Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Key to the Palace of Lei Shen

hey guys i just killed over 40 rares in Isle of Thunder and still haven't seen a single key. I read in many forums that you can get more than one key per weekend as long as they are not from the same source eg. 1 from chest, 1 from rare, and even from daily quests (arcane trove) if you are lucky. However it just doesn't work for me. I got one key on wednesday from some chest that spawns around the island, finished scenario and been farming rares since then. Any idea if the maybe hotfixed it?

The chance is supposed to be really, really, really small. I wouldn't waste time trying to farm for one, you'll only drive yourself insane/burn yourself out. Just enjoy the almost guaranteed first key per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're just having really bad luck, or i'm just having really good luck.

Each week ive gotten them on my first rare, and the Sunreaver construct drops the pet every time lol.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by redmund View Post
    The chance is supposed to be really, really, really small. I wouldn't waste time trying to farm for one, you'll only drive yourself insane/burn yourself out. Just enjoy the almost guaranteed first key per week.
    I would have to agree with this. Don't farm it. Just toast one while you're doing your dailies everyday if you do them. if you don't get one by Sunday then start farming for it.

he said "I read in many forums that you can get more than one key per weekend" so he was asking about a second one, and to answer like the other said yeah the drop rate after the first one is suposely extremely low

I got mines on my first and only rare kill. (If those are the ones you summon with 3 stones).

Yeah low drop chance, your best bet is the weekly chest, rares and trove (last daily) I got one the first week from a chest, never saw another that week, and I got one from a chest again this week, followed by one off a rare. I got lucky. But my friend didn't get one at all in the first week, and only just got his first one today from a chest.

Wouldn't drive yourself bonkers farming them, just do your thing and be pleasantly surprised when/if one drops for you. Goodluck^

You can get one from killing creatures on the Isle of Thunder once per week. After that, no creature will ever drop another one. You can, however, occasionally get additional keys from the personal chest rewarded for completing the daily chain, or by finding a Trove of the Thunder King which are hidden around the island. You can only find one Trove per week, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killed some named elite saurok last night and got the key off it, first try and it was an accident that we tangled with it in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    First kill of the week is instant drop, second is rare as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    i got a key on my very first kill on the island on my mage earlier :P

i suck at the scenario thing though, i dont know how to open the door at the end, and i opened nearly every check in the first room and i didn't get any thing good, mostly gold and some bits of paper. only 3keys for the chests at the end

Deleted
    I'm doing dailies on 2 chars, not kiling any rares, and so far got key from a random mob while questing on 2 chars both weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

i suck at the scenario thing though, i dont know how to open the door at the end, and i opened nearly every check in the first room and i didn't get any thing good, mostly gold and some bits of paper. only 3keys for the chests at the end
    You can buy a key from your faction once you are exalted. It costs 3 elder charms.

Finding a key from a mob drop (rare or normal) is a once a week occurrence. The rares have a higher drop chance but if you get a key dropped from a normal mob then the rares will not drop a key. It is supposedly possible to get a second key from the gold chests (Trove of the Thunder King, also one chest per week), from the chest from the final daily, or from the chests dropped by the summonable mini-bosses (the ones at graves, not the stone summons) but I cannot confirm any of these as I have only gotten 1 key per week from mobs/rare on 3 characters.

Here's a macro that will show if you've got the key and found a gold chest.
    Code:
    /run for k, v in pairs({ ScenarioKey = 32626, GoldChest = 32609}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000No\124r")) end
    note: the Trove of the Thunder King tracking quest seems to have a delay of ~20 seconds for some strange reason. So it might not show as completed immediately after opening a chest. I don't know if its possible to open a second chest in this time frame. Might be possible if you have 2 chest locations mapped out and can reach the second shortly after opening first.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

There is a lever beside the steps up to the door to open the first door. The second door (off to the right) can be opened by another lever near a door off to the left.
    Last edited by autopsy; 2013-03-17 at 05:33 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    dunno how many u can get, but i got 4 in a week... 1 off a rare, 1 from when u finish dailys from chest, one from a trove on island I found when I was running and accidently pulled mobs that knocked me off and ran a litle more, and into a chest and got key from it and from a mob I killed right ontop of the chest.. not sure if that was some weird bug or idiotic luck lol.

Week before guildie got 2 keys, 1 from rare, 1 from chest.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Deleted
    Was insanely lucky this week, I always duo the isle with a friend, but got my weekly chest which contained a key, so rushed off to do it.
    Then we done the dailies and in final chest box was another key.
    Felt bad friend didnt get one this week tho :/

Yeah, key should drop on first rare kill of the week (provided you haven't gotten one from another mob yet), though looting rares is definitely buggy. As far as I know, you can only get that one dropped key a week. Blue source. My first week with the rare though, I saw the key, but couldn't loot it at the time for some strange reason. Then I was kicked out of the loot window and unable to loot the mob before it disappeared, eventually I got another key drop from a rare, but that is almost certainly due to the fact that I didn't loot the first key.

You can however get them from troves at the end of the daily chain on the island (got one today) and from the troves found around the island. Though as has been said before, besides a glitch of some sort, you should only be able to find a single trove a week.

So far I've gotten 2 keys both weeks. One from a rare and one from troves at the end of the dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    Though as has been said before, besides a glitch of some sort, you should only be able to find a single trove a week.
    This just happened to me. O.o Found two troves within a few minutes of each other. Both in the same minizone. A friend of mine claimed the same thing happened to him a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't believe it at first. Odd.

Deleted
    I usually get them on my first kill off the rares on my characters, so that's weird indeed. :S

I got 2 from one rare the other day. That was a good day indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by anuhk View Post
    I usually get them on my first kill off the rares on my characters, so that's weird indeed. :S
    Basically every week it's almost a guarantee that you will get a key off your first rare for the week. If you get a chest instead, same deal, you usually get a key. But, you can only get one off of a rare or a chest. So if you kill a rare and get a key, if you loot a chest somewhere on the isle, you won't get a key, and vice versa. Now a second key is possible from an arcane trove, but it's a low chance. Between 2-4% apparently. I've gotten one from an arcane trove before. Being that you can get two arcane troves in stage 4, you have a chance of getting 3 keys at the start of every Tuesday, though it would be insanely rare. lol Basically just continue doing the dailies every day and hope you get another key for the week.