Deleted

Megaera WoL Analysis.

Hello guys, we are actually at 4/12 Bosses and tried Megaera last Wednesday and having some problems.

First, the Blue debuff causes alot problems, also the tanks are dying quite often and i got the feeling that our hpally isnt really using DL to top the tanks.

I play this Boss as Disc and we tried to 3 and 4 man heal the Boss. Also it seems that people running with the blue debuff gets alot of damage from the boss breath attack.

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9701&e=10165

Could anyone look through the logs and possible tell whats wrong?

Deleted
    My advice just from looking at your group setup.

You and the pala take a tank each. Get your shammies to focus on raid healing. Skip frost head entirely and just go Poison -> Fire -> Poison etc.

In that parse your warrior tank died from Megaera's Rage. I assume you are tank swapping on 2 stacks or something. If your tank swap isnt completed within a few seconds the heads will nuke the tanks pretty hard with Megaera's Rage. I tried tank swaps but decided against it in the end for our kill.

Your druid has glyphed FR and this is a magic heavy fight. He could unglyph FR and self heal after breaths.

Deleted
    My guild ended up 4-healing Megaera without killing any frost heads. Didn't use tank swaps either. Had hpala + rshaman on tanks, rdruid on raid and shadow priest went disc and just did atonement/DS/PW:S for rapture the entire fight apart from spirit shell on 6th rampage. Looking at your logs, though, your dps seems a bit lower than ours, which should put more damage on the tanks with more stacks, so might not be viable for you.

Oh, and your palas are not using hand of purity. Why? It's awesome for the tanks when they have high stacks.

Also, Divine Star is awesome on this fight (especially right after an acid bomb) if you're not killing Frost and stacking most of the time. Looking at a similar length wipe to yours when I was still shadow, I had done over 7.5M healing with DS, while your Cascade is at 2.75M. Plus it does damage, which really helps if you're 4-healing.
    Last edited by mmoc10c3f473f3; 2013-03-17 at 01:37 PM.

We did it 3 heals by killing heads in order green>blue>red>blue>red>green>blue and swaping tanks every2 stacks and was quite easy

The Pally's DL usage is fine, he shouldnt be using it very much. His HR usage is a bit high and he would conserve a lot more mana by lowering that. Looks like his numbers are fine to me. As i stated in another post, to me, 4 healing just makes the fight harder, as phases last considerably longer and more raid and tank damage goes out, because of higher stacks. I would stick with 3 healing, and rotate CD's properly. If tank's are dying that's because theyre not using their personal CDs properly, or theyre not calling out for external CD's when they should be. Also have your pally spec into purity if he doesnt already and use that on the tank with the flesh debuff.

Also, it may be worth noting that your druid should spec into heart of the forest or w/e that druid talent is called to make his tranq more effective, because it's basically doing nothing as it sits.

I have to agree with Kunta and say that 4 healing is probably holding you back. I'm not a healer, but when I tanked this we had a lot of discussion about what we planned to do, and we went with 3 heals and used our disc priest. We still didn't get anymore than 3 stacks per head(several times 2) and our members weren't putting out much more dps than your group.

I do have to say that the more green heads you kill, the more you're going to strain your mana. However, you already mentioned that the blue head's beams were an issue. We felt this was the same for our group, and ended up killing G/R/G/R/B/R/G, so as to not have to deal with the dmg output of more than 2 green heads. We had to do very little beam work, and the only thing we put effort into was helping conserve healer mana(My offtank is a DK, the two of us do TONS of self heals) and practicing the execution.

Also tanks cds, as well as externals should be well coordinated. I had my cooldowns setup so that I had All my big cds up for the 6th/7th heads, and was able to use an avert harm/zen med for an earlier rampage. It helped that I could skip cds on the frost head by just using guard, and spamming healing orbs, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...s=9625&e=10062

3 heals (logs of our second kill but we did the same on our first kill)
    G/R/G/R/B/R/B or G

No tanks swaps
    Very easy for the dps, this strat focus on healing. You need 3 good healers and stuff
    I suggest you to try this, BL on the focus Blue or for the last head
    If you stuggle healing the tanks, they can switch for the last 3 heads

I was ilvl 501 for the first kill, 507 for the second

Deleted
    And another evening of wiping.

We tried alot of things. first 5 Trys we was doing 4 mann healing which was shit.

Then we tried this:

G-R-G-R-B-G-R-B/G
    Worked fine so far, much less Problems with the Blue Debuff. Fire debuff wasnt a Problem at all, altough the Raiddamage from Green AOE really drains our mana.

But we always wiped at 6/7 Head. We Played 3 Healers, Tanks had NEVER to switch besides the last 2 Heads, reserved Healing and Raidcooldowns for last rampage and then just Burn the Boss. But always, ALWAYS someone randomly dies. Sometimes its the Firedebuff+Green debuff at the same time, sometimes are the Healers oom and we wipe on the next rampage and so on. It always random deaths.

