Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I took several breaks where i knew i would come back (before important exams, when important things in private life had to be done or simply because there wasn't anything to do in wow like in the time between dragon soul and MoP).

Only time i really quit was during WotLK when i also sold my account and thought i would never come back... but ICC looked promising and i had time to raid so i got a new account and played again

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since I've only ever sub'd once to WoW (for the annual pass), quitting for me could just mean that I didn't turn around and automatically buy more time. But, as for a firm definition meaning I didn't play for weeks on end, I'd say I've quit maybe about 10 times. Simply out of boredom with the whole "what's the point?" attitude.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Three times, the first time was just when we finished Ulduar and Toc was released with a stunning ONE boss released each week. After going from my favorite raid to pretty much the worst raid to date I just quit.

Few months later came back for 3.3 raided a tad but quit after we killed the Lich King since I couldnt be bothered with heroic mode raiding.

Came back in Cata but stopped playing in 4.1 for good. Both Firelands and DS seemed a tad lackluster to me. I havent tried MoP yet but 5.2 does look like a great patch, but I just cant afford to play WoW anymore with my time schedule and cant be bothered with going casual lfr.

Twice. Once during mid-Cata because I was bored out of my skull and all of my friends had quit. And once during the start of MoP because I didn't have anybody to play with and I just couldn't get into it again.

When I started college, I gave my account to a friend-of-a-friend and I thought I was done for good. Then....I got bored about a year later, bought a new account, and started playing again. This was about half-way through TBC.

I really wish I still had that old account. I would have all my old PvP titles, now unobtainable tabards, and all those HKs/rep that I had to work on again.

To date : 0
    In the next week or so : 1

When I played I used to take extended breaks (5 months was the longest). I never said I quit however.

My current break is going on 2 years though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Played since BC and have never quit.
    Intel® Pentium® Processor 90 MHz | 8MB RAM | 750MB IDE HDD | 800x600 Colour 15" CRT Monitor | Windows 95

I took a break from WoW when I wrote my bachelor project. Apart from that I have subscribed each month since the early days of WoW.

I'm going to say probably 5-6 times. Most of the time because I needed to find a new job and whatnot. But I quit a few weeks ago because my computer sucks! =D

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    You hear it all the time on forums when people quit wow and write a post about it.
    I'm just wondering how many times have you "quit wow" and came back to play again?

I've quit 3 times.
    I played in vanilla until my account got hacked and i stopped playing for 2 years.(which isnt quitting but i stopped playing)
    I started playing again in Wrath and quit at the end of the season due to my gf at the time getting angry with the amount i was playing.
    Came back in cataclysm got all my gear and quit again for 8months until mop came out and came back.
    Now im playing again until i feel bored and ill quit again.
    but i know if i quit ill probably come back when new expansion comes out.

So how many times have you "quit wow"?
    and is there anybody out there who actually quit and never came back?
    Never. I've gotten close to quitting twice - once when they were pondering real-id and once when CRZ hit. But they rescinded real-id and mostly fixed CRZ, so I never actually quit.

I *have* taken breaks, a week or two here, a month there, to play other games and generally let myself get interested in the game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    My wife and I quit for a few months after our first son was born. After we began to understand that our version of "Perfect" parenting was far, far superior to most of the people we knew/know, we relaxed a little and started playing at night after the baby went to sleep.

Played since before public launch before that, been playing ever since. Best entertainment for your dollar that the PC has when you figure up all the various costs other games would have added to the budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    i have quit wow ---

1º i quit in vainilla before next expansion release (TBC) (i had some IRL problem and i wass "adicted" to WoW)
    2º i come back when they launched Black temple, and played till Arthas (Quit when i were at the second boss of arthas raid, due to some problem with people of my guild, and wanted to play another game)
    3º I come back when cataclysm released , played 2 months and didnt enjoy the game (got bored) only killed 10man the boss with the random dragons.
    4º I come back for pandaria, and im ready to quit again, i have little time now , and dont know what to do in-game ( im playing another game that bring me just more fun)

I quit just before MOP, fir the 1st time ever in 8 years. Came back recently as was curious, to see if I made the right decision. I did make the right decision. I am letting the subscription run out and will not be back.

The game has changed, I did not. Blizz added a lot of new features, a lot of them screwed the guilds/raids/different feel. The Walmart crowd moved in.

4 times or so, it's good to take breaks here and there. I doubt i will come back again though the pvp in wow is just bad, and there is other games for that, the pve in wow is solid but i dont do alot of pve. Also MoP was not a good expansion for me, did not like the setting very much and the focus on dailies.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quit in vanilla early on around lvl 30. Came back after 6 months and got into raiding.
    Next time was near the end of Ulduar due to personal issues. Came back right before ICC I think. But didn't raid.
    Then I quit after raiding a few months in cata. Came back around the time DS and LFR was released.
    Started out as a shaman, changed to priest in cata and now I'm a happy monk

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've quit only once. This was back during the first months of wrath. Real life got into the way of playing and I was playing very little during that time. Then I got hacked and decided to quit then. I didn't really follow wow stuff after that. I came back when patch 4.0 came because I saw a news article about it and decided to give it a go, on a new account tho.
    Last edited by sykke; 2013-03-25 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    I've taken a 2-5 month break 4 times, once at the pre-patch shit at the end of wotlk, at the beginning of cata, at the end of cata and from the beginning of mop until 5.2. I've always been sure that I'll return though, so I wouldn't say that I've "quit", I've just taken a break.

Now? Once. being unable to get my heirlooms back from losing them in the mail sucked and killed off one of the things I greatly enjoyed. You don't simply get 2 full sets of heirlooms, and the ways to get some of them are too long and drawn out to make it worth playing for. Will I be back in the future? /shrug

Still keep tabs on major changes and kinda cringe at seeing the bit about green fire finally making it into the game. Only waited how many years for it...

I took time off of wow to play SWTOR. The timeframe was late-ish Cataclysm. I came back around a month or so after MoP was released.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.