Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Demo Lock article

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Any tips of how to do it as demonology specced warlock?
    This one was really helpful, especially the second page of comments

** I was going to post a link, but I joined up on the forum purely to answer your question and it won't let me post links yet *sigh*. Just type the following into google and hopefully it'll take you to the page I mean. *TOPIC Kanrethad Ebonlocke vs Random Demonology* It's on the actual WOW forums.

I haven't killed the sod yet, but getting closer to 50% lol. My prob is that I panic too much!

Good luck!!

I did it on Demonology 2 days ago feel free to ask questions

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    I found that using the fear glyph to CC the pit lord when felhunters dispel enslave made the whole fight much easier, rather than putting him in a far of corner and dpsing down the adds before he gets to you or having him beat on you the whole time.
    I did this as well, 'cause after the 3rd or 4th time of the Pit Lord being like "Oh, wanna kill those felhunters? I think I'ma charge you instead" I decided I'd had enough of him, and started using fear, but then he'd be out of range for enslave when I needed him, hence the glyph of fear.

Something very important to note for people planning on using this strategy, make sure you smack him with a conflag or incinerate (not an immolate) before you re-enslave him, otherwise your fear may end up having a good 5-10 seconds left on it, where your pit lord will not be able to act (which will likely result in a wipe).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cerenitie
    Shyara

Well I have just started to attempt this today, found it was a right pain in the ass. Especially having to leave to repair and having to start all over again

Ive played Affi for years barely even looked at another spec, so im guessing my lack of familiarity with destro is hurting me a little. I never seen to get more than 2 embers.

For the first wave of imps im sending in the pit lord, shadow fury FnB Incin w/ RoF. Then I stop paying attention I guess cause I end up dying to a CB I think. I am ilvl 497, so I guess I am just lacking some practice. I installed tmw to help show procs etc so I can better time the CB.

The charge u use to stop cata ? can u use it in between cata and still have it rdy in time ? for extra CB Spam ?

Quote Originally Posted by QuiSiLoR View Post
    The charge u use to stop cata ? can u use it in between cata and still have it rdy in time ? for extra CB Spam ?
    You can use the charge at least once between cataclysm as long as you use it as soon as it comes off CD, you might be able to use it twice between cataclysms... but its a risk that you have it on CD when you need it.

You can use it 3-4 times before the imps come out, just spam it on CD, he almost always skips his first pre-imp Cataclysm (even when he starts casting it, 90% of the time, he stops on his own before finishing the channel). I had several attempts where I got 5 charges off before his first cataclysm... and skipped his first Imp phase he instead decided to summon felhunters first (which messed with me the first time it happened). Unsure if that was due to damage exceeding thresholds pushing him past specific mechanics, or just my charge stuns disrupting his usual behavior.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cerenitie
    Shyara

You can just leave the scenario and repair at aldor or scryers base, in that region.
    The boss can be killed in all specs. i did it in demonology.

KEEP USING DEMONIC GATEWAY, SO kanrethad is always aggroing your pit lord, god...read this and do it

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 04:46 PM ----------

Do exactly what is made in this video at youtube Kanrethad Ebonlocke Guide - by Ackthal
    and you will do the boss after 15-20 tries.

Deleted
    I can not stress enough how important it is to use Demonic Gateway on cooldown.. in my fight i only got hit with 1 CB where i used sac to absorb it.. after that he only casts CB on the pit lord.. but he will only do this if you keep using the demonic gateway.. just place it from the middle to the front of Kanrethad's summoning stone thingy.. and just use it on CD everytime.. this will make you stress alot less because you dont have to worry about LoS'ing a CB anymore.. I did it in ilvl 475.. with 3 blue items.. after i got the felhunter phase under control there was no more problems.. just dont stress hehe

One more thing i did was to abuse charge in the start.. this requires you to do the encounter over and over or watch some youtube videos to understand when he starts his cataclysm phase..

Thats it...the fight becomes easy as soon as you do what you should do ! good job

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Any tips of how to do it as demonology specced warlock?
    Most of how I did this as demonology wasn't specific to my spec, but a few things about demonology spells:

1. I started with a felguard out and felstormed the boss off the bat (with dark soul, pre-combat potion, and a second felguard from Grimoire of Service)
    2. I rolled my Hand of Gul'dan charges on the boss unless an imp/felhunter phase was coming soon, in which case I would use both charges on the adds (hand->shadowfury->hand)
    3. After the pull, I saved dark soul and Grimoire of Service for felhunter phases, and then used it on cooldown after that
    4. I made sure to keep 100% uptime on corruption and doom and tried to use Wild Imp summons whenever it procced (with a touch of chaos if moving)
    5. I tried to save my molten core charges for when the boss was debuffed with 100% damage and even cast soul fire in metamorphosis sometimes in that case
    6. I used immolation aura and glyphed Carrion Swarm on the felhunters, but I could kill the 60 imps with just the pit lord breath + Hand of Gul'dan + hellfire

first day i got the book i spent about 15+ failed attempts on it the first night after watching the video, after some strategy refinement. The next day I nailed it in 3 attempts, the first 2 were 10% or below wipes due to my heart racing and hands shaking. took some deep breaths for a minute and calmed myself down and had it flawless on the 3rd pretty much a exact recreation of that kill on the video.

