Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Enh] What killed me?

I don't know much about Shaman, so Im after some assistance.

While playing my Fire Mage in a Random BG, I encountered an Enh Shaman who killed me in about 3 GCDs from range.

I then watched him proceed to do it to someone else later in the game.

Im full pvp gear with a mix of S12 2/2 and S13 honor, 1 Tyrannical piece. I also have the flameglow talent for dmg reduction.

I don't full know what happened, but there was lightning involved, and the shaman was in Avatar form. Probably had trink proc as well.

Please educate me!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Popped CDs and Ascendance, and globaled you.

When in Ascendance, Stormstrike becomes Stormblast, and can auto attack from range (30 Yards), and becomes Stormblast.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    Popped CDs and Ascendance, and globaled you.

When in Ascendance, Stormstrike becomes Stormblast, and can auto attack from range (30 Yards), and becomes Stormblast.
    Thanks Ill look up those in wowhead!

Dont see too many Enh in Bgs so Im not familiar with their stuff.

Edit: wow no wonder I died. Ill be Ice Blocking that next time!
    Last edited by Ryft; 2013-03-18 at 10:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    while in ascenndance form autoattacks and strom strike are being ranged and do natrue dmg (incresed by our mastery) they also can proc weapon imbues like WF so you have couple choices when you see enha in ascendance form, CC him, outrange him, ore use IB
    Last edited by kosajk; 2013-03-18 at 11:10 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    autoattacks are ranged too? oO

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    autoattacks are ranged too? oO
    yup only Lava Leash stays mele ability during ascendance

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    then i have to try out pvp as enhancement shaman...

you coulda just specced frost, and blown him up in 3 gcds as well :P

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Hey I blow up people pretty good as fire (I can burst in a deep harder than frost if I set it up corerctly). Just wasnt expecting it from an enhance at range.

I'll know better for next time.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Combat log / Recount do wonders at analyzing how/why you died.
    Best advice right here, Whenever i get hit with a seemingly crazy hit, i always check the combat log to see wtf just happened, Suprising though the amount of people that don't use it, I always have mine visible anyway, works nicely on PvP realms, seeing local activity and seeing people stealth lol

To put this in perspective, I've seen Enh burst up to 600k DPS at the start of a raid. Obviously lower with resil but there is a ton of damage potential from them, especially in random BGs where you don't have coordination.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Double post for some reason, Damn browser refresh>.<

If anything i would actually recommend recount death tab, it allows to clearly see what hit you and how much w/o having to scroll through piles of combatlog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are other people experiencing this? I would think that if this were true (even if he could only do this every 10 min) that this would get nerfed

My lock is in less PvP gear than this (mix of PvP gear, quest greens, and a few random reg dungeon gear) and I don't get torn up like this ever by anyone.

All i'm sayin is I have my doubts that we are getting the full story here. Debuffs, berseker buff % of remaining hp... etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Um, not really. Enhance shamans will ruin a frosties day. You cannot deep freeze an enhance, he will bind your water ele, purge your frost barrier, root you or windwalk into your personal space, shear your frost spells from range, ground your bombs(reflect them even), hex you if you ring him, has far greater self healing, and can do damage from 30 yards out.

Enhance counters frostmages.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Um, not really. Enhance shamans will ruin a frosties day. You cannot deep freeze an enhance, he will bind your water ele, purge your frost barrier, root you or windwalk into your personal space, shear your frost spells from range, ground your bombs(reflect them even), hex you if you ring him, has far greater self healing, and can do damage from 30 yards out.

Im sold lol...are they fun to play? (certainly sounds like it!)

Deleted
    Since ring of frost isn't instant any longer mages has to force trinket with blanket silence + deep and then wait 30 sec for next kill window. So right now 1on1 vs mage is not that hard, if we have all cds up.

If you wanna watch some enhance pvp you should go and check Diablous on twitch he is a pretty good player and stream alot. He didn't get Gladiator last season but it was overall a bad season for enh, only two gladiators. This season will probably be worse since we got a 50% nerf on our strongest ability . So if you wanna shock people in bg's i recomend enhance, but if you wanna do some pvp Arena or RBG don't roll enh. This season is for mage, rouge and DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post

This man knows his shit.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryft View Post
    Im sold lol...are they fun to play? (certainly sounds like it!)
    Melees give them a hard time