Thread: I hate Megaera

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I hate Megaera

Hi

First of all -> We killed Megaera tonight so this is not a QQ thread. But I hate bosses where 8/9 Minutes the fight is boring that you have to stop yawning and falling asleep. Then the last two heads are coming up and you just get shit in your face like there's no tomorrow. And then you wipe after 7 minutes which you just could skip because they are so boring.

Don't like those type of fights.

I talk of 10 man of course.

Would do you think?

Best
    Reflection

What combination did u did?

Yes, fights when the real test is in the last minute or so are frustrating.

You have to wonder though, is a fight when the real test is in the first minute and you wipe before you get going any better?

You can opt in to a more difficult early phase to mitigate some of the pain in the last phases. But I do agree that the first 3 phases, no matter how you play them, are utter snooze.

Deleted
    wiping second day on that, tried every tactics, with different head combos, 4 healing and all, but our best try was on 30% on last head :/
    I hate it too :[

Just mix in the green one in the middle once - then it's a little more movement and a smooth ending.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Just mix in the green one in the middle once - then it's a little more movement and a smooth ending.
    I think you mean blue not green.

Deleted
    we killed this boss with everyone dead in the raid i was the only melee dps i thin that helps a lot

Sha of Fear on Heroic was way worse. Waste 20 minutes everytime you wipe to the 7th set of adds.

We tried two different versions, each with 4 healers. First we tried G R G R B R G. Here the problem was that at the 6th add tanks died randomly because of the ugly fire debuff + a lot of stuff damaging the raid. We also tried G R G R G R G but that also didn't play out well. So we changed to B R B R G R B. This was the combo we killed the boss with. Still 4 healing because in the end running gets heavy. Sometimes even two healers have to run. Think that's the main wipe reason if you run with 3 Healers. After some playing arround this felt as the safest solution for us, though not the fastest one because you have to run a lot.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Sha of Fear on Heroic was way worse. Waste 20 minutes everytime you wipe to the 7th set of adds.
    Gosh this is awful. Didn't do it myself but reminds me of Lich King heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    We finally got it after 2 nights of wiping. We seemed to be doing B R G B R G - here's a log.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Yes, fights when the real test is in the last minute or so are frustrating.

You have to wonder though, is a fight when the real test is in the first minute and you wipe before you get going any better?
    Yes, Spirit Kings and Will get a bit easier.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    This boss was horrible when we were progressing on it, pre-nerf, that was hard, same thing as you explain now but so much worse. But the feeling when a boss thats hard goes down is unbeatable so i'd prefer if there were more bosses like that, we found that after the nerfs that happened the first week all of normal was just faceroll through for some extra loot...

Megaera is and always was easy as hell. You don't even need to move the fires out of the raid more than 5 yards. Movement is simple & damage is low. Ignore the blue head, just kill red and green. Use DPS CDs' cycle so that you get it for red always.

We killed it pre-nerf with G R G R B G R and found this to be the easiest. Almost everyone has a cool down they can use during the last head to mitigate green damage, so there is no excuse for people to die to green. Red needs to be dispelled right away, and blue is simple enough but just removes one person from the fight. If you're having trouble with this go back to 509 content and farm it up.

The nerf was just too much and all they should have done was made it so each subsequent head gained 10% more health starting at 25mil or something to lower the time on the fight but at the same time become progressively harder. IE 25mil -> 27.5mil -> 30.25mil -> 33.5mil -> 36.85 -> 40.535 -> 44.5 (what it was originally). Hire me blizzard.

But seriously, if you are having trouble with this, go farm 509 content with the 10% nerf. The bosses after Megaera (minus Ji-Kun) are going to kick your ass.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-03-19 at 08:28 AM.

Heroic Spine and Madness both say hi. 13 minutes of boring as fuck, and 30 seconds of mechanics that can actually wipe you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild is still working on it, but as a warlock, I thoroughly enjoy the fight, even if we aren't killing it. Best attempt (most recent) was the last head at 8%. Overall, I think it's fairly well done, at least from a destruction warlock's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Megaera is and always was easy as hell. You don't even need to move the fires out of the raid more than 5 yards. Movement is simple & damage is low. Ignore the blue head, just kill red and green. Use DPS CDs' cycle so that you get it for red always.
    Damage is low? Healers are oom by the 5th rampage, rampages are easy with raid cds but damage you get between hurts like hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love when the fight is long like Madness or Sha of Fear, but they need to have a lot of different things going on instead of the repetition that Magaera has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    lol sure, low damage with killing green all the time, poison bombs takes away like 80% of hp every 5 seconds.

Deleted
    we did it with 4 healers, greenredgreenredgreenredgreen