how to get rid of that feeling.

Hello again MMO champs! I play as a resto druid in RBG oriented guild. Currently we have only 1 group running so my obvious option was to start an arena team. I play since vanilla beta (tomorrow is my 32 birthday oh gosh!) so most guildies consider me a very expirienced player. May be this is true may be not. I never got gladiator or even close, but I really enjoy the druids in MoP and carefully follow some top druids on streams. So my story is - we started a group with 2 guildies - warrior (age 21) and hunter (age 17 or 18 he is not in colledge thats all I know). Our first session was terrible, it took us 2 hours to get a cap with a scary win/loss ratio. The other day I played with both of them separately in 2s observing their gameplay and trying to fix silly mistakes and other flaws. As a result our second 3s session was much better. I heard a lot of coordination on skype, well played kills etc. Still watching at damage numbers I noticed that DKs, rogues and may be rets were doing significally higher overall damage. So i told my mates you need to hit harder cos 10 minute 3v3 matches in burst setup on low raiting is a joke. Now I have a deep desire to start another 3s team with rogue and dk. I know that I will misbehave badly but I dont have that much time for WoW and will hardly have it in nearest future, so I want that time to be effective in terms of raiting progression. What you would do in such situation? I cant get rid of a feeling that even being a mediocre player I try harder than my current teammates.

Age isn't indicative of skill level. Either way, don't feel bad about ditching your team. Arena isn't for fun, it's for winning and getting points, and if your team isn't a fit for you then it just isn't a fit, that's why it's so easy to make and disband Arena teams.

Now if you think it's a problem of "trying" then go ahead and switch up teams. I once got rid of an Arena partner because he would play on alts before we did serious 3s. Like wtf? I expected him to practice on the char he was about to try to get rating on before matches, not dick around on alts. He wasn't serious so we stopped playing, simple as that.

Don't sweat it, ditch your current teammates.

It's likely that if you're not having a good time then that's rubbing off on them and they aren't having a good time either. Arena should be all about having fun and playing with friends. It's a game and you're meant to enjoy it, don't feel bad for ditching people you hardly know because you're not having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Arena isn't for fun, it's for winning and getting points.
    What...? Youre doing it wrong if youre playing a game and not having fun

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Age isn't indicative of skill level. Either way, don't feel bad about ditching your team. Arena isn't for fun, it's for winning and getting points, and if your team isn't a fit for you then it just isn't a fit, that's why it's so easy to make and disband Arena teams.

Now if you think it's a problem of "trying" then go ahead and switch up teams. I once got rid of an Arena partner because he would play on alts before we did serious 3s. Like wtf? I expected him to practice on the char he was about to try to get rating on before matches, not dick around on alts. He wasn't serious so we stopped playing, simple as that.

Don't sweat it, ditch your current teammates.
    Arena is the one of the only fun things in this game...
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Arena isn't for fun, it's for winning and getting points,
    wat. you have got to get your priorities straight. arena is for fun, winning is very fun. getting points just makes winning easier in the long run.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Such is the life of competition. Why be held down by people that aren't striving for the same things as you? Find people with a more competitive attitude comparable to yours.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a similar issue but with my 10 man regression guild.
    You cared enough to post.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Find team mates who have same level of skill or 100~ rating higher exp, who can be vocal in skype, competitive etc... You will get better by playing alot, and hopily learning from mistakes.