Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Do you have a source for such claims? Because so far I haven't seen anything that indicates such goals and methods are implied with Varian. Jaina I can understand where you get this notion from, but even she so far just seems to have a vendetta against Garrosh.

Which is seen where? As I said he hasn't gone around dictating anything to do with the Horde. In fact much if not all of what Varian has been involved with so far has not had anything to do with the Horde as an organisation and has been all to do with Anduin and the rest of the Alliance.

I'm sorry for having trouble finding my source. But there was quest dialogue by Varian to you Sully and Amber telling you that you are representatives for the Alliance to Vol'jin. To which Vol'jin initially claims he doesn't trust you, which is odd if you ask me.
    But so far we've seen nothing that supports your belief that Varian has a high horse attitude towards the Horde.

I think he has every right to play a role in the shaping of the Horde when this is all over even if it's just advice or something. Varian has a right to make sure the Horde are in a position where they can be trusted to do the right thing and not go ape shit crazy on them. The Alliance have been the first and foremost victims in all this and so once this is over they have every right to see that such a war doesn't happen again.

Your final sentance I hope wasn't literal. This has been brought up before. The Alliance needs it's own story. It shouldn't be there to exclusively help. That is what is happening in 5.3 and I've remained very pessimistic about it.
    Yeah. Varian even states in his letter to the player he doesn't trust Vol'jin. There is a middle ground here. It's not either 'Varian wants to completely eradicate the horde' or 'he wants to rebuild the horde into a force for good because Varian knows best.' In all likelihood he'll come in, break Garrosh's regime, and leave the Horde to rebuild itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this happens, then all it amounts to is blizzard trying to satisfy the alliance whiners who complained about the game not being about them.

And none of them will be satisfied whatever the devs do, it doesn't which character they develop, what things they do, the alliance playerbase will never be satisfied, and the devs will regret trying to make that crying child happy.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donttouchtheclown View Post
    Were you there at The Cataclysm? Alliance and Horde brought Deathwing down together. Once you fight along side somebody it becomes a lot easier to forgive them for things from the past.
    They also brought down the Legion twice and Arthas, yet they still continue to querll with each other
    Old hatrds and what not dont die that easily

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    In all likelihood he'll come in, break Garrosh's regime, and leave the Horde to rebuild itself.
    so just as the Horde forges its own nations and what not we are back to scrapping by just to get by?
    That totally sounds fun as Horde
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    After reading this, I can't wait to see what the 5.3 daily hubs will be like, especially from the Alliance PoV. I wonder what we could do to put them at ends with each other like sabotage missions or something. Will the simple unity of the Alliance be overwhelming and make the Horde leaders blame Garrosh for their disparities?
    If you didn't see the spoilers, then you don't want to know. It is VERY poorly done.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    so just as the Horde forges its own nations and what not we are back to scrapping by just to get by?
    Back to the roots, the horde is basically back to their underdog status in Vanilla. They will recover, though it will take time of course, in the meantime the Alliance will do the bigger stuff and might finally get some political intrigue, the Alliance really lacks that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    If you didn't see the spoilers, then you don't want to know. It is VERY poorly done.

EJL
    Could have been much worse though.

Yeah. Varian even states in his letter to the player he doesn't trust Vol'jin. There is a middle ground here. It's not either 'Varian wants to completely eradicate the horde' or 'he wants to rebuild the horde into a force for good because Varian knows best.' In all likelihood he'll come in, break Garrosh's regime, and leave the Horde to rebuild itself.
    I hope the Alliance stays in Og for some time like the Korkron in Undercity, making certain the orcs "behave".

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    They also brought down the Legion twice and Arthas, yet they still continue to querll with each other
    Old hatrds and what not dont die that easily

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 07:11 PM ----------

I don't know how things will play out, but tweets have suggested that when this is all over the horde will be weakened and divided, rather than united and strong. Ebb and flow, horde got to have fun in cata, now the pendulum may be swinging the other way.

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If this happens, then all it amounts to is blizzard trying to satisfy the alliance whiners who complained about the game not being about them.