WoL bugged so no logs, but HPS was: Disc(me)100k HPS , Pally 80-90k HPS, Shaman 80-90k HPS
    Our druid specced into HoTW for Tranq, we used all Healing Cooldowns perfectly (embrace, elemental healing tide, ret was using his 0 AOE heal talent) but somehow we still wiped.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    And another evening of wiping.

We tried alot of things. first 5 Trys we was doing 4 mann healing which was shit.

Then we tried this:

G-R-G-R-B-G-R-B/G
    Worked fine so far, much less Problems with the Blue Debuff. Fire debuff wasnt a Problem at all, altough the Raiddamage from Green AOE really drains our mana.

But we always wiped at 6/7 Head. We Played 3 Healers, Tanks had NEVER to switch besides the last 2 Heads, reserved Healing and Raidcooldowns for last rampage and then just Burn the Boss. But always, ALWAYS someone randomly dies. Sometimes its the Firedebuff+Green debuff at the same time, sometimes are the Healers oom and we wipe on the next rampage and so on. It always random deaths.

WoL bugged so no logs, but HPS was: Disc(me)100k HPS , Pally 80-90k HPS, Shaman 80-90k HPS
    Our druid specced into HoTW for Tranq, we used all Healing Cooldowns perfectly (embrace, elemental healing tide, ret was using his 0 AOE heal talent) but somehow we still wiped.
    Why did the tanks have to swap?? Try doing blue first to ease up on raid damage a bit. B>R>G>R>G>B>G

Also if your hps numbers are indeed that high @ 290k hps between 3 healers your raid is taking WAYYYYYYY too much damage and that's why your healers are oom.

When I opened the log I expected to see atrocious dps, but that's not the case at all, so your issue is very likely tanks (or healing, or maybe people are just standing in fire patches! ). Edit: Unless your dps are padding the meters. They should never touch a head unless it's the designated kill target, only if doing so will increase their singletarget considerably, which is questionable even for afflocks and balance druids in this fight. I'm not a very good log analyzer, so you're going to have to bear with me. I 3healed this on my hdin alt and it was a huge pain in the ass and super healing intense. In the end we tried a few tactics but what we killed it with was just killing all heads from right to left everytime.

What's going to make or break your kill usually is your tanks. If they are not using their cooldowns properly, they will drain your mana, possibly die, and it's going to go to hell in a handbasket. We had a DK tank on that fight, and I know he's actually skilled, but he was a terrible headache to heal. For sake of progress, you could try, for giggles, to have another tankclass do it if you can.

Other things we did to conserve mana was have one healer be the dedicated dispeller. That sounds like a minor thing but if all three healers are dispelling every debuff that is 3 gcds wasted and tons of mana. You don't have to have the same healer dispel constantly; I was doing it a lot but later on asked the others to take over because of increased tank damage (which was my focus during non-rampage phases, though I was incapable of keeping the tanks up alone, the rdruid was raidhealing while helping some with tanks, I was doing tanks mainly while helping some with the raid when there was need, and the priest was doing his atonement shit).

Another thing you have to keep into account, depending on the tactic you use, is space. Space is an issue in this fight and though it does not directly interfere with your healing or dps, it will be a pain to have fire all over the place because you're dispelling too fast, or ice on the most impossible locations. Having healers clear ice is a stupidity that will wipe you, even though it seems fine when nobody died, you get "behind" on healing and that's how seemingly random deaths can happen. Dps should (depending on tactic) however clear the room. Being able to move fast and freely allows more uptime on your healing and dps.

Also, purity is a great talent here, as some have mentioned, as since our monk who was normally the designated purity target was soaking up all the atonement, I ended up using it mostly on our dk tank and later on, on the people with the debuff. It saves a lot on mana to use that as often as you can, it means less panic healing on the dps with the debuff and less spike on our dk tank. Especially at the start of certain rampages the debuff could hit our tank quite painfully, requiring a lot of mana and healing just to keep him up (with a dps death as result, or, if we heal the dps, a tank death), where again purity is excellent.

Make sure tanks are vocal. I know first hand how much it sucks to have a silent tank, but make sure they're the one to call out for sacrifice, ironbark or pain suppression. They know best when the damage will happen and how bad it will be, better than healers, and it takes your mind off planning (and accidentally overlapping) such cooldowns.

Another thing that made the kill for us was figuring out cooldowns. Re-arrange cooldowns if people are dying because this is not working out. Typically, you'll have a rampage later on with few or no raidcooldowns. This is your hero moment - your dps is fine, you'll want hero for your healers. I believe for us this was the second to last head.

The majority of progress on our alts were the order of heads and the healing cooldowns rotation. When that was sorted we had a kill (although not as clean as we'd have liked, but a kill none the less).
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-03-18 at 05:09 AM.

