Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New ideas for World of Warcraft to make it more accessible?

In my view, World of Warcraft has become more accessible than it has been since its dawn in 2004. In Burning Crusade, we were given Daily Quests for more stuff to do a day, Heroics to do more challenging dungeons, flying mounts and Badges of Justice.

Wrath of the Lich King brought us the Emblems of Heroism/Valor/Conquest/Triumph/Frost, Dual Talents, PvP Zone with optional raid, zone phasing for story purposes, the ability to change your hair in-game and Dungeon Finder.

Cataclysm turned those badges and emblems into Justice Points, made certain classes more available for various races(Ex: Hunters for Humans, Mages for Orcs), Reforging, simplified stats, Transmog for cosmetic looks and Raid Finder for beginner raiders.

Mists of Pandaria has brought to us Scenarios(Which turned out to be more popular than Heroics), Pet Battles for those Pokemon fans, Challenge Modes for those wanting to beat their time in Heroic Dungeons, Companions and Mounts now account bound(With some exceptions) and the return of World Bosses.

And there are some features I may have missed out on talking about.

Beyond that, what would you guys like to see in a future WoW Patch/Expansion?

I would like to see Transmog gear give the ability to change color, the ability to replay classic dungeons/raids the old fashion way by ether scaling the player down to that level or the dungeon/raid up to the player's level, and more Solo Scenarios.

I think for new people, transition from LFR to Normal can be frightening.

Normal-Heroic is kind of natural, as you mostly already have the group and is a more linear progression path.

LFR CAN help new players learn basic mechanics of the boss (if they pay attention), but getting in to a group/getting accepted by a group with only LFR experience can be hard.

I can't think off the top of my head how Blizzard could tackle this issue. Yes, there a are a LOT of LFR players who are happy where they are, but I've seen a lot of ppl interested in moving up, but stuggle with making the transition, especially if they are new to the game (which the game/raiding scene needs to survive)

Make it free? Do they have to wait till they can't make a profit out of it to make it free? Tho the amount of retards would be doubled if that was to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Make it free? Do they have to wait till they can't make a profit out of it to make it free? Tho the amount of retards would be doubled if that was to happen.
    If they did that, they should take a page from Valve's book with more novelty items for a quick buck(Ex: new Transmog gear, more Companions/Mounts)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sports? Take a page from Blood bowl

I think we will actually see down scaling for old school raids, which will be SUPER AWESOME! I think we might see a racing mini game put into the game, using certain ground mounts if not all of them we see hints of this from Cloud Serpent dailys. Player housing, since the Sunsong ranch was a bit hit. A second neutral race, perhaps Ethereals. Finally I think we will see rare elite mobs not only growing in HP when more players attack them, but them evolving, alot like in boarder lands and GW2.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also: Dance studio

I want to be able to hide or, even better transmog, enchant glows. I also want a hide shoulder option. Blizzard contantly doesn't use shoulder armor on npcs to make them look better, it's time to give players the option to hide shoulder armor too.

Quote Originally Posted by SaburoDaimando View Post
    If they did that, they should take a page from Valve's book with more novelty items for a quick buck(Ex: new Transmog gear, more Companions/Mounts)
    Go the whole hog. Move the game to a B2P system with the next expac and copy GW2's gem/gold conversion system. I'd (probably) pay for that.

Reduce the number of abilities a character has at any one time; every class has fifty bajillion buttons
    Bake "required" addons into the game; things like uptime bars, AH mods, Bartender
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Free server transfers and faction transfers. Use cool downs instead of paying money. It costs them nothing and it's completely automated. I'd play right now if doing these two things would let me bring my character to the realm/faction my friends are playing on, and it'd bring in a lot of others. The main reason people play WoW is to play with their friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    The day World of Warcraft becomes free, is the day I'll stop playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love a way to scale down my toons to match the content, more class/race combos (gnome hunters ftw!) and for the game to do a better job of teaching people about their classes. Currently, as an example, the only way to learn how to effectively tank is either trial and error (much to the suffering of people with you) or coming to forums and reading guides. IMO the game itself should have an option to teach people some basics about how to play a given class/spec. The game has class trainers... put them to use, I say.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terresa View Post
    The day World of Warcraft becomes free, is the day I'll stop playing it.
    That's fine, I'm sure there'd be plenty of others that start playing it to make up for you leaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they want to improve the quality of LFR, they could make a normal LFR and a Heroic version (with slightly better loot). This would encourage those who want to "normal raid" but don't have time to do the Heroic version, leaving the AFK LFR Heroes in the reg version. Nothing in this game will ever be 100% jerk free, but it might help separate the LFR casual from the "not ready for regular raiding" LFR heroic raider. Just my 2 cents.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's two ways to take this.

1. Make the game easier. More free 90s, F2P, LF for EVERYTHING.

2. Fun. Make LFR non-mandatory, roll back the daily changes in MoP. Pretty much roll the gearing process back to Cata. Keep everything else as is.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

What exactly in "inaccessible"? Almost everything is extremely accessible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    What exactly in "inaccessible"? Almost everything is extremely accessible.
    I'm just guessing in the opening line discussing dailies vs classic content, that the ilvl requirements and gear gating for content seems to limit the content playable by the most casual of players. This person advocates that Cataclysm was a much simpler time for players and their alts to be fully geared and raiding without the requirements of dailies. Not sure that I agree with the OP on most points, but eventually, all content gets nerfed into single-player (or 2 man) stuff.

Easier gearing of alts. ( EG, in lfr, you win loot more often, if its the 2nd toon to run that raid that week.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Give us ability to convince bosses into commiting suicide fallout/naruto style. Example "Garrosh you have no friends, go, die" and tadam we get free loot. Because who would want to waste 15 minutes on some boring fight ?
    Give us ability to phase into our very own version of world. Rare mobs for everyone !!! + We dont like to interact with other players anyway.
    Give us ability to get one achievment of our choice per week. You think that high overlord sounds cool but hate pvp ? There you go buddy.
    Let our battle pets grow, so we can assign them to boring things we dont want to do. Pandaren fire spirit !! You are doing shado-pan dailies today. Fishy !!! Go gather some herbs for me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd love a way to scale down my toons to match the content, more class/race combos (gnome hunters ftw!) and for the game to do a better job of teaching people about their classes. Currently, as an example, the only way to learn how to effectively tank is either trial and error (much to the suffering of people with you) or coming to forums and reading guides. IMO the game itself should have an option to teach people some basics about how to play a given class/spec. The game has class trainers... put them to use, I say.
    A lot of us would love to see the ability to scale down to previous content all in the name of challenge. I am one of em. In fact, there are some dungeons/raids that were very fun to do at those levels rather than just soloing em.