Thanks for making our valor gear suck so hard!

I mean it, too. This will save a lot of time every week not needing to cap valor. No haste on the majority of dps pieces? No mastery for tanks? Sweet. After getting the cloak this reset I'm pretty much finished.

Kirin Tor valor gear isn't meant for raiders.

Look at the Shado-Pan Assault gear, that's actually meant for people who worry about itemization, it isn't perfect, but the Trinket, Ring and Necklace are all very nice for Frost/Unholy.

Most of the rest of the plate-gear is so-so to OK, but there's about three options per-slot for plate gear just about, two non-tier and tier, so it's really just a matter of being a raider or not.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

15+ Year Old Account
    We're hitting such high haste levels from gear/reforging alone crit starts to get ahead of haste at least for UH, at some point propably for 2h frost too.

Uhh, Shado-Pan Assualt valor gear is 522 ilvl and you get rep via lfr.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 05:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post

Look at the Shado-Pan Assault gear, that's actually meant for people who worry about itemization, it isn't perfect, but the Trinket, Ring and Necklace are all very nice for Frost/Unholy.

Most of the rest of the plate-gear is so-so to OK, but there's about three options per-slot for plate gear just about, two non-tier and tier, so it's really just a matter of being a raider or not.
    This, it's really not as bad as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post

Oh I'm sorry, did you not notice the comeplete lack of mastery on the SPA vp gear? The fact that most of the tank pieces are actually Hit/Dodge? Worst valor gear itemisation I've seen for tank stuff in a long time. in fact I'd go so far as to say the dps neck is better than the tank neck for tanking.
    Last edited by draconisaerius; 2013-03-19 at 02:29 AM.

Were you planning to get Shado-Pan Assault reputation without raiding in some magical, fantastic way?

Because how it's setup, any way you choose to gain rep WILL give you those three pieces per slot options, no matter if it's through LFR or regular raiding.

So unless you're planning to vendor all your raid gear earned through LFR or through regular raiding and Mogu Rune rolls from both to ONLY spend VP to gear, you're crying about what is essentially consolation gear in case you haven't gotten the piece from the slot you wanted yet.

That's all VP gear was ever meant to be. An alternate way to fill gaps with broad, less-ideal stat arrays then raid gear. Particularly with a tier that has SO MUCH gear in it, the VP gear is by and large superfluous to anyone who's even a casual raider. If you've managed to get to Exalted with Shado Pan Assault and haven't gotten wrists/bracers/chest/shoulders from LFR or regular raids yet, you either have a statistically amazing streak of bad luck on your hands, or your guild's loot policy is utter balls.

Why don't you complain about the lack of 2H weapons in the tier, and how Blood's only optimal option for a weapon is on a double layer of RNG? At least then you'd be bitching about a valid problem.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

I see a ring and a pair of gloves that have mastery on it for blood. Trinket has passive mastery with dodge use.

I see haste on the cape, ring, and neck.

I'm confused, are you upset because not ALL of the pieces have haste?

Pretty sure Valor gear is meant to be a consolation prize/band-aid for when you can't get raid gear. It would be pretty silly if you could get all the best items from Valor.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Unfortunately, I still need to earn VP thanks to that lameass Wrathion quest...6k can bite my ass.

Deleted
    As other people have said... The gear's not meant to be BiS, it's a consolation prize. As far as items go the neck, ring and trinket for DPS are actually pretty damn good.

I think it is intended to make the 522 pieces from valor less atractive than the equivalent items from Throne of Thunder.

VP neck / ring / cloak / trinket are pretty damn good.

Were you expecting all the pieces to be tailored to dks?? There are two other plate wearing classes that would be pretty upset

10+ Year Old Account
    This has actually nothing to do with DK's.. So far I have noticed that all valor gear isn't optimized... No matter what class it is.
    It's sufficient for questing, LFR and entry level normal raiding... But it is certainly not laid out to be BiS, and that's a good thing.