Enhancement for pvp, need help!

I've been considering playing enhancement in pvp but all I hear is that it is weak and if not in ascendance then the dmg is weak as well. My question which goes with topic of page is, is enhancement shaman worth giving a try or should it not even be played. I have no experience in pvp really besides bg's and I intend tot start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by London210 View Post
    I've been considering playing enhancement in pvp but all I hear is that it is weak and if not in ascendance then the dmg is weak as well. My question which goes with topic of page is, is enhancement shaman worth giving a try or should it not even be played. I have no experience in pvp really besides bg's and I intend tot start. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Contrary to popular belief you can be successful as enhancement this season. It would require more work than almost any class and has one of the highest skillcaps out there.

That being said if you are willing to put the time in and thoroughly understand the class in and out, and put up with the frustration of automatically being considered bad just because of your spec, than i would suggest giving it a shot. To just ask for tips is petty vague, its not like a warrior where you do the same exact combination on every class. Almost all your abilities change priority based on what you're fighting. To touch on the Ascendance and low dps outside of comment; They pretty much did a swap from cata. In cata we had good damage but literaly no cds. Now we have cds and abysmal sustained damage. Time your ascendance for the kill, pressure with fire elemental and wolves.

Overall, i would suggest giving it a shot. If you can get good with an enhancement shaman you can probably play any other class. I personally view good enhancement shamans in the highest esteem.

Seriously thank you for your time to stop and comment, I greatly appreciate it and understand we're your coming from. I think I will go ahead and give it a go. Thank you once again

Quote Originally Posted by London210 View Post
    Seriously thank you for your time to stop and comment, I greatly appreciate it and understand we're your coming from. I think I will go ahead and give it a go. Thank you once again
    Np, if you have any specific questions just post them in this thread ill check it periodically.

Thank you and believe me i will take you up on that.

Yes, the damage is low, but not that low. I'm on full mal 476 gear and I deal around 3-7 kk dmg on bgs and rbg. But if you compare with DKs, warlocks... sometimes they do twice my dmg on a single bg.

I didnt try Arena this weak because I was still building honor gear, but i was able to run rgbs as enhance... people didnt complain about me because i was on the top 3 dps all the time.

The main problem to me is low survivability, totens and imbues on gcd and silence, 45s cd with both of ours cc's and sometimes bugs on windfury procs and lava lash hiting just like cata did (hit around 9k with a crit on a frost dk today with windfury proc, while white dmg was like 4-6k with no crit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just knowing that after you crush someone and they dont immediately release its because they are looking through combat log thinking "wtf? Was that an enhance shaman?" Is priceless.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Just go resto.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie