Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Anyone Remember when you could raid Deadmines in vanilla?

This memory is probably the strongest one in my WoW life. The day when I and a friend collected 20 people on lvl 10-15 for a raid in the five man instance Dead mines!

I have yet to solve the reason for WoW to remove that possibility and anyone else who remember these days? Shame one can't reach out to GhostCrawler and ask him why they removed the option to enter an instance with 40 people in a small instance such as Deadmines. They should reimplant it for all old instances up to Cataclysm content.

Oh, and hey, new to the forums. Didn't find anything in search option so...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I've started end of tbc, and I dont think you can enter dungeons with more than 5+ since it always has been this way like right now you cannot attempt a 25 man raid with 40 people etc... so how exactly did you "raid" deadmines? unless you mean the place before the instance which doesnt make sense...

you used to be able to raid those instances.
    there was no max player cap ect.

ppl where doing 15man stratholme runs 2.

and yes the placed a player cap on these instances seeing it was piss easy to zerg stratholme with 15 ppl while it was tuned for 5man.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

That's how hard some 5mans were back then that you needed a raid to do them.

Deleted
    Yeh i remember 10 mans Strat, what an error... happily they fixed it.

But there were definitely dungeons MEANT for a raid group near end game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    nah you could do them with 5, just not with 5 awful players like today

good players weren't raiding 5 mans and sharing everything with 5-10 more people. gold was at a premium then and that was stupid

Deleted
    Iremember doing the scarlet halls dungeons with about 15 people but it was years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    No, people were just idiots so they needed to zerg rush them.

Those dungeons were meant to be 5-mans. If you want to get a raid group together to destroy an old dungeon, there are plenty of old raids like MC and AQ that allow for large groups of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No, people were just idiots so they needed to zerg rush them.
    bosses hitting 80% of your health while leveling with no real defensive cd's or infinite mana healers to cover like in wrath... yeah it was because people were idiots. (not saying they weren't, but some of the dungeons were solid too)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Because the content was designed for 5 people not 20, blizzard specifically said that when they patched it out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Iremember doing the scarlet halls dungeons with about 15 people but it was years ago.
    Except there was no scarlet halls dungeon years ago...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    bosses hitting 80% of your health while leveling with no real defensive cd's or infinite mana healers to cover like in wrath... yeah it was because people were idiots. (not saying they weren't, but some of the dungeons were solid too)
    Bosses never hit 80% of your health, they had no strategy at all, in fact that was pure facerolling, but peoples on vanilla were mostly mouseclicking noobs so that's why they needed raids for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Bosses never hit 80% of your health, they had no strategy at all, in fact that was pure facerolling, but peoples on vanilla were mostly mouseclicking noobs so that's why they needed raids for it.
    I have yet to see a dungeon that isn't a faceroll? The only real challenge now days is the challenge mod. Otherwise all dungeons is still pretty much faceroll. Don't see any boss that requires any "special" attention. It is still just mouseclicking. Especially that last boss in the shado pan temple. So not sure where you thought the bosses for normal 5 man dungeons have changed a lot since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    Because the content was designed for 5 people not 20, blizzard specifically said that when they patched it out of the game.
    Ah, so that's why. Don't think I ever read patch notes and such back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Those dungeons were meant to be 5-mans. If you want to get a raid group together to destroy an old dungeon, there are plenty of old raids like MC and AQ that allow for large groups of people.
    Since I returned from wow, skipped Wrath of the lich king expac and quit in TBC. I returned to a RP server and I can't help to imagine that instance such as The lovely Maraudon would be nice for guilds and such. Plus, people do LFG today so I don't see why they can't unlock the instances pre-dating Catac. Remember, dungeons not Raids. Its not like it will hurt the servers or anything.

They were meant for 5man. They only allowed raids in 5man dungeons because you originally had to enter Molten Core by clearing BRD

Sounds like it was fun, can I watch a video of this somewhere?

I renember briefly glimps of this aswell. Maybe did 1 scholo and start as 10. So long time ago...

People haft to renember that back then it wasen't easy, even if you were 10. One hard-core addict nerd that played wow for last 3-8 years were the same as atleast 3 average wow players early on inn vanilla - We we're that bad, even I was pretty much terrible thinking back.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by GuldTasken View Post
    I have yet to see a dungeon that isn't a faceroll? The only real challenge now days is the challenge mod. Otherwise all dungeons is still pretty much faceroll. Don't see any boss that requires any "special" attention. It is still just mouseclicking. Especially that last boss in the shado pan temple. So not sure where you thought the bosses for normal 5 man dungeons have changed a lot since Vanilla.
    Like 90%+ of vanilla bosses had no mechanics at all, it was just tank and kill them. And the few that had mechanics were single mechanics like, one player gets MCd, or the boss AoEs sometimes, or adds spawn.

To say that there's no difference between that and Taran Zhu, a fight where you have to monitor rising hatred (and use meditation to lower it), stay out of the AoE ring, and deal with adds that pull the entire group and build more hatred, is just ignorant.

Hell, the average mists 5 man boss has more complicated mechanics than any Vanilla raid boss pre-Onyxia.

With all the blue posts and hints, I'm getting a strong feeling that the "unannounced feature" is going to be some kind of challenge mode or scenario involving old instances. To that end, I would LOVE if for Lower and Upper Blackrock Spire they allowed for 10 or 15 players to enter.