Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Raiding Destro with affliction reforges and gems?

Guys,

I heard that the current best build for destro requires Mastrey=Haste> crit, I am currently running a 4717 haste cap then full mastery on my affliction lock.

So can i raid destro and affliction at the same time at max efficiency ?

At max efficiency? No. Will it still perform fairly well? Yes.

Also, this is really a question that could have been answered in the Destro Sticky.

Deleted
    It probably should be alright. None of us are really sure the exact best stat distrubution for destro atm (i think there's about 5-6 pages in the destro thread where all the good mathlocks are trying to figure it out).

As a general rule of thumb though:
    haste = more ember generation and buffs pet a little
    mastery = heavier hitting ember spells.

For fo single target haste is sexy, but on fights like horridon or meg where you have so many embers that chaos bolt and shadowburn is basically your filler then mastery naturally edges ahead. Either way you should be able to pull off respectable dps with your affli reforge (personally i'm usign a demo reforge since thats my offspec :P )

It won't be optimal, but by definition of being in affliction reforges in gems, you're going to be heavy on mastery. If you're in affliction gems/reforges but choosing to go destro on certain fights, then I'm assuming that means you're going destruction for fights like Horridon/Tortos which are fights that heavily favor mastery for destruction. You'd actually not do too bad, especially when you start loading up on that Throne gear which is pretty crit heavy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    It probably should be alright. None of us are really sure the exact best stat distrubution for destro atm (i think there's about 5-6 pages in the destro thread where all the good mathlocks are trying to figure it out).

As a general rule of thumb though:
    haste = more ember generation and buffs pet a little
    mastery = heavier hitting ember spells.

For fo single target haste is sexy, but on fights like horridon or meg where you have so many embers that chaos bolt and shadowburn is basically your filler then mastery naturally edges ahead. Either way you should be able to pull off respectable dps with your affli reforge (personally i'm usign a demo reforge since thats my offspec :P )
    Please stop spreading the untruth about no one knowing what the best stat is for destro. It's known, but there's caveats depending on talent choice and fight mechanics.

Haste == Crit > Mastery for single target and 2 target cleave and using Sup/Serv.

Mastery > Crit > Haste for AoE using Sup/Serv.

Mastery > Crit > Haste for fights where > ~50% damage is from CBolt/SBurn and using Sac.

Deleted
    Ran around 15 sims with different target numbers and stats last night. 510 ilvl

Going from 6637 haste/7k + mastery/13% Crit. - To - 7% haste/7k + mastery/19% crit gave a gain of 500dps single target. Using goSup.

I also tried gemming intellect/intellect-hit/intellect-mastery as opposed to mastery. My mastery dropped to 49% and my single target dps went up 1k. 2target went up 1500. 4 tagets i lost 4k dps and 8 targets i lost 23k dps

When you get to 4 targets plus mastery becomes an awsome stat, lower targets not optimal but also not bad. So if you have the gold and want to regem/forge every boss depending on what the fight is there are gains to be had. But my personal sims have shown that keeping my affliction set up as destro will do just fine as i intend to swap from boss to boss and dont have an unlimited amount of gold to spend 500/1000g plus per boss type. If you start wiping at 1/5% on a boss then i would definatly do it, but if you intend to swap between the specs and arnt hitting enrage timers then by staying you are probably looking at a max 500/2000 dps loss from what ive found on my sims.

Thought it was crit>haste=mastery.I started getting crit over haste and went from 50k dps to 90k.Only 480 ilvl lfr gear so maybe things change later on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidace View Post
    Guys,

I heard that the current best build for destro requires Mastrey=Haste> crit, I am currently running a 4717 haste cap then full mastery on my affliction lock.

you can prolly live with the reforging as you can really reforge mastery or haste and still be decent but gemming full intellect is the way to go for destro from what ive seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Thought it was crit>haste=mastery.I started getting crit over haste and went from 50k dps to 90k.Only 480 ilvl lfr gear so maybe things change later on.
    It's highly unlikely that changing your reforging increased your DPS by 40k...

I keep running out of mana as Destro with my Haste breakpoint reforges from Affy, it's quite annoying so I just switched my off spec back to Demo

I have had great results with 100% aff reforges + gemming.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    I keep running out of mana as Destro with my Haste breakpoint reforges from Affy, it's quite annoying so I just switched my off spec back to Demo
    I come pretty close as well at 6637 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    I come pretty close as well at 6637 haste.
    I'm just past the 9778 Haste breakpoint (I'm at 9800 or so) and honestly Destro is simply un-playable at that much haste, I go OOM constantly.

6750 haste, 6423 crit and 2535 mastery and never anywhere near ooming even using RoF single target. Are you overusing felflame?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidace View Post
    Max efficiency? Obviously not.

Can you still play as destro with aff reforges? Certainly, but I'm curious why you don't just stick affliction if you want to keep those reforges, the gap isn't large enough that playing one spec sub optimally > playing another.

The stat priorities are also vastly different from what I've seen, which tend to eschew mastery in favor of haste to a certain threshold and then crit > mastery.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-03-18 at 05:54 PM.

My stats weights are haste=mastery=crit, so i reforged them equally for single target. As for aoe go full mastery, gosac.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Max efficiency? Obviously not.

Can you still play as destro with aff reforges? Certainly, but I'm curious why you don't just stick affliction if you want to keep those reforges, the gap isn't large enough that playing one spec sub optimally > playing another.

The stat priorities are also vastly different from what I've seen, which tend to eschew mastery in favor of haste to a certain threshold and then crit > mastery.
    my item level is 490 and with my gear it seems that affliction is not the best choice, so wanted to use both at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Hangrah View Post
    My stats weights are haste=mastery=crit, so i reforged them equally for single target. As for aoe go full mastery, gosac.
    Actually, if you're AoEing for a extended period of time you're best off going GoSup/GoServ. Sac doesn't do anything for AoE damage, while Sup/Serv still hits one target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    I'm just past the 9778 Haste breakpoint (I'm at 9800 or so) and honestly Destro is simply un-playable at that much haste, I go OOM constantly.
    Well you must be doing something wrong.. I'm playing with 3k less haste than you and never go oom... are you consuming backdraft with Chaos bolt instead of incinerate? are you capping on embers because you ONLY cast chaos bolt when you have a proc up regardless of your ember level?

I've raided 7 bosses this weekend as destro, with aff reforges - 10.500 haste 5.000 mastery and never sat oom

I've felt a dps decrease on aoe, but I was almost at par with affliction on single target, specially using RoF.