Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Lame, I should be able to kill myself as much as I want to.

that this was going to get a nerf was ridiculously obvious. I don't get how they even introduce items like this even a monkey could see this getting changed.

Deleted
    I wonder what it intended to do then.

Killing yourself ona 30 min timer seems useless

It's like that one april fool's joke a couple years back, "everything fun will be nerfed 90(or was it 99?)%"...except this time it wasn't a joke. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate that change i cant do this any more every 5 min when in bad bg:

Well looks like i gota save it for special times.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

This doesn't stop you saving repair bills though? It just means you can't get literally all of them
    Seems fine to me

*Flips a table* twice.

Shame, I just figured out how to kill Thorim solo and many attempts I ended up stuck in the tunnel with enemies immune and not hitting me. The only escape was to HS out and I was considering farming the dagger for this situation. Not worth it now on a 30min cd.

How many vanity items have CDs of less than 30 mins? Not too many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    How many vanity items have CDs of less than 30 mins? Not too many.
    Kind of annoying tbh.. Although this doesn't really make sense, it literally killed you, no fancy buff/shapeshift or anything you just died, how is that worthy of a nerf?

"Skipping repair bills" well why not just throw durability damage onto it when you die would have been much easier. There is literally no logical explanation for the nerf of this item other than "lets nerf it for the hell of it"

Ty blizz, I never really wanted to have fun anyway. T_____T
    Last edited by Riven; 2013-03-19 at 05:22 PM.

I'm not surprised. The 5 minute cooldown meant it was up for every attempt in a raid situation, which changed it from a fun vanity item to a wipe recovery tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I hate about Blizzard. They constantly hotfix such pointless things like this. Like was it affecting gameplay so much that they had to have a cast time on it and a longer cooldown?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

They made it so you can't deny another player a kill and so you can't use it to save on a repair bill when you're falling to death or taking damage more than once a second when you want to use it.
    You can still use it to save on a repair bill every 2 boss fight attempts, and you can still use it for fun when you're getting ganked and get away for a measly one second to not give the guy the satisfaction.
    Really, how often do you need to kill yourself? Why would you need to do it every 5 or 10 minutes?

The item completely removed repair bills from the game. Every single player would HAVE to get one. Two years later, we'd be playing in the next expansion and everyone would still have to go and farm that item because it granted you a pretty tangible benefit. No vanity item in the game is kept that powerful, or so attractive in a gameplay/balance sense.
    Also... consider how odd it'd be for such a huge amount of deaths in the game to all be from the one same item, instead of... the game, the world the monsters.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

People were using it in LFR so they could afk during boss fights...pretty annoying.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    People were using it in LFR so they could afk during boss fights...pretty annoying.
    As much as I think that is awesome in a very terrible way cause it sucks, they could have at least changed it to not be active in lfr or even during combat..but that hotfix was pointless and sucks. I loved going up to people and just being like "guess what"..<death> and explain how wow has this terrible bug that causes me to die randomly. Was good humor, now this sucks really...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pointless change I don't quite understand. What's funny though is mods over at the wow forums were deleting every thread talking about this nerf lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysthalica View Post
    But then you wouldn't be able to mindfuck other players by suiciding when you've almost killed them...
    I like the way you think
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    This is what I hate about Blizzard. They constantly hotfix such pointless things like this. Like was it affecting gameplay so much that they had to have a cast time on it and a longer cooldown?
    Short answer, yes. Yes it was. My guildies that had gotten their hands on one pre-nerf were using it pretty close to on cooldown for progression fights, and it wasn't because it was fun, or pointless. It saves repair costs and speeds up called wipes. That's what's colloquially known as "utility', and the sole reason I went and got one for myself.

Ok, here's my theory on why it got nerfed. It's twofold:

1. The repair bill issue, as stated above. Dodging pretty much all your repair bills is bad for the economy. That said, there are other ways around this particular issue, but then I have another theory as to why it got nerfed.

2. It could've become mandatory for raid progression. How much time do you think is used on wiping? Sometimes it can take quite a while to get killed depending on the boss. How many minutes per raid, hours per week do you think could be saved with the entire raid using this item? Especially during hardcore progression at the start of a patch.

Blizz probably foresaw this becoming an issue and hotfixed it before it did. Yeah, it sucks for those of us who were just using it for a bit of fun, but Blizzard needs to be aware of all the possibilities of these 'fun' items. The players will constantly find new and improved ways to break the game; Blizzard needs to be on top of the game to prevent the rest of the playerbase being negatively affected by this.