Poll: Best Tank for 25 Man

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Strongest Tank

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I do not DKs being #2. They are #4 at best IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post

AMZ, I would not call it huge, as it only reduces about 150-200k damage total that is 20k from each player. As a paladin I can drop my lights hammer it heals for over 1000% more.
    I personally find amz pretty bad as well. If you mistime it just the slightest bit chances are just way too good that all of its effect gets used by random small aura or dot ticks not even mentioning that you have to give up purgatory to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniwa View Post
    I would say the strongest tank was the german panther in WWII, but thats just me

HAHA, you are a funny one!

On Topic:
    I would say that Protection Paladins are the strongest tank. I never really raided much, but when I did PvE as Protection on my Paladin, I felt that I was better than most other tanks. Not saying that the other tanks are bad, there are definitely very skilled tanks out there who play other classes. I just feel that generally, Paladins excel at tanking!

10+ Year Old Account
    Strongest maybe paladin...but his playstyle it's slow as hell, and that's why i love warrior style of tanking, charges/leaps/safeguard, it's the right feeling for me

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Strongest maybe paladin...but his playstyle it's slow as hell, and that's why i love warrior style of tanking, charges/leaps/safeguard, it's the right feeling for me
    If you play prot pala with haste build you will never run out of buttons.

Im playing druid and im kinda sick people asking for only DK tanks for CMs all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I'm just a bit confused here...ShotR does not reduce any damage from Magic attacks, not does the Block chance granted via mastery. Are you saying that our mastery is good versus magic solely because of BOG-WOG?

I agree that a 40-60sec 40% magic dmg reduction CD is great against magic (if we don't glyph it for 20/20% dmg redux), as is Hand of Purity (if taken) for DOT magic effects, but certainly you can't say that we're strong against magic because of our mastery.

OT: Paladin > rest, but Warrior is a good option (if you don't have a DPS war) purely for skill banner, rally cry, demo banner, demo shout, etc.
    I never said we were strong against magic because of our mastery, I just remarked that our mastery is still capable of mitigating magic damage (through healing) while blood dk's isn't since the guy I replied to just out right said blood mastery is the best mastery in the game.

From Damage Taken POV, i would say all are fine.

From DPS i think with the new buffs to dks and warri they are all fine too.

Utilitywise (especially in 10 man) i would say Paladin is like twice as strong as any other tank class atm.
    1. Pala: Dont know where to start, best usage of vengeance, 60 talents are strong. extremly strong glyphes.
    2. Druid: IMO Druids are good off tanks with HotW, Tooth and claw, strong dps with crit build, stongest passiv magic resist, high armor against special hits(bladelords tank debuff) symbiosis
    3. Warrior: Strong mobility, those little flags, cry. a shield instead of heal as second rage ability(i prefer heal most of the time but sometimes i really hate warriors for that). Strong aoe cooldowns.
    4. Monks: Strong cds, nice mobility, stong dps (dont know much about monks tbh)
    5. Dks: Some really cool talents(multigrip, aoe freeze). on beta AMZ was really strong, this may not count as utility but i think dks are tanks that really kill all the other tanks on one boss and on the next you think, what happened in that 10 min of trash that he sucks so hard now.

but the most important thing is too utilize what you have, paladins maybe the best but if you have a protpala that doenst skill purity on bosses like durumu or stoneguard hc you would be much better of with another tank

But if you have a dps dk with tankspec and druid + pala as main tanks i would say you would be perfectly fine especially with a dps warri(cause alot of his ultility is still there when he is dps.)
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-03-20 at 09:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    but the most important thing is too utilize what you have, paladins maybe the best but if you have a protpala that doenst skill purity on bosses like durumu or stoneguard hc you would be much better of with another tank
    While I agree with you, the best tank is the best player. You could not have taken a worse example. Speccing clemency or UbrS on Durumu allows me to solo tank him extremely easy without the use of any other paladin. There are no insane dots on that encounter that you really need HoPur for. HoPur is imo the worst talent there.

Same on stone guards. While the bleed is a decent dot, it is not that strong that it makes me spec into HoPur, especially since when it was current content HoPur didn't have the 10% damage reduc that it got now. I prefered UbrS as it allowed me to soak more cobalt mines more often, which felt a lot more useful to me, since I was basically healing myself with SoI from the DoT anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaubo View Post
    This is like me saying the same about paladins. "Just build holy power, hit some SotR, maybe a WoG. Build some more, repeat."

You know it isn't that simple, and if you think it is, you are not maximizing the class.
    not even close to the one button rotation that a dk can get by with.

get a hammer up early and don't let the relatively short debuff drop
    monitor vengeance level to maximize strength of sacred shield but don't let it drop entire fight
    a whole bunch of things that are not just as simple as hit it with your shield for the debuff or use a weak wog

as opposed to

outbreak, blood boil, deathstrike on cooldown.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    I'm not sure I completely agree with that. Take Tooth & Claw for example, considering how ridiculously often T&C can be applied to a target, and considering the fact that it's not even on the GCD, I have a hard time not seeing it as being of great benefit. Especially considering how many fights allow the offtank to still keep a fairly high amount of vengeance up, even when not directly tanking the 'big boss'. An extreme example of this would be Garajal, where a druid tank could shave an absurd amount of damage from the current main tank, and in doing so, the entire raid.

Not every encounter gives you as much of a use out of it as Garajal, but still there are plenty of encounters where you can pump dozens of high vengeance T&C debuffs on the main boss, even when in an offtanking role. On top of that, if an offtanking druid has no vengeance at all, T&C will still be handing out 30k absorbs for the main tank on a very, very frequent basis. This can only help smooth out the dmg the main tank is taking by a very decent amount.

Hell, as a bat tank on Tortos I can easily find time to drop multiple T&C debuffs on Tortos throughout the fight, many of which will be at extremely high vengeance levels. I even specifically tank the bats inside Tortos' hitbox so I can pump off-the-GCD Tooth and Claw debuffs on him WHILE tanking the bats. (although I obviously need to use a good chunk of my rage while tanking the bats to keep myself alive, but rage already comes very, very fast for druids this tier)

I'll certainly be a bit disappointed if other tanks don't see T&C as being of any real benefit, seeing as druids can quite literally shave millions of potential damage off their co-tanks by using it.
    explain tooth and claw. i bouble my co tank removing ALL damage from voodoo dolls to the raid.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    While I agree with you, the best tank is the best player. You could not have taken a worse example. Speccing clemency or UbrS on Durumu allows me to solo tank him extremely easy without the use of any other paladin. There are no insane dots on that encounter that you really need HoPur for. HoPur is imo the worst talent there.

Same on stone guards. While the bleed is a decent dot, it is not that strong that it makes me spec into HoPur, especially since when it was current content HoPur didn't have the 10% damage reduc that it got now. I prefered UbrS as it allowed me to soak more cobalt mines more often, which felt a lot more useful to me, since I was basically healing myself with SoI from the DoT anyway.
    Ok bad examples. once our holypala skilled purity tankdmg was no prob at all with our start. Did not consider the solo tank part.