Poll: What was your favorite tier of WoW to this point?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Why is 5.0 tier not in the poll? I find it one of the best ones ever, especially with MV (fights that can be fun to tank, not a lot of trash, Elegon), I'm sure some people would pick this one.

But for me, Ulduar is still the best raid. ToT is an awesome place, and a close second, but the trash (very fun to play with and intense, but simply too much) and way too many add fights kinda lower the score. Plus, ToT is as linear as a raid can get - Ulduar was an open place, you went where you wanted to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    somethingI cant figure out about blizzard is Ulduar has been hailed as the pinnacle of raids/teir content yet they deviated so far from it. There is not a single person that I have met on wow that did not love ulduar. The scale, the fights, the music and yet blizzard alaways seems to undershoot it and not return to what the commuinty enjoyed.

"So I hear you like this raid design and these mechanics? Well we wont be doing that anymore so enjoy everything you dont like."
    That's because most of the mechanics were stupidly simple in Ulduar with the only chalenge being gear checks. You have one vehicle fight, six tank-and-spank fights, and five fights that were actually challenging. As someone who cleared it when it was current content, I can tell you that the enjoyment of Ulduar largely depended on what class you were playing. As a Mage, I found the entire instance stupidly frustrating. Oh we're doing Freya tonight? Guess I need to go Frost for Ice Barrier so I don't get one-shot. Oh we're doing Thorim and Hodir? Let me go get my stupid Frost resist gear ready. Oh my DPS is bad tonight? Well, my set bonus isn't proccing off my procs so my DPS isn't great.

All in all what helped Ulduar the most was how SHORT it was current content. This still gives it a mystique since so few were able to clear it fully when it was current. This isn't helped by a major part of it being up for only 60 minutes per week. Was it a good instance? Damn straight it was. Was it the best ever? Shit no.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafffles View Post
    Kinda funny how popular the second raid has been the past few expansions. People liked Lich King, sure, but in all the polls I've seen Ulduar is more popular, and Naxx was the 'rehashed' raid. Dragon Soul didn't seem too popular in Cataclysm, whereas Firelands was pretty popular. Now MoP, granted we have no idea what the last tier will be like or finished ToT, but it sure seems to be pretty popular so far. Obviously some people would disagree, but the general consensus seems to keep picking the second raid as favorite. I wonder if that's just chance, or if it's in a development sweet spot, whereas first and last raid tiers are distracted by expansion development possibly.
    My guess it's because last raids tend to last way too long, and people are more interested in next expansion then progressing for no reason.
    Can't really say ICC was worst then Ulduar, definitelly better then ToC and Naxx though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    My guess it's because last raids tend to last way too long, and people are more interested in next expansion then progressing for no reason.
    Can't really say ICC was worst then Ulduar, definitelly better then ToC and Naxx though.
    I am one of the few that actually liked ToC. For me it was like Ulduar > ICC=ToC

Deleted
    For me is Ulduar. Simply unique because this ...Red!!Button>
    Every encounter was well designed.
    Right now With the ..Heroic version by 1 switch...Well. 2 Slacky.

Not voting on this just yet since I haven't progressed much at all with my guild, but so far so good for ToT, imo. Do I think it will top Ulduar? I don't expect it to. Therefore, if it does, then it would be quite a pleasant surprise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkblazer View Post
    For me is Ulduar. Simply unique because this ...Red!!Button>
    Every encounter was well designed.
    Right now With the ..Heroic version by 1 switch...Well. 2 Slacky.
    so pressing this goddamn button wasn't 1 switch then? "omagad I pressed the button, so epic, best raid eva"

so pressing this goddamn button wasn't 1 switch then? "omagad I pressed the button, so epic, best raid eva"
    It's his opinion, take or leave it, you cannot debate it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

It's an amazing tier, but I still think Sunwell and Ulduar were better. I judge mostly by the "epic feeling" effect.

Deleted
    Yes. It is the little things in life...

+ Pressing the button was epic. Fire everywhere and shit.

As of now, 27% voted for ToT... I am flabbergasted and sad. Oh well, this game is about popular opinion as that what gets people to subscribe in larger numbers and make them more money. I guess I am one of the minorities that they are missing the mark on. At least Neverwinter has a new MMO coming out soon and GW 2 has better PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Catasylah View Post
    As of now, 27% voted for ToT... I am flabbergasted and sad. Oh well, this game is about popular opinion as that what gets people to subscribe in larger numbers and make them more money. I guess I am one of the minorities that they are missing the mark on. At least Neverwinter has a new MMO coming out soon and GW 2 has better PvP.
    What is exactly wrong with liking ToT?

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't vote yet, too early. We've progressed to Ji-Kun and it's not bad. I like the environmental changes, the trash is annoyig after a bit. If it's annoying now, it'll be worse later.

I really liked Ulduar. The challenge was not in the heroic vs normal. It was the switches you would do by choice to up the ante. That was the creative part. Currently mind set is heroics are expected not choices. Way it is I guess.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    What is exactly wrong with liking ToT?
    Well as "liking" anything is an opinion absolutely nothing! It is just my opinion that it is not the "best tier yet" as the thread is named and I don't think it is in the running. So with the popular opinion being different than my opinion I don't think I am much longer in the World of Warcraft. I hope I answered your question