Thread: I hate Megaera

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Killed it the first night we attempted it (That's incredible for us)
    But that was on 25m tho

But according to: http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/8953693
    Megaera
    Reduced the damage dealt by Megaera’s breaths and Ignite Flesh on 10-player Normal mode.
    Reduced the damage dealt by Rampage on 10-player Normal mode.

If you think that Megaera is boring at the start just wait till Dark Animus. I am pretty sure I fell asleep during phase 1 on our first kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiildur View Post
    Since most 10 mans do GRGRGRG, that means that on head #6 you have 4 green heads in the fog, which means 400k raid damage in 4 seconds. It's (obviously) doable, but its extremely annoying (especially with Cinders).
    I found out last night that GRGRBRG was alot more manageable.

I love this version of nerfing. My group hits the wall, works really hard on it putting in 20-40 attempts, changing our strat around, dealing with the mechanics and then a nerf happens and the next time we go attempt the fight we just one shot that shit. Council and Mega happened that way now. Horridon we got down pre-nerf and council we had on the rails but I am happy with the tight tuning of these fights, sure beats going into firelands/dragon soul and going 6/7 or 7/8 or so on the first night or week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Heroic Spine and Madness both say hi. 13 minutes of boring as fuck, and 30 seconds of mechanics that can actually wipe you.
    I was going to post the exact same thing.
    Also, Ragnaros heroic.

My group runs pretty much exclusively with 2 healers. Is this fight 2 healable to a guild with an average item level of about 504? Resto shaman and Holy Paladin. If so, what order would you recommend on the heads. We will be doing our first attempts at the boss tonight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    My group runs pretty much exclusively with 2 healers. Is this fight 2 healable to a guild with an average item level of about 504? Resto shaman and Holy Paladin. If so, what order would you recommend on the heads. We will be doing our first attempts at the boss tonight.
    We killed her with 2 healers. Resto druid + Holy Paladin. Both around 508 ilvl, avarage of guild is about 508 ilvl.

First we disabled chain lightning. And after first transition we chose to level up overcharge.
    The hardest part about two healing is the last phase, it hurts a shit-ton if people fail to get far from thunderstruck coupled with lightning balls a bit after.

Solo soak static shocks..bubble, iceblock, clos, symbiosis, dark bargain, disperese, shieldwall/laststand/die by the sword, etcetc.

edit: two healers are really intense. we have a paladin tank who helps alot with healing. Dunno what tanks you have
    Last edited by mmocbb1534d252; 2013-03-20 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinalicious View Post
    We killed her with 2 healers. Resto druid + Holy Paladin. Both around 508 ilvl, avarage of guild is about 508 ilvl.

First we disabled chain lightning. And after first transition we chose to level up overcharge.
    The hardest part about two healing is the last phase, it hurts a shit-ton if people fail to get far from thunderstruck coupled with lightning balls a bit after.

Solo soak static shocks..bubble, iceblock, clos, symbiosis, dark bargain, disperese, shieldwall/laststand/die by the sword, etcetc.

edit: two healers are really intense. we have a paladin tank who helps alot with healing. Dunno what tanks you have
    That's a different fight :P

it was alittle hard the first thee days ToT came out, it has been nerfed twice, so get real, this boss is easy, and predictable, and thanks to mentioned nerfs its also booooring

Deleted
    I find it.. ironic that a lot of groups seem to opt for such a silly way to do the fight then nag about the need for 4 healers or the difficulty at the end.

The problem is: for every head you kill of a type, new heads of that type will do more damage.

So if you go G-R-G-R-G-R-G you have triple boosted poison AE and triple boosted fire damage at the end. That will hurt tanks bad and do tons of raid damage.

My group did B-R-G-B-R-G-B. We used 3 healers mostly because 1 will be dispelling a lot which drains mana. We killed it on our 8th go and after figuring out you need to up dps a bit to stay under 4 stacks of the red debuff on the tank.

This makes damage on the raid manageable, even at the final heads. There is no need *at all* for 4 healers. You spread the difficulty from high raid damage on the final heads to everyone not being idiots with running with ice the whole fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    That's a different fight :P
    wow im so sorry mate. i must have had 2-3 browsers up and mixed them. haha, crap :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    I find it.. ironic that a lot of groups seem to opt for such a silly way to do the fight then nag about the need for 4 healers or the difficulty at the end.

The problem is: for every head you kill of a type, new heads of that type will do more damage.

So if you go G-R-G-R-G-R-G you have triple boosted poison AE and triple boosted fire damage at the end. That will hurt tanks bad and do tons of raid damage.

My group did B-R-G-B-R-G-B. We used 3 healers mostly because 1 will be dispelling a lot which drains mana. We killed it on our 8th go and after figuring out you need to up dps a bit to stay under 4 stacks of the red debuff on the tank.

This makes damage on the raid manageable, even at the final heads. There is no need *at all* for 4 healers. You spread the difficulty from high raid damage on the final heads to everyone not being idiots with running with ice the whole fight.
    Was about to post this then saw your post kilmir !
    Also we did it with 3 healers before the nerfs, I don't get how people need 4 healers at all :/ seems to be some crazy strats

We just do B-R-B-R-B-R-B since our first kill pre-nerf w/3 healers. We never killed a green one ever because we liked how red debuffs remove blue stuff on the ground and blue laser removes red void zones so it sorta made sense. Green explosions sounded annoying so we didn't try it. I'm sure we probably missed some easier combo.

We hero on the second last head since its the tougher Green-Red combo to burn it before the 3rd stack of red debuff and then just finish the easy blue-green combo for the last head phase with dps pots.

Ahh, makes me remember good ole heroic rag, Phase 1/2 ez pz, Phase 3/4 Huge cockblock. Took 7-10 minutes to even get to that part.

Deleted
    kinda like the new kind of mechanic they used on megaera

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fun on heroic if your healers don't suck.
    But normal is indeed a boring snoozefest
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    As a tank, its like any boss: switch to different add now and then. I actually enjoy the trash more than the bosses, theyre so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by randalgraves View Post
    kinda like the new kind of mechanic they used on megaera

There's nothing on this fight that wasn't recycled from something else.

Our healers are indeed a little whiny. Everytime it comes to a boss where healers really have to pull numbers it's the biggest problem on earth and we can't get arround it without using more healers. They always argue that with 3 Healers and the B R B R G R B tactic if two healers have to run at the same time they can't get the tanks healed anymore (ok our tanks have crappy gear, because both main tanks left the raid at the end of the content).

Are you talking about heroic Megaera? If you mean doing it on normal, does it even matter what order you do the heads in?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn