View Poll Results: What best describes the term "seeing all the content"?

Voters
41. This poll is closed
  • Seeing it as it was originally designed before nerfs went in to make it easier for "casuals"

15 36.59%
  • Seeing the boss fights, no matter how nerfed they get, even if its just LFR

26 63.41%

What best describes the term "seeing all the content"?

Someone posted recently that they can see all the content by using LFR. My definition of "seeing the content" is to complete the raid WITHOUT any nerfs. Using LFR to do a raid does not count, because the "content" we're interested in is the actually fight and all of its true boss mechanics. If we were interested in just seeing the physical location, we could just walk thru an empty zone.

This also means that for YEARS now, Blizzard has FAILED to give most of the playerbase enough time to actually "see all the content". I don't want to see some watered-down version. I want the FULL experience!!!

So, a poll to see if you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    My definition of...
    Keywords. Your definition. I'd wager that everyone's definition is different; maybe someone considers all content seen and completed once they've gone through LFR once. Maybe another needs a full set of BiS gear. Another needs to clear heroic mode raids, and another simply won't stop until every single achievement is completed.

Personally, I'm happy if I clear normal mode of the current raid. Any heroic mode kills are a nice bonus, and I try to kill as many as I can; but I'm not bothered if I don't manage it.

Deleted
    Content for me is seing the instance to the end and defeating the end boss. Unfortunatly that means that once you've done LFR once you have successfully beaten the game for the next 3-4 months.
    Back in the days it was fun working to get to the next boss. But with the coming of first heroic raiding and then LFR. You feel like you've already seen the content/boss before and it just feels mindnumbling stupid that the boss apparently now is stronger than last time because I switched a switch.

normal mode is intended difficulty to me. I wouldn't care if heroic was removed and normal became heroic difficulty, or normal became lfr difficulty, that would be the definition of seeing the content to me.

LFR seems to be what people to do to gear up out of raid time and heroic is just well... do X with more damage more adds, or a new mechanic. If you wanted more damage, or adds, or that mechanic, I feel it should just have been in the normal mode anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, seeing all the content implies you have 16K + achievement points, a lore master title, and lvl 522 gear. Unless you meet all of that criteria... you ain't seen nothin'

(Please note: I ain't seen nothin')

"Seeing all content" is too much abused phrase. Content can be seen on youtube. People don't "see" games, they play them.

Also what's wrong with you, OP? T14 raids are still there, and if you don't want buff - you can turn it off. I don't really see sense in your post.

Deleted
    In my opinion, it's like this

LFR is the trailer
    Normal is a preview
    Heroic is the actual "movie" in all its glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you can see it with your eyes, its seeing all content. Does not matter if its LFR, Normal or heroic.

All this thread is is a LFR bashing thread.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    because the "content" we're interested in is the actually fight and all of its true boss mechanics.
    That's what 'you're' interested in. 'We' may not be interested in that at all.

I'm fine with seeing the raid in whatever form I see it. If I see it in LFR and by your peculiar definition I haven't 'seen' it yet, that's fine by me. Quite often there's a lot of beautiful art and stuff to see in a raid. There are times when that's a lot more important to me than working through boss fights.

Largely, I agree with Airwaves that this is not-so-thinly veiled thread about how LFR shouldn't exist (since it's not content) which is so last year.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-19 at 12:41 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    seeing the content =/= beating the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    totally biased poll/thread. obviously you assume casuals = bads. which for the millionth time, they are not the same! your definition of "seeing all the content" does not even come close to mine. but i see things as blizzard seems to see them. content hasnt been "nerfed" like people think. we didnt get nerfs to t14 until it became old content. t15 most likely wont get nerfs during its reign either.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

There is a difference between "seeing" content and experiencing the content.

Nobody actually cares about seeing the content. Most people, that whine and whine for years, wanted to get an easier way to get epics and get the feeling of progression.
    If LFR did not drop any loot and was there just so people can see the content, would it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Someone posted recently that they can see all the content by using LFR. My definition of "seeing the content" is to complete the raid WITHOUT any nerfs. Using LFR to do a raid does not count, because the "content" we're interested in is the actually fight and all of its true boss mechanics. If we were interested in just seeing the physical location, we could just walk thru an empty zone.

This also means that for YEARS now, Blizzard has FAILED to give most of the playerbase enough time to actually "see all the content". I don't want to see some watered-down version. I want the FULL experience!!!

So, a poll to see if you agree.
    Is there anything in your way to the full experience?
    I think it is there..... you just need to experience it; you can even do it before any nerfs.
    So, what exactly is the problem?

Seeing all the content means that you experience every mechanic of every boss, trash mob, ect that is created. You can also add gear for looks but not the power it gives the character since that is really just there so you are able to see the content.

So technically you have to do everything on heroic to see all the content. It doesnt matter if it is nerfed or you see it the next expansion at a higher level as long as no abilities were removed in the nerf and you dont skip phases through overwhelming dps(like the Frostmourne room in the LK fight or the demonic transformation phase of Illidan).