Deleted
    We had a DK tank on that fight, and I know he's actually skilled, but he was a terrible headache to heal. For sake of progress, you could try, for giggles, to have another tankclass do it if you can.
    What? I'd really like to see some logs from this dk, cause I feel confident saying that dks are by far the best tanking class for megaera, I've rarely felt this immortal. I was litterarly staying alive purely from my own healing and random smart heals hitting me now and then (the healers had more healing done on our dps than me). Admittedly this won't be possible for a lesser geared player (I was at ~515 ilvl), but with the ams, glyphed ibf, vamp blood and pooled death strikes (with erw/pact for the non-existant emergencies) you will never have to heal a dk tank for more than a fraction of the damage the breaths do. The normal auto attacks are honestly more dangerous for a dk than the breaths, and they can barely get through our blood shield in the first place.
    Last edited by mmoc321e539296; 2013-03-18 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    What? I'd really like to see some logs from this dk, cause I feel confident saying that dks are by far the best tanking class for megaera, I've rarely felt this immortal. I was litterarly staying alive purely from my own healing and random smart heals hitting me now and then (the healers had more healing done on our dps than me). Admittedly this won't be possible for a lesser geared player (I was at ~515 ilvl), but with the ams, glyphed ibf, vamp blood and pooled death strikes (with erw/pact for the non-existant emergencies) you will never have to heal a dk tank for more than a fraction of the damage the breaths do. The normal auto attacks are honestly more dangerous for a dk than the breaths, and they can barely get through our blood shield in the first place.
    DKs are up there on this fight, but sorry to say I think monks are the best at this fight.

The most damage a brewmaster will ever take from a breath is threw fortifying brew. Every other breath is 90-100% absorbed by glyphed Gaurd, diffuse magic is used between Gaurds on first head for 90% reduction, zen meditation for 90% reduction on 2nd head, diffuse magic again on 3rd, fortifying brew on 4th then repeat over again.

And once a breath is over you usually have a 10+ stack of elusive brew to pop and you will avoid the vast majority of melee hits until the next breath.

Chi Burst with high venegeance is also amazing for topping off the raid during a rampage.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2013-03-18 at 06:47 AM.

4 heal it and go Poison>Fire>Poison>Fire. Have your tanks do a tank swap at 3 stacks. Makes the fight a complete joke. 4 healing it while still killing Frost heads is a huge mistake.
    Last edited by Teye; 2013-03-18 at 06:51 AM.

We go with GRGRGRB with 3 healers, with our tank(only have 504 ilvl) tanking red head only have 2,2,1(we bloodlust on last red head) ignite flesh debuff. Get ur tanks to switch to 2 stamina trinkets instead of mastery trinket for more health in this fight.

Deleted
    We dont 4 Heal it as i stated above.

We are going 3 Man healing and tanks have to never swap because the Heads are dead BEFORE the 3 debuff.

We just wipe on the last 2 Heads because people are randomly dying, as example our Hpally stood in the fire voidzone, stood in the middle of poison nove etc and got alwas oneshoted. Tanks arent dying anymore.

Also we dont have any mana left because of the huge amount of raidamage from poison nova. Thats causing a wipe on the last rampage.

I feel like the Green AOE Nova is way to much damage since at head 6/7 it comes roughly every 5 seconds and becomes unhealable, lucky we have the damage to bring the head down fast enough but we go with 30% HP in Rampage and then we have first to top people against rampage and shit.

I am also using Spiritshell in the Normal phase at head 6/7 to dump the poison nova damage but its still far to much. It becomes overwhelming at some point and suddenly people are dying. Our Tanks more or less never die, its always a DD with firedebuff+Poison Nove at the same time or other people with random stuff.

10 man just sucks, you can BR someone but if a healer dies, the Raid wipes very shortly after. in 25 mans in not even close to be such a big problem...
    Last edited by mmoc4dd62270d8; 2013-03-18 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    we 2.5 healed GRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGR (and we're not massively overgeared, both around 500 ilvl when we killed it first)

ele drops healing rains on aoe, ppl use personal cd's, etc.

have 1 grp with 1 minute def cd's, other without for PoH
    Use bubbles, aura mastery, smoke bomb, rallying cry etc.
    Personal cd's whenever up. blabla

edit: so for your grp:

grp1: paladins, rogue, hunter, druid
    grp2: main poh target - others
    def cd's like ancestral shift/dispersion in the rotation instead of a major cd

you have barrier, AMx2, smoke bomb, tranq, rallying cry - covers 6 of them. first 2 don't matter

so 3: AM+Barrier, 4: Tranq+cry, 5 Smoke bomb+AM, 6: AM+Barrier, 7 whatevers up.

u have ss for all, wings for some, blabla.

Also, why are people using healing not dps pots? Pala should EF more, it's pretty strong there. Also, i'd question your gemming for this fight
    Last edited by mmocd7449ed493; 2013-03-18 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    How about ignore Green until head 5/6 and only do Blue and Red?

i would put the caster back at maxrange, same with the healers, who gets the blue debuff just runs out to the back of the room and if he is quick, he will get ZERO damage.
    Also you have free room infront of the bosses the gather the raid for rampage. More or less the only damage you will get is from the Firedebuff and you dont have to care about green nova at all(except for the last seconds of the fight)

How would you deal with the Green Tankdebuff? Swapping early?

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 08:36 PM ----------

Okay we oneshoted the Boss. Only Blue and Red and in the End Green, also Switched the Warri for a Prot Pally.