Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Hunter Pet Bug Used To Kill Bosses

There is a hunter pet bug from EPL that has been around for a while from my understanding that increases the pets damage by large amounts, more than intended. I do not know the exact details of it, but others have been talking about it.

I noticed a Council Heroic 25m kill log that consisted of a 2 minute fight. The hunter was BM and using this pet. I also noticed other guilds doing it. I am not trying to rat anyone out so I am not mentioning any guild tags here. I just want to know that if you use this pet bug to get one of these heroic kills in ToT, is that against TOU since the bug has been there a while and blizzard does not seem to be concerned with it as there has been no reaction from the developers themselves. This pet was used on a Tortos kill as well. So, if the developers do not seem concerned with it, is this just one of those "it is okay to do it even if it is wrong" kinda deals? I do know one of these guilds would have not met the dps requirement for heroic council if they did not have this bug in the raid.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sutraqt; 2013-03-20 at 01:02 AM.

As I understood it, wasn't that pet bug fixed back when it was used alllll the way back in Blackwing Descent heroics? Could you link those logs?

I would really encourage people to NOT use this bug, as back when it was used in BWD, some bans for it as an exploit were most certainly handed out.

This is one of the pics, I can get another when servers come back up.

i.imgur.com/SjRKupw.png

Deleted
    If you're talking about the dog with the damage aura, they no longer keep the aura when tamed. It's been fixed (again) not so long ago. Some people may still have one of those since before the last fix and using them is grounds for ban.

Definitely don't use it. You will get banned.

It's possible that it was fixed, then broke again for whatever reason. Code is fun like that. Report it to Blizzard, do NOT use the bug to kill any raid bosses, you WILL get banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    hahahaha suit up. strong exploits.

EDIT: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7922983911 - so many amusing posts on their recruitment thread lmfao.

http://i.imgur.com/z4tsWz4.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/l6zfVSC.jpg
    Last edited by Desh; 2013-03-19 at 12:51 PM.

Deleted
    I can see only one hunter. When you'll see the raid stacked with them doing that, then you'll have something more substantial, IMHO.

The pet retained the buff as long as it did not die. They made sure you could not tame another pet and keep the buff - pets that were already tamed kept it, for as long as they were alive. Considering the fact that RTS now has a pet named "Ripjamal", and no "Jamal", I'd assume that the pet died sometime after the kill and lost the buff, and can thus no longer be abused.
    It's still grounds for atleast a suspension, though.

#exploits being used by duality/suit up/gamble, these hunters everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relil View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/OnKaL5D.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/pTa9fCb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Relil View Post
    Gamble using exploits? say it ain't so. The bigger question would be how many people on there roster are on final warning from Blizz for the exploits that they used in the past.. cough anyone from TM cough.

With out a doubt an exploit ... hard to argue "it was an accident, how was I supposd to know this would happen?"

I still have one of those buffed dogs as well. Their damage is just insane, but my raid leader won't allow it during any guild (progression) run .

Quote Originally Posted by Hallu View Post
    I still have one of those buffed dogs as well. Their damage is just insane, but my raid leader won't allow it during any guild (progression) run .
    Good raid leader. Knows that banned dps does considerably less dps than unbanned dps.

The thing is, its such an old bug and blizzard has really done nothing on their end about it nor have mentioned it at all. This lead me to believe they might not care about the bug being used or its just such a low priority because of the lack of response. There have been no warnings or bans from anyone using it in ToT that I know of.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    wth lol

People will do anything for heroics. It doesn't even feel like an accomplishment doing it this way...

youtube.com/watch?v=o-86A3_MZ8A

Looks like a legit Torots heroic kill to me. Pic must have been them goofing off before killing the boss.
    Last edited by Sutraqt; 2013-03-19 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    W-w-w-w-what's going on in here?

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    W-w-w-w-what's going on in here?

haha more like what is going on in here?

i.imgur.com/SjRKupw.png

question is, if they can do it, can everyone else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutraqt View Post
    haha more like what is going on in here?

i.imgur.com/SjRKupw.png

question is, if they can do it, can everyone else?
    Pretty disheartening that a hunter needs to get his pet a +50% buff to even compete on DPS.

I agree with you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Good raid leader. Knows that banned dps does considerably less dps than unbanned dps.
    More likely afraid that the whole raid will get banned and doesn't want to buy a new account and relevel.