it properly. And healing ones are ok, 2p is better for holy 4p is generally more RNG healing. But both are nothing amazing, not like t14 4p is for disc.

No idea about other classes.

Yeah i totally agree with that methodology. Like a tank warrior got his 2 piece before me because it game him a direct survivability increase and mine give a slight damage increase. Obviously the tank living easier makes everyone's life easier. Anyone else have similar examples.

Deleted
    Well, can just say the protadin set bonuses are kinda bad. Not worth wasting tokens on them.

Deleted
    Not sure you can just list it as simple in terms of roles. For example I think paladin tanks don't really care much about their setbonuses and would rather go for well itemized off-pieces. Personally of the toons I play, I'm mostly looking forward to my oomkin 2pc and brewmaster 2pc.

I am not saying this because I am biased, but the Brewmaster Monk set pieces are pretty amazing overall.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Isn't it standardly tanks > healers > DPS? That's how most guilds I've ever been in have done it.
    That only made sense in Vanilla and to a lesser extent TBC, with the exception of the insane raid cds in dragon soul, at least for guilds pushing heroic content fast. Enrage timers (whether soft or hard) have typically been the biggest obstacle to progression for the last 7-8 tiers, not tank survival or healer throughput.

In terms of damage, the 4pc for rogues is probbably the most over powered 4 piece in this entire expansion and most of cata. Its roughly a 30K dps increase single target, and like 300K -400K dps increase on cleave fights with 3-5 adds up.

Elemental Shaman tier is considerably better than anything else.

Combat Rogue or Elemental Shaman.

Prot paladin's 4pc isn't worth it. Only get the 2pc because Helm and shoulders are actually well itemized. AFAIK the same can be said about guardian druid, at least I haven't heard out bear say anything nice about his 4pc.

Only time I can really think where it's REALLY worth it to get your tanks their 4pc instantly was in Dragon Soul where your defensives became raid CDs
    Last edited by britishbubba; 2013-03-16 at 07:24 AM.

I'm pretty sure Hunters get the biggest boost. Both set bonuses proc a lot and boost dps a significant amount. Then ya elemental shaman seems to be pretty good too.

Deleted
    I think that's a pretty outdated concept.

I'd rather the dps in our guild get bonuses faster, since more dps is always beneficial. Tanks and healers usually do well enough.

Coming from a healer.

Not to mention, the healer set bonuses are quite unintresting in many cases. I for example won't drop t14 4 set untill i got t15 4 set.

Not that it will ever matter for our group. These past 2 resets in ToT, we've had all 10 tier drops, but 8 of them being protector. Yep, our monk and hunter has 4 set, and we have no other protector user, so inc alot of wasted tiers ;_;
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-03-16 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    It should be tanks > DPS > healers if you really want to do it by role, but I agree with the others that that's not the best approach.

Deleted
    DPS > tanks > healers

you shouldn't always distribute loot according to this, but that is how the loot gets the most use. DPS, when they are good, uses loot FULLY. There is no such thing called overDPS and DPS players dont take turns DPSing like tanks do and whatnot. If you want to get the most out of items that drop, give them to DPS players. You shoul have an overview of how your raid is doing overall though. Cannot just always hand loot by that rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    Elemental Shaman tier is considerably better than anything else.
    how much of a dps increase is it for elemental shaman

Deleted
    no this is wrong.....as some1 else pointed out it you want to gear up your dps first

the majority of the heroic progression in the first month will be determined by your DPS. Jinroth (although easy) and horridan for example are a dps check. Assuming your not rocking full blues then your healers/tanks can survive the first set of heroic bosses with a good cooldown/external rotation (excluding council 10man which id advise skipping first week)

so the first month you should really dedicate your time to gearing up your DPS

This is what my guild is doing, atm we're prioritising dps, since tanks/healers don't really need them.

Protector: Elemental 2 set > Warrior 2 set > Elemental 4 set > Hunter 2/4set

Vanq: Boomkin 2/4 set > Mage/Rogue/Death Knight (Not too sure on how good these set bonuses are)

Conq: Spriest > Warlock

Combat rogue 4pc is pretty insane. 2pc is pretty meh.