GCD variation on teir 90 talents. Am I the only Ret pally with this?

I main Ret. I have noticed that the GCD on Execution sentence is longer than all my other spells. Exo, Cs, etc. and that's how it should be Thx to Sanctity of battle we should never be GCD capped on our standard rotation of spells. HOWEVER! I had decided to switch around the tier 90 talents. As any good player should i was curious to see what other tools i have on my arsenal. Mid fight i noticed, it seemed, that the GCD on Holy Prism felt much faster, with my 26% unbuffed haste i can def tell when i throw Execution Sentence in my rotation, but using Holy Prism felt like just casting another Exo. To make sure of this i went to a Dummy after the fight and sure enough, at least as best as i can tell, there is a distinct difference in the GCD of Execution Sentence and Holy Prism. I wil prob go check out Lights hammer as well but that doesn't seem to have as many uses for me. So I am well aware that tier 90 talents should not be effected by Sanctity of battle, but does it make sense that Holy Prism have a shorter GCD then than ES? Is this just broken? and if it is should i even be mentioning this? Just curious if anyone else has noticed this? If it limited to Ret or happens in all specs.

on a side note, Id also like to add that despite all the QQ and hate that Rets always receive I am really enjoying the changes in 5.2 and can safely say that while i don't expect to top charts against other classes with similar gear i have def noticed the changes and appreciate the attention as it was much needed. After all it says a lot when your Tier 4 set becomes baseline...:P long time commign blizz, we're not 'there' yet but it's def a great start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, some of us have also noticed that Prism's GCD is shortened by Sanctity but not ES. It's odd and we never managed to get an answer from the developers.

Deleted
    Yes, this has been well known. A lot of us tried to make this known to blizzard to the 5.2 patch but to no avail.

It is the same with some other abilities like sacred shield. Holy prism is not affected by this.

well good to know im not alone. The only real fix i seek is to have them all be effected by Sanctity. Curious if this effects ES still being the best for our single target DPS? and is it recommended still to use ES during BL then? I just feel like it puts such a lag on my rotation to cast ES sometimes. I wonder if its costing me getting off an extra Hammer of wrath during wings.

ES does not benefit from haste, in terms of ticks or GCD scaling. However, since you will (likely) have all CDs+pot going during lust, it is absolutely worth using then due to the snapshot scaling of the ability. Its DPET is the highest of any skill Ret has, and with a well timed trinket proc (like JiKun feather) and GoAK/Wings, you'll see stupid big numbers.

That said, I really hate the GCD lag and got no replies from GC/blues despite many posts about it during 5.2 Beta. I'm using Holy Prism more and more these days (as Prot, and as Ret for dailies/PVP), so I don't notice it there, but it really sucks on Sacred Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    And as our haste values rises, it becomes worse and worse. Really need to voice up about this for 5.3. I am really annoyed by it.