[pvp] Elemental - Elemental Mastery Vs Echo of Elements

so i have been testing everything that has been given to me here at MMO.

My new question is Between the two talents above i noticed a HUGE difference yes one is RNG the Other Controlled. Where i like the play style of EM lacks in EoE i just respec'd into EoE and my burst went up 10k and steady went up 8k. is EoE really better or did i get some seriously lucky procs?

Please respond.

Thanks.

This is a pvp question.
    Last edited by Rennegadelawlz; 2013-03-17 at 10:02 PM.

I'm sorry to say but since you asked, you'd probably get better responses in the Shaman section. I'll ask a mod to move this there, don't make another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm sorry to say but since you asked, you'd probably get better responses in the Shaman section. I'll ask a mod to move this there, don't make another thread.
    Don't move this thread. its for PvP and i've got great responses here.

*looks at your started threads*

Oh yeah, you did get decent responses, didn't you...Okay nevermind then lol. Sorry I don't play a Shaman so I can't be of any help. Good luck though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wait...are you a mod somehow? o_0

Quote Originally Posted by Rennegadelawlz View Post
    so i have been testing everything that has been given to me here at MMO.

My new question is Between the two talents above i noticed a HUGE difference yes one is RNG the Other Controlled. Where i like the play style of EM lacks in EoE i just respec'd into EoE and my burst went up 10k and steady went up 8k. is EoE really better or did i get some seriously lucky procs?

Please respond.

Thanks.

This is a pvp question.
    Personally, I would go with Ancestral Swiftness over those two. You can get some crazy burst with AS: Lava Burst -> UE -> AS Ele. Blast -> 7-stack Fulmination. An AS Hex can also be pretty clutch in certain situations. Elemental mastery is pretty nice since they reduced the cooldown, you do have to realize that any good player will dispel/purge or spellsteal it. You can get away with it better in RBGs, but I still would prefer AS over that. As with Echo, it is too RNG for me. If lucky you can drop someone with it or heal yourself up to full, but getting it off on a heal when I would want it during burst has happened way too much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Echo or Ancestral Swiftness IMO. Echo adds more burst, Ancestral Swiftness gives you more on-demand power. Elemental Mastery is a very powerful ability, particularly for RBGS, where Ascended Ele Shamans are the new I-Win buttons for highly contested nodes like EotS-mid and Gilneas-WW.

For Arenas, AS is probably the stronger choice - but Echo is going to give you random damage spikes, which make your burst spikes more lethal - both are strong - AS obviously requires more micro - but is generally stronger.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I moved this to the shaman forum, but I left a redirect in the pvp forum so people there will see the post as well. Best of both worlds!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    For PvP I recommend going Elemental Mastery, since you can line it up pretty nicely with your on use trinket. Outside of your EM your dmg is pretty meh (meh means very shitty, unless you got some luck). So AS is nice, but still it helps not your burst potential (5% haste is not bad, but not enough imo). And Echo is for me personally never a choice, to much rng on that one.

So, EM is by far my best choice (since AS is since the last patch 90 sec cd). In addition, the most kills i get as an elemental is not with Ascendance, but with EM + ON Use trinket. The most big defensiv cds are on 2 or 3 minutes, but with EM you can burst every 90 sec. pretty good, which leads to good pressure outside of your fireele, stormlash and ofc ascendance (i barely can cast through in Ascendance, i get all of their cc or they pop their defensiv cds).

Also EM is the only time, where i can really hit a bit with LB since its on 1,3 or 1,4 casting time compared to 1,7 - 1,8.

Kind Regards

Walktheline

EM or AS. Echo is terrible in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Wait...are you a mod somehow? o_0
    Backseat moderators, not that uncommon : )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, for PvP, you're probably going to prefer EM.

For PvE, where you don't care nearly as much about burst potential, the two talents are pretty evenly balanced as far as output goes. For PvP, though, you want that burst to secure a kill. EM focuses that benefit into its uptime, rather than spreading it out randomly, meaning that it's A> controllable and B> better focused. The combination is what you usually want in PvP, particularly arena.

You could make a case for EotE in RBGs, where you're acting more as a constant pressure tool than a burst killer, and I'd probably use it for random BGs too just because it's easy. But those are slightly different priorities, and you often move from one fight to the next under those conditions; a CD that's on cooldown is a bigger deal.

Would probably pick EM but the insta-hex possibility with AS could be viable also. Echo is too RNG, if you ask me; great when you can sit and tunnel on a target in pve, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Echo or Ancestral Swiftness IMO. Echo adds more burst, Ancestral Swiftness gives you more on-demand power. Elemental Mastery is a very powerful ability, particularly for RBGS, where Ascended Ele Shamans are the new I-Win buttons for highly contested nodes like EotS-mid and Gilneas-WW.

For Arenas, AS is probably the stronger choice - but Echo is going to give you random damage spikes, which make your burst spikes more lethal - both are strong - AS obviously requires more micro - but is generally stronger.
    I don't think I completely agree with this. "Random damage spikes", which can be lethal, are not totally lethal as you stated them being random. Yes, the planets can align and something will die...or they won't align. Ascended Ele Shamans are not the new I-win buttons. We have pretty good aoe cleaving with Chain Lightning (you are spot-on with EotS-mid and WW Gilneas at times) with some amazing burst. Right now the I-win are Moonkins, Mages, and DKs aligning AOE grip -> deep freeze -> ring of frost -> solar beam and vortex. Dropping an Ele. Shaman in there is nice, but not a new thing.

From a random BG point of view EM with Ascendance gives my lava burst a 1 second cast time which basically means the flag carrier/target is going to die. Personally prefer EM as its giving me a lot of fun compared to the randomness of EoE.