And none of them will be satisfied whatever the devs do, it doesn't which character they develop, what things they do, the alliance playerbase will never be satisfied, and the devs will regret trying to make that crying child happy.
    Not sure what exactly you're getting at here. What would be amounting to blizzrad satisfying whiners? The Horde coming out weaker for what Garrosh has done? Or the fact that the Alliance is playing a key role in dethroning him? There's no indication as of yet that Varian will be stepping into Horde politics.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Could have been much worse though.
    I'm not that sure it could have been "much" worse. Both sides come off very poorly IMO and unless there have been major changes since I last looked in (granted, that was a few weeks back but still....), the whole thing stinks of "Lets get this done as quickly and cheaply as possible". There is also the danger here, given the Alliance complaints is that Blizzard will yet again pull out one of its massive over corrections. Which would be bad as well.

EJL

Alliance side 5.3 could have been awesome. They really should have just added another quest or two of the Alliance sabotaging Kor'kron, instead of just one 'robocat' quest then talking to vol'jin, then the patch would be great for me.

I don't know how things will play out, but tweets have suggested that when this is all over the horde will be weakened and divided, rather than united and strong. Ebb and flow, horde got to have fun in cata, now the pendulum may be swinging the other way.[COLOR="red"]
    I guess the bond between Orcs, Tauren and Trolls is quite damaged. It might be replaced by Troll Tauren and Blood elf as the political core. With Orcs being mistrusted, just like the forsaken.

Alliance side 5.3 could have been awesome. They really should have just added another quest or two of the Alliance sabotaging Kor'kron, instead of just one 'robocat' quest then talking to vol'jin, then the patch would be great for me.
    Sometimes i wonder if they actually take the time to think such things through, they should know their fanbase and expect that what they implemented would not be enough to satisfy them, but as I said it could have been worse.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

The Alliance complained that they were being shoehorned into the story. That complaint actually seems to be very valid, as does the one where they complain the Alliance hasn't really had any story or lore progression since the LK.

They ARE being shoehorned into the story and shoehorned into it in cheap manner which only underscores their lack of involvement. The Horde players gets two battle scenes, voiced cutscenes and a story that even in MoP has been expanding and developing since launch. The Alliance get a letter from Varian, an out of the blue announcement that the Alliance are going to send an invasion fleet and control a cat before they have to go and persuade Vol'jin that they'd be honoured to let the Alliance supply him with what he needs. The Alliance get quests from the Trolls, they earn rep with the trolls and they buy gear from the Trolls using models Blizzard removed 2 years ago.

Cheap, cheerful and about as much worth to an Alliance player as a screen door on a submarine. 1 Radical Mojo for the pet, finish the questline for the title and there's really nothing else of value there if you don't want to spend 10 weeks getting some transmog gear.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-05-21 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've preferred it if we did some naval stuff, no the scenario is not what I mean as we have no idea where it precisely is and given the circumstances of players being involved it would appear to take place before the rebellion. We could've done the cat spying quest (which I still think is a piss take, you cannot take it seriously when you're a robotic cat) and then after talking to Vol'jin we could've gone to this phased naval battle far off the coast of Orgrimmar. That would've been cool.

I seriously dislike this patch from an Alliance PoV. The stuff with Moira is great. But that's it. The questline itself isn't even comparable to the Horde one in terms of it's quality of actual content. The fact you control a freaking robotic cat doesn't help because it's blatantly Kosak trying to inject some sort of humour where it doesn't belong.

Maybe I'll resub in 5.4 if the Alliance get some enjoyable content. I just don't think 5.3 does the job at all.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how things will play out, but tweets have suggested that when this is all over the horde will be weakened and divided, rather than united and strong. Ebb and flow, horde got to have fun in cata, now the pendulum may be swinging the other way.
    not much for me to look forward to is there?

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 09:43 PM ----------

I hope the Alliance stays in Og for some time like the Korkron in Undercity, making certain the orcs "behave".
    lol, doubt that will sit well with the player base or the population
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    That would be INCREDIBLY out of character for Garrosh. He's more against demonic magic than Thrall is. If that is indeed what happens then Blizzard sucks at writing.
    So is Orgrimm Doomhammer the other real warchief of the real horde, before Garrosh appeared, he hated demonic magic and locks with a passion.

Well, yeah Blizzard sucks at writing, the novels and many sensless retcons prooves it. Dunno why there are guys discussing this story all too seriously. As if its real history. Its not even coherent fiction!

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 11:59 PM ----------

Like in real history: 1945 in Berlin, after a well known Tyrannt was defeated and the city completely destroyed? Unlike those germans, horde players will moan about it and blizzard will feel it in massive subscribe losses, cause, you know, the horde players are many and orgrimmar is their capitol.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-05-21 at 11:54 PM.