Poll: What was your favorite tier of WoW to this point?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Yeah. I mean, why go for immersion in an RPG when you can just take the easy way out?

Edit: Hard modes AND heroics? You do realize that "heroic" in Ulduar meant 25-man, and that the Hard Modes of Ulduar became what we now call heroics, right? The only meaningful difference between heroics now and hard modes of Ulduar is that you activated the hard modes of Ulduar by doing or not doing something in the fight, instead of using an interface toggle.
    You realize preferring "hard modes" over "heroics" is ridiculous in terms of RP. YOu want to know how you activated those "hard modes"? They were as artificial as setting the difficulty to heroic:

0. Flame Leviathan: Don't kill any of the towers on the way to him.
    1. XT - Kill the heart which comes out instead of not killing it. Easier than normal mode because you didn't need to do any add management.
    2. IC: Kill them in a different order.
    3. Kologarn: God, I can't even remember...don't kill the arms? Did he even have a hard mode?
    4. Hodir: Kill him quicker.
    5. Thorim: kill the corridor quicker, which was a non-issue since the corridor people were sitting there for 30s anyways to prevent hard mode from triggering in normals.
    6. Freya: Don't kill the trash.
    7. Mimiron: Push the big button. I mean, really?
    8. Vezax: don't kill the adds and let it coalesce
    9. Yogg: Don't use any of the keeper's help.

The good/innovative thing about hard modes was not how you activated them (because those were all trivial), but that they added new phases and dynamics to fights to make them tougher. Which is what heroics do, but with removing the ridiculously contrived activation mechanic and making it a UI toggle.

Sometimes I think people who have all this nostalgia never really completed these raids. Karazhan had more trash than ToT, and more trash which was a pain in the ass. So did BT. Having done Yogg0 and Observer while current, I can tell you that ToT ranks right up there with Ulduar, thematically, design-wise, and far outranks it mechanically. And yes, I have completed ToT (normal, obvi). It might get even better with heroics, obviously haven't finished those yet.

Karazhan had more trash than ToT, and more trash which was a pain in the ass.
    Before they made those valets in front of the Opera CC-able, we spent more time wiping to them than we did to the Opera itself.

From what I've seen, I really like the ToT raid. The bosses are different, the environment is well designed. I'll reserve judgement on it until I've at least cleared the place on normal though.

i voted throne of thunder, why? cuz dinosawrs thas whay @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I don't usually like to go with the crowd, but I have to say for me Ulduar was the coolest raid ever. Closely followed by Kara and Naxx. ToT sure seems fun though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I vote ICC mostly due tot he Lich King encounter. That fight was incredibly fun. Firelands would come in a close second, and Throne would come in third. Sorry, Ulduar comes in fourth for me. Yogg was kind of boring to me.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

It's between Ulduar and Throne of Thunder for me. It's too close to call at the moment though!

Kinda funny how popular the second raid has been the past few expansions. People liked Lich King, sure, but in all the polls I've seen Ulduar is more popular, and Naxx was the 'rehashed' raid. Dragon Soul didn't seem too popular in Cataclysm, whereas Firelands was pretty popular. Now MoP, granted we have no idea what the last tier will be like or finished ToT, but it sure seems to be pretty popular so far. Obviously some people would disagree, but the general consensus seems to keep picking the second raid as favorite. I wonder if that's just chance, or if it's in a development sweet spot, whereas first and last raid tiers are distracted by expansion development possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by rodney View Post
    not so impressed so far.. ulduar, icc.. hell the whole lich king era was much better.. again.. whos thunder king? what did he do?
    Really not our fault you didn't do a single quest in pandaria obviously....... Most recently the krasarang daily storyline, but the thunder king appears all over pandaria in quests. You can't expect to know lore if you're not even noticing it when it's dancing naked in front of you, biting you in the nose while farting loudly

But yeah so far I'm enjoying this tier, but I find I always have a much better judgement of a tier afterwards, especially because during you tend to get worn out. We're at 3 heroic so far, and the only boss I loathe with a passion is, as we so 12-yearoldly dubbed it Dark Anus. T14 was too big for my taste, Ulduar was great but had flaws on itself. I think I personally loved Firelands more, also because I always like fire themes and I loved a lot of encounters, having great memories for that tier in general.

But so far ToT is very promising.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-03-18 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Really not our fault you didn't do a single quest in pandaria obviously....... Most recently the krasarang daily storyline, but the thunder king appears all over pandaria in quests. You can't expect to know lore when you're not even noticing it if it's dancing naked in front of you, biting you in the nose while farting loudly

But yeah so far I'm enjoying this tier, but I find I always have a much better judgement of a tier afterwards, especially because during you tend to get worn out. We're at 3 heroic so far, and the only boss I loathe with a passion is, as we so 12-yearoldly dubbed it Dark Anus. T14 was too big for my taste, Ulduar was great but had flaws on itself. I think I personally loved Firelands more, also because I always like fire themes and I loved a lot of encounters, having great memories for that tier in general.

But so far ToT is very promising.
    the thunder kings one awesome doggy man, kickin a titanic watchers butt, conquering the jinyu empire, designing the wall to keep the mantid out, creating the saurok and the grummles, and enslaving the most awesomest of races the pandaren, and also become super pals with the super trolls.

BEWARE TEH TUNDA KING BRUDDAS @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I've only downed the first boss on normal and of course, only done the first 3 bosses in LFR, so I can't say anything yet. But what I will say is, IMO anyways, Kara is the best raid ever and it's not an option in this poll. I guess I would go with Ulduar though. It was amazing also.

Deleted
    One of. They definitely nailed the feeling and sense of scale with it.

SSC/TK (not in the poll?), Ulduar, ICC, not necessarily in that order.
    ToT is pretty good too.
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2013-03-18 at 12:38 PM.

i love how like 90% of the people replying to this are people who are only like 3-4/12 in ToT. give it time. clear the place, work on heroics, then see how you feel.

Fights wise, it's one of the best, aesthetics wise (subjective really) it's not my favourite - in fact, I'd put it toward the lower end of things.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    As someone who doesn't like doing dailies the Isle of Thunder is really great... i wish they would have done something like that in wotlk or cataclysm when wow was "bigger" and more people were playing it.
    ToT is great too biggest instance since ICC.. hardmodes look promising.
    But i would have like 1-2 5mans incl. Challengemodes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    As someone who doesn't like doing dailies the Isle of Thunder is really great... i wish they would have done something like that in wotlk or cataclysm when wow was "bigger" and more people were playing it.
    Ehr. Argent Tournament says hi?

Firelands says hi?

Deleted
    Having fond memories of vanilla naxx, BT, and ICC. However, unequipping the rose tinted glasses and nostalgia i probably have to say Throne of Thunder is the most well made raid yet, that place so so well designed and impressively big. I also found all 12 bosses to be quite fun and diverse.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    How many here have gotten past Ji-Kun and beyond? You can't judge ToT by being stuck on Council. Durumu is a great fight, same with Dark Animus. Iron Qon is a bit of a pain, same with the trash leading to Ji-Kun through Iron Qon. Only part I don't like is some trash here and there, but so far this is an incredible raid.

Deleted
    from what I've done so far ToT seems really we designed and diverse, just gotta see what the heroics will be like. although i do still need too read up on what the thunder king actually did in the lore.