Poll: What was your favorite tier of WoW to this point?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    No disrespect to ToT or people in this thread, but I really hope that everyone understands that raiding Ulduar at level 85 or 90 is absolutely not even close to raiding Ulduar in ilvl 213s when it was current content.

I understand that a lot of the Wotlk raiders are gone, and I understand that even fewer people actually experience Ulduar during Wotlk, but I can assure you that it isn't just nostalgia that keeps Ulduar as everyone's favorite.... it was just an amazing raid.

ToT is good, and I understand people have different opinions, but every time someone mentions DS or FL in the same rank as Ulduar I want to kill a puppy. Blizzard is doing a good job with current tiers, but they still don't live up to Ulduar (while it was current... killing all the bosses in ilvl 500s or soloing the bosses is not at all the same).
    I did raid during Ulduar

and so far I still rank ToT higher, I am only on Tortos at the moment, but I've enjoyed every fight this tier so far.

I really don't like Tortos or Horridon
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    So you never looked for the lore scrolls, or listened to the quests while going through the new zones? This expac is supposed to have the whole "Lost World" feel to it which I think is awesome, and think they delivered on 100%. I'm sorry that all the characters you saw in WC 1 and 2 have become Mary Sues but that's no reason to hate on MoP, which has a giant WEALTH of new lore.
    First, your assumption is wrong. I did read the scrolls and I read almost all quest texts. For me the problem is it is "new lore" as you stated; there is no background to these stories, we have had no exposure and it doesn't really effect our traditional Azeroth. The original villains were not "Mary Sues" which is a ridiculous term that is laced with ignorant connotations if you really want to get into this argument the Thunder so-called-King is the worst example. I really don't understand why he is even worthy of a raid: We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.

Had some great fun running Black Temple, Ulduar and ICC. Sadly we never got to clear Ulduar before ToC came

My vote will be for ICC, loved fighting my favorite faction in the Warcraft series.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    somethingI cant figure out about blizzard is Ulduar has been hailed as the pinnacle of raids/teir content yet they deviated so far from it. There is not a single person that I have met on wow that did not love ulduar. The scale, the fights, the music and yet blizzard alaways seems to undershoot it and not return to what the commuinty enjoyed.

"So I hear you like this raid design and these mechanics? Well we wont be doing that anymore so enjoy everything you dont like."

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    You realize the only people who put ulduar over sunwell are people who didn't do sunwell? I love ulduar but Karazhan before all the nerfs was a better raid. Hell I think TBC had the best raids in the game still to this date. however ulduar is a behind those and what I have seen of ToT is amazing.
    Hi, I did Sunwell while it was current and was in charge of rosters every single night we went in there from the day it came out up until Wrath released............and I still think Ulduar blew it out of the water.

They already said they aren't doing hardmodes again. Too hard to think of different mechanics for the hardmodes AND heroics. It's like trying to make 36 bosses out of 13.
    Yeah. I mean, why go for immersion in an RPG when you can just take the easy way out?

Edit: Hard modes AND heroics? You do realize that "heroic" in Ulduar meant 25-man, and that the Hard Modes of Ulduar became what we now call heroics, right? The only meaningful difference between heroics now and hard modes of Ulduar is that you activated the hard modes of Ulduar by doing or not doing something in the fight, instead of using an interface toggle.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2013-03-17 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    somethingI cant figure out about blizzard is Ulduar has been hailed as the pinnacle of raids/teir content yet they deviated so far from it. There is not a single person that I have met on wow that did not love ulduar. The scale, the fights, the music and yet blizzard alaways seems to undershoot it and not return to what the commuinty enjoyed.

"So I hear you like this raid design and these mechanics? Well we wont be doing that anymore so enjoy everything you dont like."
    Hated Ulduar with a passion bordering on maniacal. It was an absolute nightmare for us, really, really awful. Was better on 10m (overgearing the hell out of the heroics :P). Simply put, there are raids out there who raid with friends who aren't very good. Blizzard supported them in Naxx; and rejected them in Ulduar; then supported them the rest of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post

It helps when you've been working on it months before the expansion is released, and your first tier of the xpac is an almost exact copy of another and your third tier involved no effort at all to make.

Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    not so impressed so far.. ulduar, icc.. hell the whole lich king era was much better.. again.. whos thunder king? what did he do?
    Is not like we knew much about Yogg-Saron before Ulduar you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Catasylah View Post
    The Thunder so-called-King is the worst example. I really don't understand why he is even worthy of a raid: We have felled demon commanders, cowed the master of death, conquered Old Gods, and stopped the Aspect of Death from destroying the very planet. Now, we need to kill this dude who managed to enslave pudding eating panda's, slobbering sauroks, and hilariously inept hozen. Awesome. Really epic.
    It's a bit long, but I think you finally gave me a quote to use as my sig. Thanks.

Opening AQ40 sucked. Period. Anyone that said it was awesome has their memory clouded with nostalgia. It was literally everyone on your faction grinding mats for one guild to get anything. At. All. That was sucky design, but seeing as it was Classic, it is to be expected, they hadn't learned yet. Kara is nice, but Ulduar is better and WAS better than Kara(not saying Kara is bad by any means, except the Chess Game, it can burn in hell) and personally I believe ToT IS better than BT and Naxx in it's entirety.
    Maybe it was shit on your server but not mine.
    You scrubs that scream this 'nostalgia' and 'rose tinted goggle' crap are becoming outdated and boring....its like saying to someone 'Remember all the good times you had when you was a child?....well you should forget about it.' There is alot of people that come to these forums that like to remember the past as well as the present,then people like 'you' try to bring them down.
    P.s i hope you have seen the whole of what tot has to offer before making assumptions on how better you think it is.
    Last edited by Suggs; 2013-03-17 at 10:28 PM.

I think TOT is certainly the best raid since Ulduar but not sure if it's actually better or not. I like it and I liked Ulduar and that's all I can say.

Deleted
    The bosses are good. the lore is good. the whole "Storming (C whut i did here) the Thunder kings Citadel is good. Getting in to his palace to fall down into the sewers and spend the time there from 4th boss - 10nth...Not that fun. I expected to see more of his actual place. Not his basement.

Deleted
    I think as a raid it will be ToT over Ulduar. Yes Ulduar was an epic, raid and stuff. But when I look at the fact that a lot of people didn't even see normal Yogg-saron let alone do Heroic, then my vote definitely goes to ToT for the sole fact that while still being accessible to a lot of guilds it delivers a good punch of difficulty past Jin'rokh (Except for Twins, which feels like a breeze of hot air after Iron Qon).

Im not that far in, but this raid seems to consist of more staring at the ground looking for cirlces of bad than any raid Ive ever done. Its really annoying and Im feeling a burnout coming real soon.

The simple fact that this raid is beating sunwell in this poll just goes to show how many players have left this game and that those that are still here have no clue what a good raid is.

Anyway Ulduar > ToT by miles.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    The simple fact that this raid is beating sunwell in this poll just goes to show how many players have left this game and that those that are still here have no clue what a good raid is.

Anyway Ulduar > ToT by miles.
    Played in BC, Loved Kara, Hated Sunwell

Whats up