Poll: WoW 2 or WC4?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd prefer a re-boot of WoW over Warcraft 4.

Whilst I'm not too hot on re-booting WoW anyway, I really dislike RTS games.

But hey, a fresh new MMO set in the Warcraft universe might not be so bad.

Deleted
    Warcraft 4. I am starting to get more and more tired of the MMORPG genre

It wasn't until this expansion, but everywhere I look it feels like I'm playing an 8 year old game. What was great about WC3 was how the game was used to tell the story. I'm not sure if there's a story left to be told. So, provisionally, WoW2.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

WoW2 is never going to happen. They can just make incremental changes and additions to WoW. Making a second game is pointless; either you keep the original game and split your audience, or you have to shut down the first one and what... make everyone start again? Who would want to do that and lose everything they have in the old game? Doesn't make sense.

Warcraft 4 sounds great in theory, but it won't happen while the lore of the Warcraft IP is being driven by WoW.

I prefer Warcraft 4. You get alot more story, more interesting characters ala WC3, you get a real attachment to the characters in the game. Also get to play from multiple perspectives and even be the bad guy.

I actually can't see them being able to do either unless the landscape dramatically changes. WoW 2 won't happen until and unless WoW dies, which I don't see happening any time soon (whatever the haters might say).

Similarly, running a Warcraft RTS at the same time as a Warcraft MMO seems almost impossible. The only way it MIGHT work is if they released an RTS and a new WoW expansion simultaneously and linked them both together in some way. Would be an enormous task to get right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't ever be a "WoW 2" Look what happen to everquest. There NEEDS to be a new Warcraft game anyways, its been long over due.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

10+ Year Old Account
    WarCraft 4 should be made with new characters new races and set someplace not in Azeroth but the story still connected, so when WC4 life cycle is over you can pump all that lore and stuff into World of Warcraft.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

Deleted
    i want wow2 - the single player RTS version!
    oh wait.

Deleted
    I would love warcraft4 so much, th could expand the lore past wow, I think it's a lot easier to tell a story on a single player gam than it is a mmorpg.

Neither are going to happen. They're updating the character models and warcraft has so much lore that WoW won't die unless they lose more money then they gain. There would be no point in a WoW2 or a warcraft 4 when all that lore is going into WoW now

warcraft 4 why? see sc2 heart of swarm campaign.. and i wasnt even fan of starcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    WC4. There is absolutely no reason for a WoW2 and it will probably and hopefully never be.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 4. RTS games tend to speed the story along and have meaningful things happen in them. In Warcraft 3 Dalaran got destroyed...as in wiped off the freaking map. Nothing like that can ever happen in WoW. They'll destroy a town or two, but nothing major.

WOW 2 is coming I can feel it

Why even consider a WoW2 when WoW1 is still in such a strong place, with endless possibilities of advancement, both in story and in engine\graphics. It makes no sense whatsoever to think about a WoW2....

A Warcraft 4 RTS however.... bring it on. I just hope they don't 'break it' into 3 small parts like SC2. The campaigns are awesome, yet incredibly short. I cannot imagine if War3 was release in multiple expansions, for each campaign. It would have been, horrendous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamemoney3381 View Post
    WOW 2 is coming I can feel it
    Out of curiosity for such a blind, bold claim, I ask; What exactly would this "WoW 2" offer that your current WoW cannot / does not?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    warcraft 4 because theres no need for a WoW 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

I'd honestly prefer a hybrid system, where you can "build" small areas of your own and control the troops/guards/citizens in an RTS style. But you can still go down to the ground level and inspect day to day life of your creation.
    Last edited by Nodus Cursorius; 2013-03-18 at 11:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd give WoW2 a shot, but only if they made some big improvements, including:
    - player collision
    - crosshair targeting
    - friendly fire
    - multiple personal story decisions instead of grinding bars to the maximum - more situations like Aldor vs. Scryer
    - interesting story
    - less races and classes, more depth, flavor and customization

But that won't happen.