Past the video for tips and tricks and the macros and memorization of when you should and shouldnt do things, you need to stay calm and collected and you'll have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumskittles View Post
    due to my heart racing and hands shaking.
    Oh so I'm not the only one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Lol, same here. I wiped at 5% 2 nights ago because my hands were shaking/heart pumping and I stopped paying attention to aggro/debuffs.
    I am almost thinking of begging out of my raid tonight so I can finally get the kill!
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not, I get that all the time.

I remember running into Aeonaxx on a leveling alt in Deepholm, sat there for a minute (I was regenerating health after the quest to kill a big twilight Dragon there) so my heart was allready elevated when I decided, fuck it, I'm just going to try, and if I die and not get the mount, then that's just the way it goes. I was so stressing and trembeling during the fight I had to actually reach over with my mouse hand to press my attack keys, cause my left hand shook too much. Got the kill and the mount, but god, that was frustrating.

I've not actually progressed on Kanrethad far enough consistently (only had about 5 tries I think) but I'm sure I'll be in for the shakes on that as well.

Definitely not the only one. On my "kill", my heart was pounding so loudly it's all I could hear. Probably didn't help that I died right as the RP victory event started.

I am so frustrated about those felhunters I hid my pitlord around the corner, and started AoEing the gate only to have one of the damn things ignore my damage, go AROUND the corner i stashed him in, and break my enslave. I am sure I am doing something wrong here, but uncertain as to what. Right now doing this fight as demo and wondering if I shouldn't swap to destro for the better AoE/Burst potential. It also doesn't help that I am attempting this at ilvl 467, but I figure with a purification potion + charge stun the doom I should have more than enough time.

/ragequit for the evening.

I can't stress that enslaving the pit lord again during the time he summons the doomguard nothing worse dying on a good attempt because you forgot to do that and then got overwhelmed. Beat it pretty easily at ilvl 496 so don't be scared to get more gear to help you down this.

Also, try making a habit out of recasting Demonic Teleport whenever you're hiding from CB, nothing more frustrating then dying sub 10% because your teleport ran out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonarc View Post
    Definitely not the only one. On my "kill", my heart was pounding so loudly it's all I could hear. Probably didn't help that I died right as the RP victory event started.
    Definitely not, at first it was when I got that second set of Felhunters down, did that a couple of times, and then it was when my <20% Power Aura popped up, I'm not that used to Destro as a spec so my brain just melted completely at this whole new concept of what to do with Shadowburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefi View Post
    I can't stress that enslaving the pit lord again during the time he summons the doomguard nothing worse dying on a good attempt because you forgot to do that and then got overwhelmed. Beat it pretty easily at ilvl 496 so don't be scared to get more gear to help you down this.
    Yeah, even dropping your 4 piece for some better off set pieces will help since you're probably saving Dark Soul for the puppies anyway, which are conveniently 2 minutes apart. I found 3-4 item levels and better stat optimisation from stuff in my bags over LFR tier made a huge difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    I am so frustrated about those felhunters I hid my pitlord around the corner, and started AoEing the gate only to have one of the damn things ignore my damage, go AROUND the corner i stashed him in, and break my enslave. I am sure I am doing something wrong here, but uncertain as to what. Right now doing this fight as demo and wondering if I shouldn't swap to destro for the better AoE/Burst potential. It also doesn't help that I am attempting this at ilvl 467, but I figure with a purification potion + charge stun the doom I should have more than enough time.

/ragequit for the evening.
    What I do is; completely annihilate the first Fel Hunter with Chaos Bolt nuking. Quickly fear the second and banish the third. Kill the feared one and be preparred for Chaos Bolt and Cataclysm, if you have time to spare you should rebanish before this.
    Oh btw, with this tactic they do devour my Pit's Enslave, but /care shadowfury stun all of it and finish off the felhunter / fear / banish and reenslave before the charge, np.

Deleted
    Adding /targetlasttarget to macros like banish (for doomguards) and enslave will allow it to be cast without changing targets at all, it wont even show that you targeted the pit lord to cast it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    The first wave of felhunters dispels my pit aswell :| Even if he is far away or behind the pillar? wtf
    As Jessika said the felhunters have a huge range of view. I put my pit lord round the left corner beside the boss gateway(where most people put their demonic teleport), but literrally right at the back wall, any further out is asking for trouble and took the felhunters towards right side of the gateway (taking them even slightly into the room will likely give them the tinyest bit of LoS and they will use it happily)
    Last edited by mmocc7ae5c5557; 2013-03-21 at 11:01 AM.