Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does male human look as bad as people claim?

It would seem that most people on anonymous sites like MMO C and such are in decision that the male human model in WoW is among the worst models in the game. But is this really true? I have honest difficulty in seeing most genders and races in the game, besides Orcs, look as good as a human male in plate armor. Helmets look perfect on them, and are never unusually sized. They have one of the best two handed melee animations in the game, and don't lie, it looks great. People like to complain about their mouths in particular, but if you use a full beard, as you should, it is never a problem.

Of course, it is not perfect. Their run animation is horrid, but that's all I can really think of as horrific.

Discuss.

"You can use a beard to hide the horrible face" proves that the detractors are right, not that they are wrong. Hidden defects are still defects.

And I have never seen anyone not agreeing that armor fits the human males well. That was never the complaint.

That mounted shoulder shrug, and the jumping animation is what ruins it for me. I played a male human paladin for years, and grew to utterly despise it. Though I barely log in to that toon anymore, its female human now - not saying its amazing, but it doesn't induce my gag reflexes.

I figure if I've got to be staring at a character on my screen all day long, it might as well be aesthetically pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupsy View Post
    That mounted shoulder shrug, and the jumping animation is what ruins it for me. I played a male human paladin for years, and grew to utterly despise it. Though I barely log in to that toon anymore, its female human now - not saying its amazing, but it doesn't induce my gag reflexes.

I figure if I've got to be staring at a character on my screen all day long, it might as well be aesthetically pleasing.
    Is the shrug really that off putting?

It's just one of the many WoW running gags, like Blood Elves being effeminate, gnomes getting punted by everyone, etc.

I personally think they are the best-looking vanilla race.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion: yes. Probably the worst race & gender combo in the game. The distorted build, the horrible face, and animations that range from mediocre to off-putting. The only race I enjoy playing less is the worgen (either gender) because of the endless, endless snuffling.

Male humans are the best looking male model in the game, as long as you have some sort of mustache to cover that lip.

IMO: Dwarfs are worst. Not by much mind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a male human DK, and I'm perfectly fine with their model. Plate armor fits a human better than any other race.

Cover up their weird upper lip with a mustache-goatee combo, and they look fine.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't see how bad they look you need your eyes checked.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    If you can't see how bad they look you need your eyes checked.
    Pretty much.

The only thing they can pass as are plate classes; the bulk of the armour generally fits their weird proportions. I die a little inside everytime I see a male human rogue/hunter/mage/lock/priest

Even then the 2hander animations are blargh. That weird side-swipe floaty jump? It looks totally ineffective and lacks impact. Especially when you cast a lot of specials in a row and the character just spazzes out mid-animation.

Dwarves are the same.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-03-18 at 09:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they do. Infact, they probably look worse.

But I don't know, it's annoying that every MMO game out there with a human race makes male humans look so... so... HULK SMASH!! It's pretty terrible. My issue with the Human Male is exclusive to it's model.

An oft overlooked issue is the human male's two-handed special attack. With the modern day WoW running mostly on special attacks, a warrior or death knight will find themselves floating in the air more often than grounded. Use two-handed special attacks in rapid succession and the physics engine seems to give up, creating a sort of time-space gravity flux where inertia is reversible and Vegemite is less salty.

I do have my own preferences.

In Raid - male human.
    Questing - female gnome.
    Arena - undead male.
    Bgs - tauren male.

Just go on wowhead and look at the models, only thing that matters is that YOU like YOUR character.

I want them to look tall, lean and handsome... not like a steroid addict with a cleft palate. T.T

10+ Year Old Account
    I like my human warrior tank and if there ever comes a new set of armor which looks good when you don't display the helm I will hide it!

Zoom in on a human male face without facial hair and you will be surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They have derptastic face and horrible animations. So yes as bad as people claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They have derptastic face and horrible animations. So yes as bad as people claim.
    Describe some of these horrible animations