Dark Apotheosis (Demonic Slash)

I've just recently started to level my lock and have glyphed for Dark Apotheosis, but I'm a little confused about one of the abilities it grants. It turns Shadow Bolt into Demonic Slash, which grants 60 fury per hit, but then it seems to dump all but 200 of your Fury when you switch out of DA. It seems a bit pointless for the form to grant you an ability that generates fury if it's just going to get rid of it as soon as you switch out of the form.

I don't really know all that much about locks at later levels though, is there another use for Fury later on, aside from it being a resource for use in Meta form?
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    No, with 4. You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Edit: Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

Deleted
    Dark Apotheosis is like a "tanking" form, you gain dmg reduction poorly scaling with your mastery, a barely working taunt and some new abilities (Demonic Slash/Fury Ward). You're not supposed to generate fury with it so that you can use it in Meta later on. You can do funny things like tanking in heroic dungeons and... I don't know. Maybe it has some pvp usage, but I don't pvp.

And fury is only a resource for Meta otherwise.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2013-03-19 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    Dark Apotheosis is like a "tanking" form, you gain dmg reduction poorly scaling with your mastery, a barely working taunt and some new abilities (Demonic Slash/Fury Ward). You're not supposed to generate fury with it so that you can use it in Meta later on. You can do funny things like tanking in heroic dungeons and... I don't know. Maybe it has some pvp usage, but I don't pvp.

And fury is only a resource for Meta otherwise.
    See that's what I thought, but it kind of threw me off when they made Demonic Slash a fury generator. Made me wonder if there was another use for Fury that I just hadn't found out about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    No, with 4. You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Edit: Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

Ysen's got it right, but I'll add in case you're wondering "why generate fury in dark apotheosis at all then?": The fury in Apotheosis is supposed to be expended on Fury Ward when you need the mitigation and molten core soul fires when you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sur the tanking form also requires demonic fury for certain abilities.

Auras, hellfire and void ray.

edit to add: the fury gained in demon hunter form is lost when going to Meta and both forms share the same CD.

Deleted
    In DA, Soul Fire, Fury Ward, Aura of Enfeeblement/the Elements, Immolation Aura, Void Ray, Carrion Swarm, Sleep and pet summons cost fury. Demonic Slash, Drain/Harvest Life, Corruption, Hand of Gul'dan cost mana and generate fury.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you run out of fury while in DA, you're a sitting duck; good luck keeping aggro off others. That's why fury generation is needed.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --