Approx. How Much Will Leveling BS Cost?

I was going to do the ghost iron leveling for blacksmithing. I'm just hesitant on whether I should actually do it. Can anyone give me an estimate on how much it'll take to level up if I take the ghost iron approach?

4412 x how much 1 bar cost on your realm= price
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    4412 x how much 1 bar cost on your realm= price
    Or do it 4412 x2 and add about 2 hours (!) worth of smelting time for the Ghost Iron Ore numbers (if you have a sufficient Miner).

I'm sure if you contact your local bots/farmers you could get it fairly cheap :P

Serious note however, if you have a lvl 90 miner, would only cost time rather than gold

Draenor EU - Quick math - 22k if you buy bars yet only 7500 if you buy ore. High pop realms <3

yeah about 20k is with the going rate of the bars.. maybe 10k if you are on a cheap server

Depends on the server... I did it for like 6k on moonguard, it all depends on what;s on the AH sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't. Unfortunately there is no approximate number for this :[ I wish there was.

Really just depends on the server, I managed to level Blacksmithing on my alt for 8k on Barthilas Horde side.

Thinking about doing this myself I have an extra engineer.

Deleted
    Propably far less than your proposed all-ghost-iron routes.
    Make use of both the traditional way and new ghost iron one.
    You want to level 1-300 with vanilla metals, they are usually very cheap, especially 1-150 range ones.
    Then you hit TBC content with fel iron, this is where you use ghost iron. With CRZ (KILL IT WITH FIRE) and horrible node respawn this material price can be outrageous even on high pop realms.
    WOTLK part isn't going to be any different either. Cobalt and saronite are usually expensive. Then Cataclysm comes and things get affordable, you should stick to Cata metals unless you have weird server charging 150g for stack of elementium bars. And ofc MOP at the end with ghost iron as usual.

Clever usage of AH and materials can cut down the costs by many thousand. Dont just take one route, combine them both whichever is the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Clever usage of AH and materials can cut down the costs by many thousand. Dont just take one route, combine them both whichever is the cheapest.
    Also consider that you can DE or sell items made from normal BS leveling. Selling the enchanting mats will recoup a large portion of your costs.

The ghost iron route will be far more expensive (2 to 3 times), depending on your local economy. The only benefit is that it's painless.
    Stormspire.net - Your #1 source for everything WoW gold. Free and friendly forums.
    WoWProfessions.com: Alchemy | Blacksmithing | Enchanting | Engineering | Inscription | Jewelcrafting | Leatherworking | Tailoring | Mining

Deleted
    12-14k if you level it up the normal way

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    12-14k if you level it up the normal way
    Absolutely not, 7-8k MAX. I did it for 6k the last time around.

This depends on your realm (high pop is cheaper), but there's no way it'll cost 12-14k.
    Stormspire.net - Your #1 source for everything WoW gold. Free and friendly forums.
    WoWProfessions.com: Alchemy | Blacksmithing | Enchanting | Engineering | Inscription | Jewelcrafting | Leatherworking | Tailoring | Mining

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling1 View Post

This depends on your realm (high pop is cheaper), but there's no way it'll cost 12-14k.
    Mhm I paid around 11k (maybe even more. don't really remember anymore) pre patch @ high pop Illidan server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Propably far less than your proposed all-ghost-iron routes.
    Make use of both the traditional way and new ghost iron one.
    You want to level 1-300 with vanilla metals, they are usually very cheap, especially 1-150 range ones.
    Then you hit TBC content with fel iron, this is where you use ghost iron. With CRZ (KILL IT WITH FIRE) and horrible node respawn this material price can be outrageous even on high pop realms.
    WOTLK part isn't going to be any different either. Cobalt and saronite are usually expensive. Then Cataclysm comes and things get affordable, you should stick to Cata metals unless you have weird server charging 150g for stack of elementium bars. And ofc MOP at the end with ghost iron as usual.

Thank you for pointing this out, while I plan to use my own miner because of the jc materials I need as well, your ideas on skipping the overfarmed/underspawned areas has refreshed my resolve. Does the ghost iron created items de to mop level dust or bs level?

The leveling items you make with ghost iron are grey so you cant disenchant them.

Deleted
    I did it on Daggerspine EU and I spent around 20-25k, this was buying both ores and bars, took around 2 weeks 'cos I was waiting for the right prices etc. In the end, I think it was worth it, seeing how they opened the world for other servers, making it harder to mine.

prices i've been selling bars on darkspear EU (about 144g a stack) 32k

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling1 View Post

I like how you say "depending on server" then so and state an arbitrary limit that you have no way of knowing.

FYI cost 19k last time I did it.

I did it the "old" way and it cost me 14k on US-Sargeras